iphone 8 won't sync to itunes

Started by Bernadette, August 14, 2022, 06:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

I've tried everything I can think of, and a few things I found on google, and nothing works. I've tried adding music manually, syncing over wifi, syncing automatically, trying another USB cable, etc. My OTR shows won't sync. This is a huge problem for me, as I mostly use my phone to listen to audiobooks and OTR. What can I do? Itunes is up to date, as is the phone.
My Lord and my God.

andy

Is it on your new laptop, does it run win11?

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

andy

I have iphone SE 2016 and when attempted to sync from Windows 11 laptop, it said - do you want to erase all music on my phone. I said no, since I do not want to use Fr. Hesse talks. I will try later another approach.

Bernadette

I ended up having to erase all of my audiobooks, re download them to my computer, and transfer them to Itunes and back to my phone. I still couldn't get the OTR from one disc to transfer, but I had another disc which worked. Edit: On the bright side, I found a disc of Fibber McGee and Molly that I'd forgotten all about. :)
My Lord and my God.

Prayerful

I used to have iPhones, up until the 4s, and frankly iTunes could be needlessly obtuse when interfacing when with Windows laptops or similar desktops.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

andy

Quote from: Bernadette on August 14, 2022, 03:09:21 PM
I ended up having to erase all of my audiobooks, re download them to my computer, and transfer them to Itunes and back to my phone. I still couldn't get the OTR from one disc to transfer, but I had another disc which worked. Edit: On the bright side, I found a disc of Fibber McGee and Molly that I'd forgotten all about. :)

Glad you sorted it out.

Bernadette

I'm still having problems. Random tracks won't transfer, and the tracks that do transfer aren't all showing up under "Albums" or "Artists."
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

Well, I finally gave up and switched to using VLC Player instead of itunes. Problem solved.
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

Quote from: Bernadette on August 15, 2022, 12:33:07 PM
Well, I finally gave up and switched to using VLC Player instead of itunes. Problem solved.

Brilliant! lol
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bernadette

I think I'm getting an android next time.
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

Quote from: Bernadette on August 15, 2022, 04:01:54 PM
I think I'm getting an android next time.

Noooo.  :) I'm so tempted to get an iphone.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

andy

Having Google knowing even more about you. Not for me.

I am contemplating getting another iphone SE 2016, they could be gotten for $130 new on eBay.

Bernadette

I need a bigger screen and way more storage than that.
My Lord and my God.