By any fluke, does anyone have these books second hand?

Started by diaduit, June 16, 2022, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

https://materdeieducation.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/5th-class-Booklist-072021-1.pdf

Not counting postage, these books brand new would cost me €500 and that is just for one child plus enrolment fees of €715 with coupon.

A long shot but would any of these books be gathering dust in your house?

MundaCorMeum

I'll look and see.  Would you be open to some substitutions?

diaduit

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on June 16, 2022, 08:47:23 AM

I don't think I can, its a new homeschool programme and these are the books that they want as curriculum.  Tbh, its way above my budget but it would be great to get ready made lesson plans and it sets goals and it creates accountability from an outside source instead of Mammy the cook, cleaner, nagger, driver, comforter etc....

Thanks for looking :)

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: diaduit on June 16, 2022, 02:00:05 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on June 16, 2022, 08:47:23 AM

I don't think I can, its a new homeschool programme and these are the books that they want as curriculum.  Tbh, its way above my budget but it would be great to get ready made lesson plans and it sets goals and it creates accountability from an outside source instead of Mammy the cook, cleaner, nagger, driver, comforter etc....

Thanks for looking :)

Gotcha.  I know sometimes a lot of ready-to-go-programs will allow substitutes if it's close enough (lives of saints books are often very similar, for example, but they may want a particular one due to writing style and grammar it incorporates into the story).  I am actually in the process of organizing/culling my bookshelves, so it's a good time for me to search!

diaduit

I just got Saxon 6/5 free on PDF.  but not the workbook or corrections book.

MundaCorMeum

Looks like all I have close to anything on that list is Saxon 8/7 and Faith and Life year 4.  You are welcome to both, if you think you could use them in the future.  I don't have the corrections or workbook for Saxon, and it's an older edition (hand me down from my MIL). 

diaduit

Ah thanks but I'll leave it and thanks so much for offering, I just don't think I should start something that I can't keep going.