LouisIX

Quote from: CoolCat on May 06, 2013, 04:37:22 PM
Quote from: Archer on May 06, 2013, 04:29:43 PM
Quote from: CoolCat on May 06, 2013, 04:09:49 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 05, 2013, 10:10:57 AM
Quote from: CoolCat on May 03, 2013, 12:22:18 PM
Quote from: RealJayneK on May 03, 2013, 12:13:55 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on May 03, 2013, 11:59:19 AM
Speaking of strong associations with enemies of the Church, how about that Montini guy betraying names of secret bishops (the ones who went across the Iron Curtain) to Communist cooperators?

Oops, not a Nazi, guess he wasn't THAT bad.

I have not investigated this accusation so I do not know if it is true.  If it were true, it would be completely irrelevant to the question of whether Nazis are an enemy of Church. 

If somebody starts using a picture of Paul VI as an avatar, it would be a good time to raise this concern.
I guess that the star of David is a good choice for an avatar. If we are going to juxtapose it to a picture of Nazis in procession for Mass or Nazis recieving Communion. Sure, it works. In fact, the star of David should replace those other avatars.

You should use it Jayne.
Are you telling jayne she should apply the star of david to indicate her presence? HMMMM Awkward!...really insensative I think....considering she is a hebrew convert. Dont do it jayne.
Voxxpopulisuxx
I didn't know she was a convert. Besides, even if she was one, I would not find it offensive.  I'm talking about her having the Star of David for an avatar. Well, she originally brought it up. It is a nice remider as pope Benedict XVI says, of our fathers in the faith.

Do you post here just to tick people off? Honest question.
It is needless to state -honest question- after your question. So every question you have asked without that qualifier is dishonest? I don't think so.
I was answering Voxxpopulisuxx's question and his implication that I am insensitive.

Nice dodge.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Jayne

Quote from: CoolCat on May 06, 2013, 04:37:22 PM
It is needless to state -honest question- after your question. So every question you have asked without that qualifier is dishonest? I don't think so.

In this context, I took "honest question" to be the opposite of rhetorical question.  I thought that he was trying to make clear that he really wanted an answer because his question could have been misunderstood as a rhetorical one.  I thought this was a good idea.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Bonaventure

Quote from: CoolCat on May 06, 2013, 04:09:49 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 05, 2013, 10:10:57 AM
Quote from: CoolCat on May 03, 2013, 12:22:18 PM
Quote from: RealJayneK on May 03, 2013, 12:13:55 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on May 03, 2013, 11:59:19 AM
Speaking of strong associations with enemies of the Church, how about that Montini guy betraying names of secret bishops (the ones who went across the Iron Curtain) to Communist cooperators?

Oops, not a Nazi, guess he wasn't THAT bad.

I have not investigated this accusation so I do not know if it is true.  If it were true, it would be completely irrelevant to the question of whether Nazis are an enemy of Church. 

If somebody starts using a picture of Paul VI as an avatar, it would be a good time to raise this concern.
I guess that the star of David is a good choice for an avatar. If we are going to juxtapose it to a picture of Nazis in procession for Mass or Nazis recieving Communion. Sure, it works. In fact, the star of David should replace those other avatars.

You should use it Jayne.
Are you telling jayne she should apply the star of david to indicate her presence? HMMMM Awkward!...really insensative I think....considering she is a hebrew convert. Dont do it jayne.
Voxxpopulisuxx
I didn't know she was a convert. Besides, even if she was one, I would not find it offensive.  I'm talking about her having the Star of David for an avatar. Well, she originally brought it up. It is a nice remider as pope Benedict XVI says, of our fathers in the faith.

Is this rhetorical? It should be.

I just wish JohnWayne wouldn't act so schizophrenic with the accounts.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Elliott

The article mentions martin luther and his jewish friends. I have read that marty was very anti jewish. I doubt he had jewish friends.

Jayne

Quote from: Elliott on May 07, 2013, 03:38:38 AM
The article mentions martin luther and his jewish friends. I have read that marty was very anti jewish. I doubt he had jewish friends.

The explanation that I heard was that he thought that Jews would appreciate his wonderful new form of Christianity purified from all the Catholic mistakes and they would become Christians then.  This would affirm how right he was about everything.  :laugh:
When the Jews were not impressed with his new religion, he went from friendly to them to anti-Jewish.  So there are examples of both views in his writing.

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Innocent Smith

Quote from: Elliott on May 07, 2013, 03:38:38 AM

It really doesn't matter what you doubt. He was the Arch-Heretic. He created the biggest Revolution of which all the others that were, and are to follow, are mere aftershocks of that monumental earthquake.

Quite often, when one is deceived, he will last out at those who deceived him, rather than admit he may have been wrong. It is my opinion that this indeed was the case with Luther.

It is quite obvious that the rise of Protestantism had everything to do with Judiazing. Monks were tired of being monastic and started carrying around swords in mimicry of Old Testament figures.

With this understanding, it is my belief that Protestantism was a New World Order for the sacking and looting of  peoples all over the earth, instead of going to Mission to these people. It was now a maritime world, which begat maritime laws, the implementation of debt through usury to steal lands, or just the outright stealing of lands and Church property which Luther and King Henry VIII did so very well.

I think "theological" differences was the mere cover for a new economy based on usury, debt, and the trading of pretty colored paper with ink over it for real assets like land and gold.

Now it may be true that Lutherans today, as well as other Protestants, will argue that they don't agree with our Doctrine. And I do not doubt their sincerity.

But Luther was a prideful man full of avarice. He was also quite vulgar. He delivered a new religion apart from the Catholic Church to the princes and various courts who demanded it. They were financed by Jews. So even if there did exist a certain separation, which may have been possible, he ultimately did the bidding of the Jews.

Not long after, Cromwell killed a King and crowned himself and let the Jews back into England. The rest, as we like to say, is history.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Heinrich

Thus begetting centralized banking.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Elliott

This is the first I've heard of Jews being behind the protestant deformation. What are some more sources?

Bonaventure

Quote from: Elliott on May 07, 2013, 08:26:19 PM
This is the first I've heard of Jews being behind the protestant deformation. What are some more sources?

Martin Luther's mom grandma was a marrano convert from Spain. Just take my word.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Hawaii Five-0

Quote from: Heinrich on May 07, 2013, 04:41:40 PM
Thus begetting centralized banking.

And the dawning of the Protestant work ethic... Let everyone else do the work and they will accumulate the real wealth produced through usury and money manipulation, just like Shylock.
Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer. - Padre Pio

Kaesekopf

So, who are the idiots that let the Jews take over banking?  Why didn't the Church or some clergymen step in and say "hey, wait a minute, let's make all this bank for ourselves?"
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Jayne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 08, 2013, 10:14:39 AM
So, who are the idiots that let the Jews take over banking?  Why didn't the Church or some clergymen step in and say "hey, wait a minute, let's make all this bank for ourselves?"

Here is a Wikipedia excerpt that addresses your question, but you may need to adjust for liberal spin:
QuoteLocal rulers and church officials closed many professions to the Jews, pushing them into marginal occupations considered socially inferior, such as tax and rent collecting and moneylending, tolerated then as a "necessary evil". Catholic doctrine of the time held that lending money for interest was a sin, and forbidden to Christians. Not being subject to this restriction, Jews dominated this business. The Torah and later sections of the Hebrew Bible criticise Usury but interpretations of the Biblical prohibition vary. Since few other occupations were open to them, Jews were motivated to take up money lending. This was said to show Jews were insolent, greedy, usurers, and subsequently led to many negative stereotypes and propaganda. Natural tensions between creditors (typically Jews) and debtors (typically Christians) were added to social, political, religious, and economic strains. Peasants who were forced to pay their taxes to Jews could personify them as the people taking their earnings while remaining loyal to the lords on whose behalf the Jews worked.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_antisemitism