Greetings

Started by Roland Deschain, December 29, 2012, 06:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Deschain

What brings you to SD?: Linked from Cathinfo
Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)? Answered above
Why did you choose your username and avatar? Roland Deschain is the main character from Stephen King's Dark Tower series
What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning? Married
Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!) Yankee born and raised but currently living in Dixie.
Personality type? Melancholic
Favorite books? Any writings from the early Church Fathers
Favorite movies? LOTR, Braveheart, Nosferatu
Favorite TV shows? Don't watch TV
Favorite sports/teams Notre Dame Football, New Jersey Devils, New York Mets, San Francisco 49ers
Have any hobbies? Reading
Pet peeves: most people
Fun random fact about yourself: There is nothing fun or random about myself.

Other possible pertinent facts: I attend the SSPX and am absolutely opposed to any agreement with Rome until such time that Rome returns to the Faith.
'Since Moses was alone, by having been stripped as it were of the people's fear, he boldly approached the very darkness itself and entered the invisible things where he was no longer seen by those watching. After he entered the inner sanctuary of the divine mystical doctrine, there, while not being seen, he was in company with the Invisible. He teaches, I think, by the things he did that the one who is going to associate intimately with God must go beyond all that is visible and—lifting up his own mind, as to a mountaintop, to the invisible and incomprehensible—believe that the divine is there where the understanding does not reach.'

—St Gregory of Nyssa

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

ServusSpiritusSancti

Welcome to SD, Roland Deschain!

God Bless.

tmw89

Glad to see you made a thread in here, Roland!

Quote from: Roland Deschain on December 29, 2012, 06:34:29 PM

Although not very fun, isn't that fact a bit random??

Quote from: Roland Deschain on December 29, 2012, 06:34:29 PMOther possible pertinent facts: I attend the SSPX and am absolutely opposed to any agreement with Rome until such time that Rome returns to the Faith.

Very glad to read this  :)
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

EcceQuamBonum

Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!) Yankee born and raised but currently living in Dixie.

Welcome to the promised land.   ;)

And welcome to the forum!
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Kaesekopf

Look away!  Look away!  Look away!  Dixieland!

Welcome to SD.  I hope you like it here!
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Roland Deschain

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on December 29, 2012, 10:11:38 PM

Welcome to the promised land.   ;)

And welcome to the forum!

Thank you all for the kind welcome.

EcceQuamBonum-

Seems more like the land of heat, humidity, huge bugs and tornadoes  ;)

The mountains are gorgeous though.
'Since Moses was alone, by having been stripped as it were of the people's fear, he boldly approached the very darkness itself and entered the invisible things where he was no longer seen by those watching. After he entered the inner sanctuary of the divine mystical doctrine, there, while not being seen, he was in company with the Invisible. He teaches, I think, by the things he did that the one who is going to associate intimately with God must go beyond all that is visible and—lifting up his own mind, as to a mountaintop, to the invisible and incomprehensible—believe that the divine is there where the understanding does not reach.'

—St Gregory of Nyssa

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

MilesChristi

What brings you to SD?: Linked from Cathinfo
Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)? Answered above
Why did you choose your username and avatar? Roland Deschain is the main character from Stephen King's Dark Tower series
What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning? Married
Personality type? Melancholic
Favorite books? Any writings from the early Church Fathers
Favorite movies? LOTR, Braveheart, Nosferatu
Favorite TV shows? Don't watch TV
Favorite sports/teams Notre Dame Football, New Jersey Devils, New York Mets, San Francisco 49ers
Have any hobbies? Reading
Pet peeves: most people

Other possible pertinent facts: I attend the SSPX and am absolutely opposed to any agreement with Rome until such time that Rome returns to the Faith.

I see there are other Mets fans in the world.
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Roland Deschain on December 30, 2012, 07:53:23 AM
EcceQuamBonum-

Seems more like the land of heat, humidity, huge bugs and tornadoes  ;)

The mountains are gorgeous though.

Hahaha.  Well, yes, it is that, too.  I wanted to be a storm chaser when I was a kid, though, so the tornadoes have always been part of why I love living down here.   ;)
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Lyubov

??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.