SSPX South American District Superior on New Pope

Started by Bonaventure, March 15, 2013, 10:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

DICI obtained the opinion of Fr. Christian Bouchacourt, District Superior of South America, on the evening of the Pope's election.

Cardinal Bergoglio wishes to be a poor man among the poor. He cultivates a militant humility, but can prove humiliating for the Church. His appearance in the loggia of St. Peter's in a simple cassock without his rochet and mozzetta is a perfect illustration. He is a fine politician... And idealistic apostle of the poverty of the 70's, he is completely turned towards the people, the poor, but without being a disciple of the theology of liberation.

Very conscious of the dilapidated state of his clergy, he did nothing to fix things. Never has the seminary of Buenos Aires had as few seminarians as today. It is a disaster, as have been the liturgies presided over by the "Cardinal of the Poor." With him, we risk to see once again the masses of Paul VI's pontificate, a far cry from Benedict XVI's efforts to restore to their honor the worthy liturgical ceremonies.

He was firmly opposed to abortion. But while he wrote a beautiful letter to the Carmelites of Buenos Aires against the homosexual "marriage" bill – which was unfortunately voted through in the end – he had a regrettable discourse read during the protest against this bill, in which the name of Our Lord was not pronounced even once, while the Evangelistic pastor who spoke before him to excite the crowd delivered a more courageous discourse...(see DICI #219, July 24, 2010).

During an ecumenical meeting, he knelt to receive the blessing of two pastors.

He is a man of consensus, who hates confrontations. He kept his distance from the Catholics who denounced the blasphematory expositions that were held in Buenos Aires.

I have met him 5 or 6 times and he has always received me with benevolence, seeking to grant me what I wished, without going out of his way to overcome obstacles....

(sources : SSPX – DICI #272, March 15, 2013)
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Cesar_Augustus

Mithrandylan

Yes, thank you.  Does anyone know more about Bouchacourt?  Sounds like a Frenchman.  In any event, this is mildly encouraging, notwithstanding the positive reference to Ratzinger. 

Although, he is wrong on one point.  Bergoglio (a cardinal) was actually kneeling to receive blessing from a priest, and after that blessing was done, the prot minister dropped a penny on the floor to distract Bergoglio and blessed him against his will.

:p
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Cesar_Augustus

Quote from: Mithrandylan on March 15, 2013, 12:05:40 PM
Yes, thank you.  Does anyone know more about Bouchacourt?  Sounds like a Frenchman.  In any event, this is mildly encouraging, notwithstanding the positive reference to Ratzinger. 

Although, he is wrong on one point.  Bergoglio (a cardinal) was actually kneeling to receive blessing from a priest, and after that blessing was done, the prot minister dropped a penny on the floor to distract Bergoglio and blessed him against his will.

I think he is French. He was Abbot of Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet.

Someone1776

I have exchanged a few brief emails with him. He is staunchly against sedevacantism and very protective of the society.

Gerard

Quote from: Someone1776 on March 15, 2013, 12:24:51 PM
I have exchanged a few brief emails with him. He is staunchly against sedevacantism and very protective of the society.

Does that mean pro-Bishop Fellay and the deal with Rome or the opposite?

Magnificat

>:( You totally had me for a second!

Someone1776

Quote from: Gerard on March 15, 2013, 08:28:08 PM
Quote from: Someone1776 on March 15, 2013, 12:24:51 PM

Does that mean pro-Bishop Fellay and the deal with Rome or the opposite?

He hasn't called me up to share his thoughts on the matter. But, I would guess "other."

charlesh

ROFL!