Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Archer

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcTKNDB2TM[/yt]

One of the greatest sword fights ever filmed starting at 1:16:00.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

voxxpopulisuxx

Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Larry

Quote from: Archer on July 17, 2013, 03:10:49 PM
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcTKNDB2TM[/yt]

One of the greatest sword fights ever filmed starting at 1:16:00.

Heck, yeah! This, and the Errol Flynn movie ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD, have the best sword fights in movie history.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Archer

Quote from: Larry S. on July 18, 2013, 03:08:33 PM
Heck, yeah! This, and the Errol Flynn movie ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD, have the best sword fights in movie history.

I know! To this day The Adventures of Robin Hood is one of my favorite movies.  I can watch it over and over again, it never gets old. 

ETA: And talk about an all-star cast. When actors actually could act....

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evof-iVDOwQ[/yt]
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Alypius

In the Name of the Father

D.D. Lew is the man.

totiusque

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (full "movie" below)

Being a fan of the Firefly series, when I saw this was directed by Joss Whedon and had Nathan Fillion as a main actor, I had to check it out.  Definitely NOT what I expected, but then again, with a title like that, I shouldn't be surprised.  42" of pure silliness.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVBjS22ppdw&feature=player_detailpage[/yt]
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Larry

Quote from: Archer on July 18, 2013, 07:09:31 PM
Quote from: Larry S. on July 18, 2013, 03:08:33 PM

I know! To this day The Adventures of Robin Hood is one of my favorite movies.  I can watch it over and over again, it never gets old. 

ETA: And talk about an all-star cast. When actors actually could act....

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evof-iVDOwQ[/yt]

ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD is in my top five of all time. I've loved that movie since I watched it on a Sunday afternoon around Christmas time as a little kid. Even then, I was blown away by the gorgeous Technicolor and the great acting.

Keeping on topic: the last movie I watched was the 1989 BATMAN with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson. I haven't watched it in a very long time, mainly because I didn't think it held up compared to the new Christopher Nolan films. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed seeing it again. It isn't as well written as Nolan's movies, and I think the script needed one more draft before they began production. But it is a fun flick, with a great scenery chewing performance by Jack, and a very complex and moody Keaton as Bruce/Batman. Plus Danny Elfman's music rules.

Heinrich

Michael Keaton is the best Batman ever.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

zork

Swing Parade (1946, with the 3 Stooges)
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: totiusque on July 19, 2013, 02:58:56 PM
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (full "movie" below)

Being a fan of the Firefly series, when I saw this was directed by Joss Whedon and had Nathan Fillion as a main actor, I had to check it out.  Definitely NOT what I expected, but then again, with a title like that, I shouldn't be surprised.  42" of pure silliness.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVBjS22ppdw&feature=player_detailpage[/yt]

42 minutes of pure hilarity.

Laundry day!  See you there, under things, tumbaling....
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Heinrich on July 19, 2013, 09:29:44 PM

You guys are trolling me.

Larry

Quote from: Heinrich on July 19, 2013, 09:29:44 PM

I still prefer Bale, but Keaton is second best.

Bonaventure

Dark Knight Rises for maybe the tenth time.