Christian Doctor's Beliefs about Gender 'Incompatible with Human Dignity'

Started by Vetus Ordo, October 03, 2019, 07:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

More from the modern cradle of democracy: "Belief in Genesis 1:27, lack of belief in transgenderism and conscientious objection to transgenderism in our judgment are incompatible with human dignity and conflict with the fundamental rights of others, specifically here, transgender individuals," the tribunal wrote in its decision.

UK Tribunal declares Christian Doctor's Beliefs about Gender 'Incompatible with Human Dignity'

Washington Examiner.

A Christian doctor who was fired for refusing to identify transgender clients by their preferred pronouns has lost his legal battle after a United Kingdom employment tribunal declared his belief violated human dignity.

Dr. David Mackereth, 56, was forced to leave his job at the Department for Work and Pensions last year because he would not use transgender pronouns, saying in July 2018 that he believes "gender is defined by biology and genetics" and "the Bible teaches us that God made humans male or female." In July, Mackereth told an employment tribunal, a U.K. body that hears employment disputes, that he was pressured by his supervisor to refer to transgender individuals by their preferred pronouns, which he said was a violation of his Christian faith.

Mackereth's counsel, an attorney affiliated with the Christian Legal Centre, a Christian legal group, argued his client was discriminated against on account of his faith, according to a press release from Christian Concern, a Christian advocacy organization based in the U.K.

The attorney referred to Mackereth's belief in the truth of Genesis 1:27, which states, "So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." Belief in this verse, he argued, leads to the understanding that "every person is created by God as either male or female. A person cannot change their sex/gender at will."

But the tribunal disagreed with Mackereth's defense, declaring belief in Genesis 1:27 and the rejection of transgender pronouns to be inconsistent with respect for human dignity.

"Belief in Genesis 1:27, lack of belief in transgenderism and conscientious objection to transgenderism in our judgment are incompatible with human dignity and conflict with the fundamental rights of others, specifically here, transgender individuals," the tribunal wrote in its decision.

Mackereth, who now works as an emergency doctor in Shropshire in western England, expressed concern about the ruling, saying his "30 years as a doctor are now considered irrelevant compared to the risk that someone else might be offended." He said he would appeal the decision.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

TheReturnofLive

Oh wow, mainstream, secular society declaring that transgenderism is a human right and Christians are bigots?

Next you'll tell me that the Sun is hot or that rain is wet.
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

Miriam_M

gsas

Why appeal the decision?  Every country has a doctor shortage.  He can go to the USA and continue.  There he will not be put through this madness of secularism.

Lambda Phage

Quote from: gsas on October 06, 2019, 08:49:13 PM
Why appeal the decision?  Every country has a doctor shortage.  He can go to the USA and continue.  There he will not be put through this madness of secularism.

It's not always so easy. Depending on what type of doctor he is his credentials might not transfer. If I were to move to the UK my degree might count but my license wouldn't, and I'd have to spend thousands of dollars and multiple years working towards becoming licensed in the UK. Some countries have reciprocity agreements.

I think Canada and New Zealand would accept me. New Zealand LOOKS nice but sounds terrible these days. I'm staying put.

Heinrich

Quote from: Lambda Phage on October 07, 2019, 08:04:39 PM

It's not always so easy. Depending on what type of doctor he is his credentials might not transfer. If I were to move to the UK my degree might count but my license wouldn't, and I'd have to spend thousands of dollars and multiple years working towards becoming licensed in the UK. Some countries have reciprocity agreements.

I think Canada and New Zealand would accept me. New Zealand LOOKS nice but sounds terrible these days. I'm staying put.

Drummerboy has a good question in the Workbench.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Lambda Phage

Quote from: Heinrich on October 12, 2019, 07:55:05 AM
Quote from: Lambda Phage on October 07, 2019, 08:04:39 PM

Drummerboy has a good question in the Workbench.
I only now found out you need permission to go there.

I can't believe I've been here for years and never knew that existed.

Heinrich

I have Genesis 1:27 on my truck. How long before "they" make me take it off?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

percival

In Canada as the US I believe, a crime exists under the monicker of ''Indignity committed to a non-living body'', meaning everything one could imagine under such a title. However, I'm of the opinion that far more heinous is what should fall under a seperate law, namely the illegality of ''Indignities committed to a living body'', which we are dealing with here. Any person who harbors anything from homosexual thoughts to transgenderism and the concerning ideologies, how they can discern the people in power who rule in favor of these things and fight against Christian and conservative voices against them, to be of any other conviction than hating them deeply and decisively, I cannot understand.