"Darwinism is a theory that lost any scientific credibility..."

Started by BigMelvin, August 19, 2014, 07:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximilian

Quote from: MelvinMailer on August 21, 2014, 03:52:51 AM
Quote from: james03 on August 20, 2014, 04:43:08 PM
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMPXu6GF18M[/yt]

Start at 7 minutes.  Note, this is BASIC life, cell division.  This process had to be in place to have reproduction.

Item 1 is discussed in the video on this thread.

Item 3 I read about, but don't remember where.  It is a philosophical question.  Where did the knowledge come from embedded in the code?

Thanks a lot, I will watch. Concerning Item 3, what sort of knowledge is embedded in the code? How would this relate to the tabula rasa in the philosophical psychology of St Thomas?Thanks

Oh yeah, this is that video where he first gives a little speech about the 2 great heroes whom he has tried to emulate in his life, Galileo and Darwin. I feel sorry for the poor guy considering the pressure he is under, and the rest of the video is awesome.

james03

Actually that's a good thing.  No one can claim he is a "stupid" creationist.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: GloriaPatri on August 19, 2014, 10:23:49 AM
We are talking about a man who, contrary to all empirical evidence, believes that the Earth is less than 100,000 years old. That alone destroys any real scientific credibility that this man may have ever held. That anyone keeps holding him up as a good example is further evidence of the bankruptcy of scientific comprehension that seems to be prevalent amongst the trad community.
Inductive reasoning. There is no way to infallibly age the earth.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Sbyvl36

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on August 21, 2014, 05:39:14 PM
We are talking about a man who, contrary to all empirical evidence, believes that the Earth is less than 100,000 years old. That alone destroys any real scientific credibility that this man may have ever held. That anyone keeps holding him up as a good example is further evidence of the bankruptcy of scientific comprehension that seems to be prevalent amongst the trad community.

1. The Church Fathers agree it was created in about 5200 B.C.
2. Is GloriaPatri a Catholic?  If so, why does he dispute Scripture?  If not, why is he here?
My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Sbyvl36 on August 21, 2014, 07:07:37 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on August 21, 2014, 05:39:14 PM

1. The Church Fathers agree it was created in about 5200 B.C.
2. Is GloriaPatri a Catholic?  If so, why does he dispute Scripture?  If not, why is he here?
Yes GP is Catholic....he has every right to be at SD....he doesnt dispute scripture just translates it to fit into scientific paradigms.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.