Chinese dropping like flies

Started by james03, January 23, 2020, 07:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christulsa

Prepping for potential disasters like this is on my To-Do List besides what little I've already done (modest food pantry, weapons, savings, survival skills, etc) but the conundrum in scenarios like this how serious to take it.  Take it too serious it becomes a distraction from duties of state or worse it turns you into an end times nutter like one who'd retreat to the deep woods around CC monastery in a state of frenzied isolation.  Not take it serious enough, then neglect your duty to protect yourself and your family, and end up starving to death out in the cold with the zombies once chastisement thunders across the land. 

I can appreciate the scenario painted by MaximGun a couple months ago in a post about wanting to be able to stand behind James' sandwich board drinking fine wine laughing, after saying the rosary, while the unprepared heathens outside suffer.  Reminds me of funny comments made by Greg about relishing the coming chastisement, imagining himself sitting on his roof top looking out across the chaos laughing with a case of vodka.  And there was truth in ironic statements like that.  It is good to prep, and God even commands it, so there's assurances He is on your side temporally and spiritually during crisis.  But often the innocent true believer is still destined to suffer even horribly with the rest. 

And do we really have enough data to think Chastisement and the Anti-Christ is on the horizon to make extraordinary preparations for it?   To alert ourselves and everyone around us every time potential doom appears in the headlines?  Maybe so.  But I don't have certain answers.   Perhaps I need to read more on the subject or just error on the side of extreme caution.  Marian apparitions and our own analysis only goes so far rationally, beyond that it's a very hard task to predict the future (aka prophesize) and make special plans on par with those predictions.  I'm all for prepping short term and long term, which is actually fun to do, but to what degree?? 

Food for thought.

MaximGun

The answer to that is this. Just seriously enough, that when your food suppliers, medicines, ammo, etc, etc, runs out everyone in a 100/200/400 yard radius of your house is already dead or in a government camp being fed. You don't have to outrun the lion, just the first person the lion catches and eats.  Because then he is chewing on them and you can calmly walk away.

Most people have done ZERO prep.  So any prep is a headstart.

diaduit

Don't do a henny penny or chicken licken on it but at the same time be the virgin and the lamp!!

christulsa

Quote from: MaximGun on January 29, 2020, 04:35:10 AM
The answer to that is this. Just seriously enough, that when your food suppliers, medicines, ammo, etc, etc, runs out everyone in a 100/200/400 yard radius of your house is already dead or in a government camp being fed. You don't have to outrun the lion, just the first person the lion catches and eats.  Because then he is chewing on them and you can calmly walk away.

Most people have done ZERO prep.  So any prep is a headstart.

Sounds like some serious prep, for that kind of scenario.  Everyone nearby either dead or in a gov't camp.  That would be on the level of the Great Chastisement, so that level of prep would warrant a certain degree of certainty we are in or near the End Times, or something akin to it.   I've read enough of the prophesies to think it's very possible or likely if not certain, so I suppose what you imply is right, that we need to do hard core prep beyond just filling our pantries.  And I can appreciate the godliness of standing behind your sandwich board chuckling a bit as the world goes down in flames, giving thanks for God's vengeance He promises against His enemies (who are the enemies of orthodox, Catholic Christians living upright lives in grace).  If done in humility.

MaximGun

I guess that depends with whom you are neighbors.

The latest news - just off Twitter- The Chinese Paralympic team because of anticipated difficulties in organizing their training have already pulled out of the Tokyo Summer Games - according to their spokesperson, Lim Ping.

And the German 33 year old man working for the car parts company who caught the virus locally in Germany when an asymptomatic Chinese trainer flew in from HQ to hold a one day course recovered his full health in a single hour - however, he very soon found himself hungry for more power.

GBoldwater

Why are we even believing those people died from coronavirus in China?  Always need to verify that murderous Communist country's propaganda, but in this case not really possible. Now they can start panics whenever they want just by inventing news that can't be verified. Coronavirus is just a cold virus.
My posting in the non-Catholic sub-forum does not imply that I condone the decision to allow non-Catholics here. I consider non-Catholics here to be de facto "trolls" against the Catholic Faith that should be banned. I believe this is traditional Catholic moral procedure.

Prayerful

I don't think this is much of anything. One Chinese chap was wearing a motorbike helmet, which is perhaps not fitted to the purpose. The Red Chinese authorities lie by nature, so honestly it's hard to tell. There's probably some different things at work here.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Tales

This coronavirus is just the cold like how the Spanish Flu is just the flu.

The Lancet's latest estimate puts mortality rate at 11%.

Zerohedge article putting the dots together strongly suggests that this is an escaped virus from the top level Wuhan biohazard lab nearby the seafood market where this started.  Job posting Nov 2019 on the lab's own website is looking for inexperienced people to do research on deadly coronavirus infections in bats.  This virus came from bats and the market is 20 miles away from this lab.  Also in 2019 two Chinese scientists stole deadly coronaviruses from Canadian biohazard labs and brought them back to China.

This would help explain things.  Deadly virus gets out of biohazard lab by inexperienced workers.  Everyone too scared to tell anyone.  Virus spreads but no one knows.  Eventually it gets sequenced and eventually someone figures out its the same virus from the biohazard lab. Now warning bells go off that, what is perhaps a bioweapon, is on the loose.  Suddenly 85 million under quarantine, boulders rolled into roads, etc, Xi Jinping declaring it the "devil virus", PLA doctors ordered into action, etc.

james03

If 11% mortality gets confirmed, then we are at DEFCON 2.  Which means stock the f' up.  Note this is an estimate at this time.  Reporting still looks like 5%.

Australia seems like it is in the lead for non-Chinese, non-oriental cases.  I think we'll know in a week.  Also monitor Japan.

DEFCON 1 is zombie apocalypse where food and power get cut off.

Right now, DEFCON 3.  Monitor the situation and finalize plans.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

james03

Lancet article confirming 11% mortality.  Not good.

https://marlin-prod.literatumonline.com/pb-assets/Lancet/pdfs/S0140673620302117.pdf

Looking at results, looks like immune boosting steps are helpful.

Lancet clearinghouse site for Wuhan virus:

https://www.thelancet.com/coronavirus

This weekend I'll probably pull the trigger.  Head off to the store and start buying.

james03

Another way to look at it.  This is a 11% mortality for hospital cases.  2 ways to look at it:

1.  Despite medical intervention, 11% die.

2.  This sample is the sickest of the sick, so mortality in general is lower.

Don't know which one applies. 

martin88nyc

Quote from: james03 on January 29, 2020, 08:08:04 PM
Another way to look at it.  This is a 11% mortality for hospital cases.  2 ways to look at it:

1.  Despite medical intervention, 11% die.

2.  This sample is the sickest of the sick, so mortality in general is lower.

Don't know which one applies.
There could many who got sick and recovered quickly after a couple of days so the mortality rate may be lower than estimated.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

MaximGun

It is 3.09am and I have definitely caught this coronavirus.  I know it.  I am certain.
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :pray2: :pray3:

I have a terrible pain in my sinos.

:P

martin88nyc

Quote from: MaximGun on January 29, 2020, 09:12:29 PM
It is 3.09am and I have definitely caught this coronavirus.  I know it.  I am certain.
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :pray2: :pray3:

I have a terrible pain in my sinos.

:P
speaking about sinus. I had a painful sinus problem for almost a month. It was vey painful.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33