Review of ”predictions 2019” and new predictions for 2020.

Started by Sempronius, December 26, 2019, 03:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sempronius

Lets review some of last years predictions.

Pon de replay:

QuoteMike Pence will become the 46th President of the United States.

Close call. If only the senate was on board with the democrats then Mike Pence would be president.

King Wenceslas

QuoteCome January 1, 2020, Donald Trump will still be President Donald Trump which means the government will still be in a shambles. Great theater though.

Got that one right but that was expected.

QuoteBy January 1, 2020 PF will have (tried) overturned another doctrine or discipline of the Church. My guess is women deacons or married priests.

Also right.

Matto

QuoteI predict the Yankees will win the World Series. And that Trump will seize power and become a dictator and democracy in the United States will come to an end

Dont know about Yankes but United States are still running.

Nmoerbeek

QuoteTrump will remain President.
Pope Francis will remain Pope.
Priestly Celibacy will remain the norm.
There will be no women cardinals or women deacons.
Brexit will happen.
There will be no civil war in America or Europe.
There will be an economic recession.

Technically Brexit hasnt happened yet and no economic recession.

Heinrich

QuoteUpdated prediction: There will be a false flag event eclipsing the tragic and stupefying 9/11 job.

What an anticlimax year for Heinrich.

Stefano

QuoteI predict that the result of the international Bishops conference in February shall conclude that all the "bad priests" are already gone, and that they shall redouble their efforts in making sure children are safe in parishes. They shall not make any mention of homosexuality whatsoever. As part of their new initiative, there shall be a campaign with a benign title like "They Are Our Future", which will effectively do nothing except take up resources and promote more of Francis' friends into other levels of the Magesterium.

I also predict that PF will dismantle Summorum Pontificum in some way or another.

Somewhat right on the first but wrong on the second.

Kreuzritter

Quote1. Such "predictions" of historical events will continue to be as much exctretory products of a bovine digestive system as assignments of "prior probabilites" without knowledge of the deterministic mechanics of a process and the correct ones nothing more than the result of the broken clock effect.

2. People will die, taxes will be paid, Disney's next Star Wars will suck, and social trends with momentum will continue.

Good call on Star Wars.

Martin88nyc

QuoteMel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ: Resurrection release date will be finally  announced.

Thats right I think? 2021 is the date.

Lambda Page

Quote1. Full troop withdrawal from both Syria and Afghanistan. Lambda Phage is the last one on a plane home.
2. Trump builds the wall.
3. Stock market trends down in typical bear fashion, but the effect on the economy is not overwhelming.
4. RBG survives 2019.
5. Ohio lawmakers revive and pass the heartbeat bill. It is signed into law.

Dont know about 5, 3 is wrong? But the other are almost spot on. 4 is spot on.

Xavier

Quote1. Radical leftists in the Church push for official approval of Women Priests, Gay Priests etc. They are defeated, temporarily. Oct 2019 in the Amazon Synod.
2. Pro-Life Catholic, and Father of 5, Andrew Scheer wins national election as Prime Minister of Canada. Around October 2019.
3. Pro-Christian Indian Congress Party wins national elections in India in April or May 2019.
4. Aussie conservatives make major gains in their house and senate election.

Let's all try to keep these things - and anything else similar if someone has information - as our prayer intentions for the year.

5. Any cricket fans want to take a chance predicting the 2019 World Cup in England? I'd have to go with India, no. 1 team, or England, hosts.

And for the US,

6. Heartbeat act makes its way up from the states (possibly Ohio, as Lambda said) comes before the US supreme court by 2019 end.
7. Ginsburg goes to meet her Maker (hopefully, even for a baby-murderess like her, after remorse and contrition), by the end of 2020.

7 is wrong, and 2. The other I dont know.

Updates will come at another time.

clau clau

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Heinrich

Firstly, OP written with five days left of 2019; thus, FF still possible. As is everything else. Thanks, though.

My 2020 predictions:

Patriots win SB once again, Brady does not retire.

Clemson wins collegiate football national championship.

Trump will release all those talked about documents demonstrating the crimes of his opponents, deceased and undeceased.

Trump wins again as economy continues to surge(mammon), Israel and the Jews are placated ever more, but, most importantly, numerous pro life judges at federal and Supreme level are nominated.

Greg comes back like a roaring lion, Jayne finally buries her head in shame for her ridiculous, erroneous assertions.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Sempronius

My predictions:

There will be a major natural disaster that will give climate activists more power.

Donald Trump will lose momentum and lose to Elisabeth Warren.

Michael Wilson

Kruzritter will tell somebody off in spades in a discussion thread.
Xavier will post an enormous amount of information on a thread,  which somebody will finally read.
Heinrich will drink Cinci's beer supply dry, causing a major collapse in the city.
Wilson will actually have an original thought, that isn't found in some dry theological tome.
Non Nobis, after responding to "sufficient grace", will become a Molinist.
Somebody will start a "Greg and Jane" thread, in which everyone on the forum will not throw their two cents worth in.
Maximilian will defend the Jansenists and attack as "ultra-super duper Montanists" and all those who hold to the doctrine of Papal Infallibility.
RTL, will convert to Catholicism, then to Orthodoxy several times; and leave forum forever and return several times.
Gardener will take over as moderator of the forum.
Erin is nice, will actually say something nice to someone on a thread. (I'm going way out on a limb on this one).
Davis Blank will finally ask a question that I can understand.
gsas, will become convinced that the devil isn't God and vice-versa.
Several members will meet their respective spouses on this forum, and live Happily ever after (more or less).
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

clau clau

My predictions

Greg will not come back.

Jayne will come back claiming MaximGun is Greg. She will then maneuver herself into a position of moderator and arbitrarily ban people based on inconclusive evidence.

Donald Trump will lose to Elizabeth Warren.

The stock market will enter a crack-up boom, initially triggered by stock buybacks.

Ruth Vader (sic) Ginsburg will die (doubling down - I was wrong last year).

One of the Democratic nominees will die in suspicious circumstances (see Clinton body count)
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Sempronius

Quote from: clau clau on December 26, 2019, 02:57:29 PM
My predictions

One of the Democratic nominees will die in suspicious circumstances (see Clinton body count)

Hmm🤔.. could it be Joe Biden? Him and Bill have probably done something Hillary is ashamed of. Easy to get rid of Joe, just claim a natural cause and thats that.

Antoninus

King Wenceslas

Predictions:

1. Trump is re-elected.

2. The DOW ends 2020 at 39000 (28600 at this time) as the Fed continues to pump easy credit.

3. Due to the Federal Reserve credit pumping, the value of my house goes from $450,000 to $580,000.

4. PF produces another theological disaster equal to the Amazon Synod and ends the year 2020 as the man wearing white in the Vatican.

5. The Sun continues to rise in the East and set in the West.

red solo cup

I predict the first mistake of the new year for a lot of people will be to write 2019 instead of 2020.

Sorry H, the Patriots won't make it past the first round of the playoffs.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Graham

Islamic terrorism in the West will increase.

Bitcoin will make a big comeback.

Tesla will suddenly close.

Biden will be the nominee. Ginsburg will resign before the election in a last ditch bid to galvanize Dem voters. But Trump will win reelection.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: red solo cup on December 27, 2019, 04:42:06 AM
Sorry H, the Patriots won't make it past the first round of the playoffs.

I predict they'll still make it to the AFC Championship game only to lose to Baltimore which will advance to the Superbowl to play New Orleans.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

james03

1.  Clemson wins the BCS.

2.  Economy continues to grow (don't fight the Fed).

3.  I think the market continues to climb, for the simple reason everyone hates the market.  Holds unless people start claiming a "new normal" of continuous market gains, then I'm short.

4.  Trump easily survives impeachment, assuming Nancy delivers it to the Senate.

5.  Trump is reelected.

6.  Durham indicts Comey, Strzok, and McCabe.  The rest skate.

7.  Bill and Hillary get indicted over Uranium 1 and The Clinton Foundation.

8.  The government tells us what happened at the Las Vegas shooting.  /sarc.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Lambda Phage

The best part is if Clemson loses tomorrow some of you have already lost before 2020 even begins!

If Ohio State wins tomorrow night I'll post my 2020 predictions.

I know, I know. You're all waiting on the edges of your seats. I understand if some of you may not be able to sleep tonight.

Gardener

Quote from: Lambda Phage on December 27, 2019, 08:28:07 PM
The best part is if Clemson loses tomorrow some of you have already lost before 2020 even begins!

If Ohio State wins tomorrow night I'll post my 2020 predictions.

I know, I know. You're all waiting on the edges of your seats. I understand if some of you may not be able to sleep tonight.

Is the foosball still happening? I'd rather watch liveleak videos of inbred idiots going to their death with shouts in Arabic of Allahu Akbar when their native language is, well, Urdu, Pashto, etc.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe