The Irish Revolution

Started by red solo cup, May 23, 2018, 04:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Quote from: Greg on July 05, 2018, 02:13:18 PM
Because of all the Americans who have never seen Ireland, and romanticize about the place because their great-grandfather had red-hair.

My husband and I learned everything we needed to know about Ireland by watching The Quiet Man, several times.

::)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-n873zZvMo[/yt]
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

VeraeFidei

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on July 05, 2018, 11:41:30 AM
Quote from: Prayerful on June 07, 2018, 02:44:37 PM
Quote from: Greg on June 03, 2018, 02:11:32 AM
What did it gain them?

Dublin before independence had nearly the worst slums in Europe. After independence, and particularly from the 1930s when public housing was built in Crumlin, that was mostly cleared. Ireland is now quite prosperous, better than the third rate Wales or it was fated otherwise to become, fishingand shooting estates for sportsmen, without the coal fuelled industry. The apostasy (two thirds or so) is hardly unexpected, one of the many poisoned fruits of the Great Apostasy, that Montini (rigged election like our wonderful Pope) rigged Masonic Council / V2 and that pretended Montini Mass.

Yes, why single out Ireland.  Vatican II has destroyed Catholic nations right across the world.
Irish piety in the US laid very effective groundwork for this "success" of the mid-20th century revolution.

red solo cup

Kaesekopf

Whoa sweet, my interest in Ireland is up immensely, this is a sweet thread.  Thanks!
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

red solo cup

red solo cup

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

red solo cup

red solo cup

red solo cup

red solo cup

red solo cup

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

red solo cup

Quote from: Heinrich on February 14, 2019, 03:40:59 PM
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/when-irish-eyes-are-closed-to-history/
Good article. It was Collins, acting on behalf of the IRA, who accepted the deal splitting Ulster off from the Republic. He said at the time it was a question of half a loaf being better than none. Many have never forgiven him. Some people think that's why he was assassinated.