"Pachamama" revealed - A Marxist Spiritual Narrative

Started by Aethel, April 28, 2024, 04:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aethel

Contemporary Marxism - whether you call it Cultural Marxism, Wokeism, Frankfurt School - the post Foucalt forms of Marxist strains of thought - have a very direct, explicit spiritual narrative. (I don't buy the notion that "Cultural Marxism" is a Bible thumping conspiracy right wing inbred conspiracy theory, https://web.archive.org/web/20140218194540/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism)

You can find this in the book by Chris Harman's "People's History of the World" but also the writings of Wilhelm Reich.

These Marxists believe that before the agricultural revolution, we lived in a harmonious communal form of existence. There was no monogamy, no family unit - everyone was having sex without restraint and due to the archaic natural conditions, people were forced to cooperate and raise each other's kids.

Both Wilhelm Reich and Chris Harman believe that these tribes saw the natural world around them as divine, and connected their spirituality with worship of the Mother Earth.

When you look across the various pantheons of Europe and the Near-East, both Indo-European and Semitic, there's a recurring theme of Earth as a mother and the Sky as a father, who were thought to have played a role in producing the other gods (and subsequently humanity).

Therefore, both Reich and Harman believed that because this communal, orgiastic form of existence was more immediate in space and time to the natural world as a whole around them, that their spirituality was ultimately directed to the Earth as the Mother.

Then came the agricultural revolution, and the emergence of Judaism and Christianity. Both Harman and Reich identify Yahweh, or God the Father, with the Sky Father in these mythologies.
Worship rather than being immediate in time and space, to the natural world around us, was redirected to ideals "up in the clouds" so to speak. 

This coincided with the emergence of the patriarchal unit and the repression of people's more immediate, carnal, earthly needs. The Abrahamic faiths emerged in order to psychologically cause people to identify  the patriarchal family unit with the divine.

Sexual energy was redirected to organized religion, which existed as a way to distract people from their own immediate needs and wants and to keep the masculine hierarchical society running.

Both Reich and Harman wish to synthesize the pre-agricultural revolution past and the post-agricultural revolution present by unleashing sexuality into the world, and destroying the Abrahamic faiths. They believed the most effective form of revolution was to make society as sexual as possible, because this would re-orient our instincts to a pre-agricultural revolution, communal form of existence.

These philosophers and thinkers aren't unknown in Marxist circles. They are heavily venerated.

This is why Mother Earth worship became so prominent in the Hippy Movement in the 1960s and 1970s, and which is why Francis's Marxist devotees pulled the stunt they did. They were demonstrating to the world their political and social allegiance, because that caricaturized Amazonian world is precisely where they want to bring the world. Their ultimate deity is a gross caricature of Mother Earth that is synonymous with the collapse of civilization and the bringing back of more primitive times.

Aethel

I think from my perspective, and from many people here, we cannot fathom how somebody could be so naive to believe in this fantasy, that somehow the post-agricultural revolution was a tyrannical form of oppression and that hunterer-gatherer societies were better.

I think there's one key answer: Talmudic Judaism and religions which mirror it - Islam, Evangelical Christianity, etc.

Catholicism (and other forms of Nicene Apostolic Christianity) was wise enough to recognize that life and society required different forms of individual expression in the ways in which we communed with God - and Catholicism allowed the veneration of many different Saints and Angels as role models who mirrored the virtues, both natural and supernatural, of Jesus Christ. Most especially the Virgin Mary, the Queen of Heaven, who's supernatural virtue personified the goodness of God in feminine expression. Sergius Bulgakov, a Russian Orthodox philosopher, even goes so far as to call the Virgin Mary an icon of the Greek Old Testament "Sofia", or Wisdom, given her supernatural virtue.

It was a "breathing of the Holy Spirit" into the paganism of old, which allowed similar expressions of individuality with the gods - Zeus, Athena, Aphrodite, Dionysus, Hermes, Apollo, etc.

Talmudic Judaism only permits one explicit way to God - Yahweh - with no intermediaries, and who does take on the personality of the Royal Patriarch.

I think what happens among Jews, Protestants, and Muslims is that they recognize the formative spiritual role that other personalities - especially women, mothers, grandmothers, romantic partners - play in the development of one's self, and when they see their religion explicitly denies them that, they have a dark psychological, but childlike reaction to that denial where they identify Yahweh, their community, and the entirety of Western civilization (which they project their community onto) as evil, false, and irredeemable, so they pendulum swing into what they perceive to be its positive opposite with no middle ground whatsoever, and that's this chaotic, anti-civilizational, feminine caricature - a caricature which denies the important and civilizing role women play in a person's formation, because it's a consequence of their engrained psychological Talmudic thinking patterns.

This is why I think Jews, Protestants, and Muslims get drawn into Marxism by the way - it's a narrative given by people with shared formative experiences.

james03

QuoteBoth Reich and Harman wish to synthesize the pre-agricultural revolution past and the post-agricultural revolution present by unleashing sexuality into the world, and destroying the Abrahamic faiths. They believed the most effective form of revolution was to make society as sexual as possible, because this would re-orient our instincts to a pre-agricultural revolution, communal form of existence.

I don't doubt that this form of sexual, return to paganism marxism exists in some elites.  However, Cultural Marxism was crafted to overthrow the Church, because it was the Church that blocked communism in Italy, and gave Gramsci the insight of what was needed to establish the beautiful utopia.  For some, that utopia may be centered around pagan orgies, for most it is simply a bunch of lazy leftists who believe that they will only have to do what they are "passionate" about, and still get a check.  In short, Cultural Marxism was seen as a tool, especially after further development by the jewish Frankfurt School, while the pagan sex utopia is seen as one of the goals.  Though the broader Cultural Marxists would also see sexual degeneracy as a tool to destroy society and make it ripe for revolution.

You also saw this kind of sexual degeneracy during the French Revolution.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

QuoteThis is why I think Jews, Protestants, and Muslims get drawn into Marxism by the way

Jews are motivated by hatred.

Prots are just emotional.

Moslems are low IQ for the most part.  Interestingly, in agreement with the famous IQ bell curve meme, moslems gets some things right.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

james03

Here's what I take issue with :

QuoteContemporary Marxism - whether you call it Cultural Marxism, Wokeism, Frankfurt School - the post Foucalt forms of Marxist strains of thought - have a very direct, explicit spiritual narrative.

It's more base than that for most, including Gramsci.  In order to obtain the beautiful utopia, the present society needs to be destroyed.

Aethel

Quote from: james03 on April 30, 2024, 10:00:24 AMHere's what I take issue with :

QuoteContemporary Marxism - whether you call it Cultural Marxism, Wokeism, Frankfurt School - the post Foucalt forms of Marxist strains of thought - have a very direct, explicit spiritual narrative.

It's more base than that for most, including Gramsci.  In order to obtain the beautiful utopia, the present society needs to be destroyed.

I guess what I meant is that there's some psychological force that roots itself in some "spiritual" goal and connects it to a spiritual mythology. If there is a spiritual reality, it is a "spiritual" delusion.

I presume most people as base. How many people want to go to Church just so they can get ice cream with mom and dad in Heaven, rather than these profound concepts like "Theosis" or "Divine Union" or "Experiencing the Beatific Vision" or "experiencing ontological beauty per se", yet I wouldn't doubt these things are connected to a psychological mythology or a spirituality.

Whether there are literal demons or it's a psychological reality, there's clearly a carrot being placed from the clouds which causes the horses to follow, even if it leads them off a cliff.

Aethel

Quote from: james03 on April 30, 2024, 09:45:05 AM
QuoteBoth Reich and Harman wish to synthesize the pre-agricultural revolution past and the post-agricultural revolution present by unleashing sexuality into the world, and destroying the Abrahamic faiths. They believed the most effective form of revolution was to make society as sexual as possible, because this would re-orient our instincts to a pre-agricultural revolution, communal form of existence.

I don't doubt that this form of sexual, return to paganism marxism exists in some elites.  However, Cultural Marxism was crafted to overthrow the Church, because it was the Church that blocked communism in Italy, and gave Gramsci the insight of what was needed to establish the beautiful utopia.  For some, that utopia may be centered around pagan orgies, for most it is simply a bunch of lazy leftists who believe that they will only have to do what they are "passionate" about, and still get a check.  In short, Cultural Marxism was seen as a tool, especially after further development by the jewish Frankfurt School, while the pagan sex utopia is seen as one of the goals.  Though the broader Cultural Marxists would also see sexual degeneracy as a tool to destroy society and make it ripe for revolution.

You also saw this kind of sexual degeneracy during the French Revolution.

I generally agree that stupidity is a better explanation than malice, which is why I tend to wave back and forth on the JQ (I did post something explaining my reasoning for a belief in malice, but such beliefs aren't necessarily set in stone and I think about it often).

What strikes me though is the question of "Who came up with this mythology" and why, because there's some well-versed truth to it (even if it's warped, as if African and Native American tribes were an objectively better standard of living than Western Europe - you wonder why all these Marxists just don't move there if life is idyllic there).

The Hebrew name for God is "El" in the Old Testament (it's where "Allah" comes from), and while the Jewish God in the fully coherent, developed, systematized form we recognize it as (there was wide variation of the names "El" and "YHWH" before that, as with a lot of Levantine myths and names, it's not implausible this El-Yahweh isn't much older or existed as a god among the other gods)  doesn't emerge until the Late Bronze Age, but we do have older coherent myths from the Phoenician / Levantine area that identifies "El" as the sky father of the gods, the equivalent of the Greek Uranus.

To me, the fact that Marxists were well versed in cultural religion, mythology, and anthropology to draw this connection makes me raise an eyebrow to it purely being an ad-hoc mythology they just made up. And the question is why would they be so interested in this religion, mythology, and anthropology?

I really question who the enemy really is to know these connections, and what there goals are.

How can someone know cultural religion, mythology, and anthropology so well but have such a naive view of human anthropology, that somehow Amazonians and Africans have a more idealistic life than the West did?

Are they not aware of the horrific human sacrifice practices that some Levantines engaged in? It seems that the Punics / Carthaginians originated from Phoenicia, and we have tons of documented evidence of them engaging in human sacrifice in North Africa.

We have these masks, which it seems like parents wore when they offered their first borns to Baal Hammon, to hide their tears and show their true joy lied in the worship of their god, as to not ruin the occassion and devotion to that god.

So why are they pushing such an autistic narrative, unless it truly is maliciousness?

james03

Quotebut we do have older coherent myths from the Phoenician / Levantine area that identifies "El" as the sky father of the gods, the equivalent of the Greek Uranus.

The rather simplistic ancient cultures recognized that there was a God from common sense.  The Greek philosophers then expanded on this kernel of truth, though by starting with reality as it is, and then working backwards to the Necessary Being.  Only "sophisticated" midwits are capable of blocking common sense.

Quotewhich is why I tend to wave back and forth on the JQ
If you study the history of the real holocaust, which was a series of retribution killings, and find the actual motivation, you realize that the jews were sick bastards when they got total control.  The picture of the lynched naked priest with a broom stick shoved up his arse in Lithuania, with the grinning jewish "partisans" standing around is what opened my eyes.  And people wonder why the Lithuanians went total ape $h!t when they were liberated by the Germans.  Malice is the driver of the jewish bolshevik.

QuoteIt seems that the Punics / Carthaginians originated from Phoenicia, and we have tons of documented evidence of them engaging in human sacrifice in North Africa.

And the Hebrews.  They sacrificed their children to Moloch, which is why they got wiped out, except a remnant.  Child sacrifice by the Hebrews is recorded in multiple places in the Bible. 

QuoteI really question who the enemy really is to know these connections, and what there goals are.

Yeah, the Nazis had some bizarre religious practices.  And Marx was devoted to the devil:

QuoteKarl Marx, the Father of Communism, once wrote, "Heaven I've forfeited, I know it full well. My soul, once true to God, is chosen for Hell."

That points to a pact.  There's a chance a demon narrated the Communist Manifesto and Marx was just a scribe.  Marxism is very tricky and lures in many people with it's promise of utopia.  As I wrote previously, you can work on what you are "passionate" about, and still get a check.  So lazy leftists sign on to the program.  Pretty clever, and diabolical.

james03

Looks like there was a book written which is germane to the topic.  I might have to read it myself:

https://tanbooks.com/products/books/the-devil-and-karl-marx-communisms-long-march-of-death-deception-and-infiltration/

Edit (seems related to the OP):

QuoteKengor shows that the problem of Marxism is not really about economic or political concerns, but the eternal problem of spiritual warfare and good versus evil. It is dangerous, and intellectually dishonest, to separate the many evils of communism from the demonic inspiration of Karl Marx. Many have attempted to excuse the countless deaths caused by Marx's theories, but Kengor demonstrates that this is exactly the reason we need to condemn Marx.  In this book, Kengor will give you the tools to understand Marx's evil ideology and see the diabolical side of his writing. He will explain how Marx's fascination with the Devil caused a great evil that echoes even into the modern age.

Aethel

Quote from: james03 on May 01, 2024, 08:10:59 AMLooks like there was a book written which is germane to the topic.  I might have to read it myself:

https://tanbooks.com/products/books/the-devil-and-karl-marx-communisms-long-march-of-death-deception-and-infiltration/

QuoteKengor shows that the problem of Marxism is not really about economic or political concerns, but the eternal problem of spiritual warfare and good versus evil. It is dangerous, and intellectually dishonest, to separate the many evils of communism from the demonic inspiration of Karl Marx. Many have attempted to excuse the countless deaths caused by Marx's theories, but Kengor demonstrates that this is exactly the reason we need to condemn Marx.  In this book, Kengor will give you the tools to understand Marx's evil ideology and see the diabolical side of his writing. He will explain how Marx's fascination with the Devil caused a great evil that echoes even into the modern age.

I'll check it out, thanks!

Aethel

Quote from: james03 on May 01, 2024, 08:10:59 AMLooks like there was a book written which is germane to the topic.  I might have to read it myself:

The one thing for sure that I think is worth mentioning is also the relationship between Hegel and Marxist modes of thinking - thesis, antithesis, and synthesis.

Spinoza influenced Marx, and Spinoza took inspiration from Kabbalistic and Pantheistic forms of thinking. I wonder if Marx, or in turn, future Jewish /  Marxist thinkers, were influenced by that in trying to decode and understand Marxism.

I have no empirical data whatsoever, but the appropriation of Abrahamic mythology to fit this pantheistic world of opposites, with Sky Father God the Father and Earth Mother Gaia, would make sense.