Recent posts

So now, Ganswein is the puppet master behind it all.

I'll just leave you to it. This theory all rests behind the fantasy of Ratzinger as an "arch-conservative," or even traditionalist.

As even Bishop Fellay said of Ratzinger:

QuoteAnd now, we have a perfectly liberal Pope, my very dear brothers. As he goes to this country [the United States] which is founded upon Masonic principles, that is, of a revolution, of a rebellion against God. And, well, he expressed his admiration, his fascination before this country which has decided to grant liberty to all religions. He goes so far as to condemn the confessional State. And he is called traditional! And this is true, this is true: he is perfectly liberal, perfectly contradictory. He has some good sides, the sides which we hail, for which we rejoice, such as what he has done for the Traditional liturgy.

What a mystery, my very dear brothers, what a mystery!

Original in French:

Et maintenant, nous avons un Pape, mes bien chers frères, parfaitement libéral. Lorsqu'il va dans ce pays qui est fondé sur les principes maçonniques, c'est à dire d'une révolution, d'une rébellion contre Dieu. Eh bien il exprime son admiration, sa  fascination devant ce pays qui a décidé de donner la liberté à toutes les religions. Il va même jusqu'à condamner l'état confessionnel ! Et on le dit traditionnel ! Et c'est vrai, c'est vrai. Il est parfaitement libéral, parfaitement partagé. Il y a des bons côtés, des bons côtés que nous saluons, dont nous nous réjouissons, comme ce qu'il fait pour la liturgie traditionnelle.

Quel mystère mes bien chers frères, quel mystère !

If this is what you need to help you cope, oh well. I feel like I am speaking to a Siri Thesis adherent. Might as well be. It reduces Catholicism to the whims of a grand conspiracy theory to save a conservative modernist, and prop him up as a hero. Save the Council, save JP2, if only our poor German shepherd had not been forced out!

I feel like I've been transported to 2007 and everyone is fawning over this man and his motu proprio.
Quote from: Bonaventure on Today at 01:24:45 PMI could buy into it and buy into you buying into it, in say 2015, but Ratzinger has been dead for how long now?

I don't see how that makes any difference. They no longer have their hostage to hide behind the way I see it.   

Quote from: Bonaventure on Today at 01:24:45 PMThere are photos of Ganswein shaking Bergoglio's hand, and smiling.

I know. I know about Gänswein.

In order to pull something like this off, someone needs to be very close to Pope Benedict XVI to keep him in line and not say or do anything that could undermine or embarrass Bergoglio. You could never pull anything like this off without someone precisely in the position and influence over Pope Benedict XVI that Gänswein was in.     

Quote from: Bonaventure on Today at 01:24:45 PMThe spiritual son of Ratzinger has no problem accepting Bergoglio, and says he is one with him in the Canon of the Mass, as he enters the most sacred part of the Sacrifice of Calvary before Almighty God and the entire world, but I am supposed to toss that all aside in favor of your musings?

Quote from: Pope Celestine V - Wikipedia excerptsRealizing his lack of authority and personal incompatibility with papal duties, he consulted with Cardinal Benedetto Caetani (his eventual successor Boniface VIII) about the possibility of resignation. This resulted in one final decree declaring the right of resignation. He promptly exercised this right, resigning on 13 December 1294, after five months and eight days as pope...

Having divested himself of every outward symbol of papal dignity, he slipped away from Naples and attempted to retire to his old life of solitude...

The former Celestine, now reverted to Pietro Angelerio, was not allowed to become a hermit once again. Various parties had opposed his resignation and the new Pope Boniface VIII had reason to worry that one of them might install him as an antipope. To prevent this he ordered Pietro to accompany him to Rome. Pietro escaped and hid in the woods before attempting to return to Sulmona to resume monastic life. This proved impossible, and Pietro was captured after an attempt to flee to Dalmatia was thwarted when a tempest forced his ship to return to port. Boniface imprisoned him in the castle of Fumone near Ferentino in Lazio, attended by two monks of his order, where Pietro died after 10 months at about the age of 81.

Do you really believe Pope Benedict XVI was totally ignorant of Pope Celestine V and what happened to him? Pope Benedict XVI did not try to return to his previous life or name or titles and Gänswein was always there to keep close tabs on him. 

"Our Lady of Victory, Ark of the New Covenant, Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate, Pray for us."

God Bless
General News and Discussion / Re: Simping for Eva
Last post by Heinrich - Today at 06:45:52 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on Today at 09:21:44 AM
Quote from: Greg on April 30, 2024, 11:30:19 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 28, 2024, 08:06:55 PMShe's been on the right-wing commentary sphere since 2019.

She married yet and started making babies? 

:shrug:

She is married.  No babies yet, but can't judge her for that. She seems the type to want babies.  I can see her punditing 8 months pregnant.  In fact it adds to her 'great replacement' brand she spoke about at CPAC.
Quote from: james03 on Today at 07:26:40 AMThe most counter-revolutionary thing you can do is have a lot of babies.

Is she Catholic?

I suppose we'd have to give her the benefit of the doubt if so, especially if Trad.

We have been married 8 years and only have 1 child, and that took us 6 years of trying. Had a miscarriage early on.

I wanted to have 9 kids. My wife has 9 siblings, my dad had 10.

When I frequented certain trad parishes, others spread rumors about us as to why we didn't have kids yet.

That was very hurtful to my wife.

My pal and his wife are late 30s with three. They've tried. He reports having gotten the ,,trad eye" with only three. That's seriously uncharitable.
Here is a quote from St. Augustine of Hippo, considered a saint in the Orthodox Church
QuoteAugustine

"t must be confessed that the Father and the Son are the principle of the Holy Spirit, not two principles, but just as the Father and the Son are one God . . . relative to the Holy Spirit, they are one principle" (The Trinity 5:14:15 [A.D. 408]).

"[The one] from whom principally the Holy Spirit proceeds is called God the Father. I have added the term 'principally' because the Holy Spirit is found to proceed also from the Son" (ibid., 15:17:29).

"Why, then, should we not believe that the Holy Spirit proceeds also from the Son, when he is the Spirit also of the Son? For if the Holy Spirit did not proceed from him, when he showed himself to his disciples after his resurrection he would not have breathed upon them, saying, 'Receive the Holy Spirit' [John 20:22]. For what else did he signify by that breathing upon them except that the Holy Spirit proceeds also from him" (Homilies on John 99:8 [A.D. 416]).
There is no way to interpret this where one would have St. Augustine teaching that the Holy Ghost only proceeds from the Father and not from the Father and the Son.
E.W.
On the "sola scriptura" quotes from the Fathers; yes, I have seen many of those, and of course the Protestants take the quotes from the Fathers on the authority of S.S. As being equivalent to their novel idea of "Scriptura w.o. Church authority".
The Protestants take their erroneous theological principle and try to mine the Fathers for quotes that may support their position; which can easily be proved false.
But this has no relationship with the "Filioque" controversy; the two positions are mutually exclusive and incompatible; either the Holy Ghost proceeds from both the Father and the Son as from one principle or He only proceeds from the Father and not the Son. Both the Catholics and the Orthodox have affirmed their respective position as the true one and anathematized the contrary one. For both sides it is a matter of faith and heresy. The truth or falsehood of both Catholicism or Orthodoxy rests on the truth or falsehood of one or the other of the positions. If a Church or a group of churches (Orthodoxy) can teach a major falsehood about the nature of God, then it cannot be the true Church.
Any attempt to attenuate the doctrine in the name of a perceived charity, is very misguided. 
Quote from: Bonaventure on April 30, 2024, 01:39:41 PMWhenever necessity requires it or true spiritual advantage suggests it, and provided that the danger of error or of indifferentism is avoided, the Christian faithful for whom it is physically or morally impossible to approach a Catholic minister are permitted to receive the sacraments of penance, Eucharist, and anointing of the sick from non-Catholic ministers in whose Churches these sacraments are valid" (canon 844 §2).
This is pure Conciliar church double-speak. The reception of any sacrament except that of Penance (in danger of death) from a non-Catholic minister is strictly prohibited; this is not mere ecclesiastical law but divine law. The very permission of allowing Catholics to receive Holy Communion from non-Catholic ministers, engenders of itself "indiferentism" i.e. The belief that one religion is more or less good as another.
Recently we just celebrated the feastday of St. Hermenegild, the Visigoth prince who converted from Arianism to Catholicism. His father gave him an ultimatum: either receive communion from the hands of an Arian bishop or be executed; St. Hermenegild chose martyrdom. What a reproach for our modern Churchmen who openly advocated "communication in sacris" at Vatican II; have encouraged it ever since then, and inscribed the principle into the 1983 Code of Canon Law. No wonder so many Catholics do not practice the faith and or have abandoned the faith for other religions since the Council.
According to YouTube, and a quick google search, he already underwent baptism in the Thames.
Seems he is going to do it

Frankly, the BennyVacante stuff I find even more ridiculous than the Siri Thesis.

I could buy into it and buy into you buying into it, in say 2015, but Ratzinger has been dead for how long now?

His MC, Monsignor Marini, received consecration from Bergoglio himself.

There are photos of Ganswein shaking Bergoglio's hand, and smiling.

In this video, at 55:32 to be precise, Archbishop Ganswein himself names Bergoglio, "una cum fámulo tuo Papa nostro Francesco."

The spiritual son of Ratzinger has no problem accepting Bergoglio, and says he is one with him in the Canon of the Mass, as he enters the most sacred part of the Sacrifice of Calvary before Almighty God and the entire world, but I am supposed to toss that all aside in favor of your musings?

As Benedict XIV said:

QuoteIt suffices Us to be able to state that a commemoration of the supreme pontiff and prayers offered for [the pope] during the sacrifice of the Mass is considered, and really is, an affirmative indication which recognizes him as the head of the Church, the vicar of Christ, and the successor of blessed Peter

Quote from: james03 on Today at 08:10:59 AMLooks like there was a book written which is germane to the topic.  I might have to read it myself:

https://tanbooks.com/products/books/the-devil-and-karl-marx-communisms-long-march-of-death-deception-and-infiltration/

Edit (seems related to the OP):

QuoteKengor shows that the problem of Marxism is not really about economic or political concerns, but the eternal problem of spiritual warfare and good versus evil. It is dangerous, and intellectually dishonest, to separate the many evils of communism from the demonic inspiration of Karl Marx. Many have attempted to excuse the countless deaths caused by Marx's theories, but Kengor demonstrates that this is exactly the reason we need to condemn Marx.  In this book, Kengor will give you the tools to understand Marx's evil ideology and see the diabolical side of his writing. He will explain how Marx's fascination with the Devil caused a great evil that echoes even into the modern age.

The one thing for sure that I think is worth mentioning is also the relationship between Hegel and Marxist modes of thinking - thesis, antithesis, and synthesis.

Spinoza influenced Marx, and Spinoza took inspiration from Kabbalistic and Pantheistic forms of thinking. I wonder if Marx, or in turn, future Jewish /  Marxist thinkers, were influenced by that in trying to decode and understand Marxism.

I have no empirical data whatsoever, but the appropriation of Abrahamic mythology to fit this pantheistic world of opposites, with Sky Father God the Father and Earth Mother Gaia, would make sense.