most relaxing games

Started by Chestertonian, May 12, 2018, 10:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

I'm looking for some games to play to relax distract myself

I'm thinking puzzles word games, if it's aesthetically pleasing that's even better.. I loved monument valley but played that a lot

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Gardener

I still have words with friends installed if you have that. PM me for my username on there.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

OCLittleFlower

Yonder is like an open world RPG with farming etc -- think Breath of the Wild's open world, with the graphics we all wish Maple Story had, but no combat.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Carleendiane

I spy with my little eye.  :)  8)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Non Nobis

There is monument valley 2.  But maybe you knew that.

I'm more impulsive about loading apps onto my kindle than I am about playing games, but I did download monument valley after reading your post and looking into it. I have only a handful of games, all rarely played, but this one sounds beautiful.

One result from google (as if you couldn't do that...):

https://creativemarket.com/blog/video-games-as-art-10-visually-stunning-video-games
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Gardener

Ches, still waiting on your PM w/ WWF username. :D
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Stu Cool

Gardener

Quote from: Stu Cool on May 19, 2018, 05:50:11 AM
Quote from: Gardener on May 15, 2018, 07:51:01 AM
Ches, still waiting on your PM w/ WWF username. :D

WWF 2?

I suppose it is. At least it's not WWE.

Serviam

Solitaire. I'm hooked on Solitaire. Trick is not to just clear the stack but to do so in the fewest of possible moves, that way you have a relaxing game (there are no machine guns or jump scares in solitaire, at least not the version I play on my phone) but then at the same time enough brain engagement, plotting out which cards to move and which cards not to, so you don't feel like you are just shutting off your brain, drooling as you move cards from point a to point b.

I'd go with Solitaire, with that goal in mind. Try to beat my record, 93 moves!

Uh, other relaxing puzzle games, this one is pretty good http://www.coolmath-games.com/0-bloxorz
With fear and trembling work out your salvation.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Serviam on May 19, 2018, 10:48:21 AM
Solitaire. I'm hooked on Solitaire. Trick is not to just clear the stack but to do so in the fewest of possible moves, that way you have a relaxing game (there are no machine guns or jump scares in solitaire, at least not the version I play on my phone) but then at the same time enough brain engagement, plotting out which cards to move and which cards not to, so you don't feel like you are just shutting off your brain, drooling as you move cards from point a to point b.

I'd go with Solitaire, with that goal in mind. Try to beat my record, 93 moves!

Uh, other relaxing puzzle games, this one is pretty good http://www.coolmath-games.com/0-bloxorz

My favorite is spider solitaire.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Daniel

If you enjoy computer programming then codefights.com is a fun site. You used to be able to challenge other players one-on-one, but I think they removed that feature :( But it still has plenty of single-player challenges, and tournaments too.

I also liked the Professor Layton series for the Nintendo DS/3DS. If you're not familiar with that, it's basically a ton of puzzle mini-games, and then the main game has got aesthetics and an interesting story (sort of a mystery/drama). I don't know how many Professor Layton games have been released at this point... I played the first 4 or 5 of them but haven't played any of the newer ones.

Lynne

It's difficult to find games that aren't monetized now, almost requiring you to spend money to advance a level after you've been playing it for a while, but there is a Mah Jong game which is not monetized. I have that on my iPad. I'll find the developer/company name tonight.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Matto

This may not be helpful to you because the game is very old and obsolete. But the most relaxing game I used to play was Harvest Moon for the SNES. You can play it on computers now if you have an emulator. The point of the game is running a farm, planting vegetables and taking care of cows and chickens. It was very relaxing to watch the vegetables grow and feed the chickens. Then you go to town and try to get one of the local village girls to marry you. When I played the game I married the girl with pink hair. It was very relaxing. I also thought Animal Crossing was very relaxing as well. But my knowledge of games is very out of date because I haven't played many games in many years.
I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

John Lamb

Final Fantasy IX.
Relaxing atmosphere and setting, not too difficult, charming plot/characters.
It's available on multiple platforms now.
"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul

Serviam

Oh and Chess. But for me it's only relaxing if I'm playing against the computer. I'm a sore loser.

But if you do play Ches, then I challenge you to a game!
With fear and trembling work out your salvation.