Campaign Thread

Started by Heinrich, September 30, 2020, 09:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matto

Quote from: Sin of Adam on October 17, 2020, 01:48:34 PMCommitting what is evil to ward off a greater evil is not an acceptable compromise in Traditional Catholic Moral Theology.

Both candidates are corrupt and immoral to the bone.

Edit: The principle of double effect does not seem to apply in this case.
I don't know what to say about running a state and morality. If one knows anything about history, one knows that sometimes it is necessary to throw people out of helicopters to keep the King's peace. The state has the authority of the sword and has the right to use it. And if the state does not use the sword, the devil's men will and overthrow the state and turn the country into a shithole.
I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

drummerboy

https://www.wsaw.com/video/2020/10/18/recall-evers-petition-nearing-deadline/

Slightly off-topic, but this is the first bit on the news I've heard of the Evers recall effort.  I find it hard to believe we won't get the necessary signatures, Evers is already started putting out ads touting his "leadership" during the "covid crisis," so he's obviously sh$#*ing bricks, if it comes to an election he is finished.  With all this I will be shocked if WI goes to Biden.  And all this with no help whatsoever from the Republican party (although Trump did give Duffy, who along with form Lt. Gov Kleefisch, would be the likely ticket, a reference to what a great governor he would make when visiting Central WI), they just sit on the sidelines, a true grassroots effort.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Greg

OK, now I am starting to worry.  Huge turnout at Biden counterprotest. 8)

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

mikemac

Quote from: Greg on October 20, 2020, 05:23:34 PM
OK, now I am starting to worry.  Huge turnout at Biden rally. 8)

Yeah, Trump supporters.   ;D
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Greg

Trump campaigned in California

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

drummerboy

Quote from: Greg on October 21, 2020, 04:32:58 AM
Trump campaigned in California

I've heard, based on a poll, so this is highly arguable, but with the mass exodus from NYC, NY state could be up for grabs as well.

drummerboy

Can any of the Trump election win doubters please tell me why they expect Trump to loose?  I myself am cautiously optimistic he will win, while having full faith in the stupidity of the masses to deliver a Biden win.  However, all the indications point to this being a repeat of 2016, although more in Trump's favor in 2020.  A few weeks ago I was expecting a Trump defeat, but the more I read and hear, even the Democrats seem to be expecting a crushing defeat.  The only thing Biden has in his favor is the media, the establishment, and the usual Dem states, which is nothing to be sneezed at in any election, but it didn't do Hillary any good. 

Greg

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=350524406214941

This is the Trump version of the 60 mins interview.  Released unedited.

christulsa

Quote from: drummerboy on October 22, 2020, 10:23:01 AM
Can any of the Trump election win doubters please tell me why they expect Trump to loose?  I myself am cautiously optimistic he will win, while having full faith in the stupidity of the masses to deliver a Biden win.  However, all the indications point to this being a repeat of 2016, although more in Trump's favor in 2020. 

1. RealClearPolitics' polls, and the most independent polls, seem to point to a probable loss. For what they are worth.

2. This country is worse spiritually/morally/culturally despite Trump's 2016 election.  Conservatives are stronger, but the mainstream has slid deeper into the abyss.   We don't deserve a second miracle, imo, maybe God thinks we do.  My sense is we can expect more chastisement in light of the "pandemic"/economic crisis, and a Trump loss fits that.

3. I pray this is wrong of course, but what evidence is there that Trump will probably win??  Besides wishful thinking. 

4.  The only factor I can think in favor of Trump is those Trump supporters in the "silent majority" who refused to participate in the polls, who will still vote for Trump, especially in the swing states to win the electoral college.

Greg

Biden is clearly taking bribes from China and you have the testimony of several people against him.  This will blow wide open before the election.  Then this weekend we see the child perversion. Come election day far fewer will vote for creepy sleazy Joe.

Greg

Watch this.  This is the man on the debate tonight.

Sin of Adam

Both candidates are filth.
Lumen ad revelationem gentium: et gloriam plebes tuae Israel.

dellery

So? Trump is gonna be gone in four years and has worked more with us than anybody else in decades. I didn't support him at first, still not sure if he's completely trustworthy, but it'd be stupid to not vote for him after seeing his 1st term.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Sin of Adam

Quote from: dellery on October 22, 2020, 07:24:31 PM
So? Trump is gonna be gone in four years and has worked more with us than anybody else in decades. I didn't support him at first, still not sure if he's completely trustworthy, but it'd be stupid to not vote for him after seeing his 1st term.

I would be a fool to not see that Trump is better than Biden for Catholics, but morally speaking, I cannot vote for or endorse either. Moloch vs Mammon
Lumen ad revelationem gentium: et gloriam plebes tuae Israel.

Graham

Sleepy Joe is getting drubbed in this debate. His brain is melting on live tv.