Doctor K on Mass obligation

Started by drummerboy, March 26, 2024, 08:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerboy

https://www.padreperegrino.org/2024/03/irreverent/

Since the question occasionally arises here of our obligation (or not) of attending irreverent Masses, I posted the link for an article by Fr. David Nix on the subject.  He uses Dr. Kwasnieski as his authority, and for a refreshing change, quotes pre-Counciliar moral theologians who discuss any and all valid reasons the obligation would cease to bind.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bonaventure

Another authority is Prummer:

QuoteAny cause which is moderately grave excuses from the precept- namely, any reason which involves some notable inconvenience or harm to mind or body either of oneself or of another
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bernadette

Thank you, Drummerboy, that was most reassuring.
My Lord and my God.

drummerboy

Quote from: Bernadette on March 26, 2024, 09:12:44 AMThank you, Drummerboy, that was most reassuring.

Not a problem  ;)
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace