When Praying for a Cause for Sainthood

Started by Josephine87, December 13, 2018, 04:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephine87

I have a prayer card for someone whose cause is being promoted for sainthood.  On the prayer card, there is a part to insert your own intentions.  Should you choose a specific intention that can be "easily" determined?  For instance, someone's conversion might be too long and messy of a process to consider caused by this potential saint.  Should you choose something more like "heal this specific injury/disease"?  I'm just curious.  I'm a convert so I don't know much about these things.
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

Gardener

I would *think* it would be something verifiable and, moreover, unexplained by both natural things (e.g., medicine) or normative operations of grace which could or could not be faked (e.g., conversions).

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

james.rogerson

You should feel free to do either. The intercession of saints, blesseds, venerables, servants of God is efficacious for all sorts of things. But in terms of miracles required for the progress of the cause, generally medical miracles are used as it's easier to be clear about these.