Things have changed a bit...

Started by ImperialGuardsman, May 26, 2019, 12:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImperialGuardsman

Well, I can't remember where we left off, but here it goes!

I visited the FSSP seminary a number of times, and even applied.  They said "no," at least at the time.  I really wasn't in a good spot at the time either way.

After leaving my position as the Director of Religious Education at my NO parish, I eventually got into banking and that has been going fine.

I started driving every Sunday over the mountain to an SSPX parish and happened to meet a lovely lady there, so not single any more!

I do feel like my theology is getting rusty, so here I am.  I'll admit I liked the Te Deum forum when it was around.  Not sure why it is gone, or when it died.

I'm sure no one remembers me though!  ;D
"One would be straying from the straight path were he to wish the altar restored to its primitive tableform; were he to want black excluded as a color for the liturgical vestments; were he to forbid the use of sacred images and statues in Churches...and lastly were he to disdain and reject polyphonic music or singing in parts, even where it conforms to regulations issued by the Holy See." - Ven. Pope Pius XII

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--  (Stolen from EcceQuamBonum's signature)

America, that great bastion of the Enlightenment, is the destroyer of all religions.--LouisIX

ImperialGuardsman

Oh, and have any threads been started talking about the recent accusation of heresy?
"One would be straying from the straight path were he to wish the altar restored to its primitive tableform; were he to want black excluded as a color for the liturgical vestments; were he to forbid the use of sacred images and statues in Churches...and lastly were he to disdain and reject polyphonic music or singing in parts, even where it conforms to regulations issued by the Holy See." - Ven. Pope Pius XII

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--  (Stolen from EcceQuamBonum's signature)

America, that great bastion of the Enlightenment, is the destroyer of all religions.--LouisIX

Michael Wilson

Quote from: ImperialGuardsman on May 26, 2019, 12:18:10 AM
Oh, and have any threads been started talking about the recent accusation of heresy?
The man says so many heresies, that we have started a betting pool to see which of our members will be the first to catch him saying something Catholic! (No winners so far).
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Lynne

Quote from: ImperialGuardsman on May 26, 2019, 12:06:37 AM
Well, I can't remember where we left off, but here it goes!

I visited the FSSP seminary a number of times, and even applied.  They said "no," at least at the time.  I really wasn't in a good spot at the time either way.

After leaving my position as the Director of Religious Education at my NO parish, I eventually got into banking and that has been going fine.

I started driving every Sunday over the mountain to an SSPX parish and happened to meet a lovely lady there, so not single any more!

I do feel like my theology is getting rusty, so here I am.  I'll admit I liked the Te Deum forum when it was around.  Not sure why it is gone, or when it died.

I'm sure no one remembers me though!  ;D

Congratulations!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Tales

Oh Michael Wilson  ;D

Google news says today Pope Francis says that abortion is never acceptable.  How much money is in that betting pool?   :cheeseheadbeer:

Welcome back, even though I do not know you.  Glad to hear you are courting a nice lady.  Hopefully marriage is around the bend and many babies thereafter.

ImperialGuardsman

Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 26, 2019, 04:57:14 AM
The man says so many heresies, that we have started a betting pool to see which of our members will be the first to catch him saying something Catholic! (No winners so far).

I was referring to the recent letter signed by a number of theologians.  One of many attempts to get clarity.

ImperialGuardsman

Quote from: Davis Blank - EG on May 26, 2019, 10:03:49 PM
Oh Michael Wilson  ;D

Google news says today Pope Francis says that abortion is never acceptable.  How much money is in that betting pool?   :cheeseheadbeer:

Welcome back, even though I do not know you.  Glad to hear you are courting a nice lady.  Hopefully marriage is around the bend and many babies thereafter.

She is a real winner, I'll say that!

Michael Wilson

Quote from: ImperialGuardsman on May 26, 2019, 10:49:58 PM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 26, 2019, 04:57:14 AM

I was referring to the recent letter signed by a number of theologians.  One of many attempts to get clarity.
I understood your reference; I was trying (and failing) to be humorous. But how much more clarity do we need at this point? Does Francis have to make a formal announcement that he is not a Catholic? That he is the Anti-Christ or somebody like him? His destruction of Catholic morality in the matter of Holy Matrimony and the 6th & 9th Commandments is almost as bad as his predecessors destruction of Catholic doctrine and the Sacraments.

But if you are waiting for a general reaction from the Cardinals, bishops etc. There doesn't seem to be anything of that going on; with a few weak exceptions.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers