TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

Starting today: 201 episodes of The X-Files in 201 days to prep for Season X.

Also, Suits, Wayward Pines, The Astronaut Wives Club.

Kaesekopf

How is astronautwives club?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

piabee

Kaesekopf

Quote from: piabee on July 07, 2015, 08:13:03 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 07, 2015, 07:31:39 PM

Mindless.

I was really hoping you'd say "Awesome and astronauts are so cool."

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

piabee

Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 07, 2015, 08:15:08 PM
Quote from: piabee on July 07, 2015, 08:13:03 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 07, 2015, 07:31:39 PM

Mindless.

I was really hoping you'd say "Awesome and astronauts are so cool."

That's what X-Files is for.

Kaesekopf

Truth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

piabee

Jacob

I've been watching this season of The Last Ship.  After the end of last season, the shine kind of wore off, but I've gotten over my disappointment that the show wasn't trying to be serious and am back to liking it.

I really need to watch The X-Files start to finish.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

piabee

Quote from: Jacob on July 08, 2015, 11:50:50 AM
I really need to watch The X-Files start to finish.

Start now! Day two of 201 days. This episode and the pilot are in the list of ten essential eps according to Chris Carter here.

Kaesekopf

That is a whole lot of X Files in one 7 month period.  :lol:

aquinas138

Watched the Daredevil series on Netflix. I enjoyed it quite a bit; it's pretty violent, but less bad language than I would have thought. The superhero element is a little down-played, as Matt Murdock gets it handed to him regularly. Vincent D'Onofrio is great as Wilson Fisk.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: aquinas138 on July 08, 2015, 01:11:38 PM
Watched the Daredevil series on Netflix. I enjoyed it quite a bit; it's pretty violent, but less bad language than I would have thought. The superhero element is a little down-played, as Matt Murdock gets it handed to him regularly. Vincent D'Onofrio is great as Wilson Fisk.

I had to fight the urge to binge watch that show soooo hard. 

It is very violent, yes, but I could mostly deal with that (well, except the third episode and then that Russian incident). 

I think Murdock getting whooped adds to the character. 

But, someone made a funny point on Reddit recently about the show (about how he tends to his wounds a lot and stuff) that I enjoy:
That's part of the point of his character, especially in this version.  Its [sic] all about suffering for him, he's a proper Catholic.

I really enjoy the pretty fair treatment the Church gets, and his Catholicness gets. 

piabee

Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 08, 2015, 01:03:29 PM

Lim and I crammed almost the whole series into one summer the first time we watched. And that was before Netflix, so you have to factor in the time it takes to change a DVD.

Jacob

Quote from: piabee on July 08, 2015, 01:01:34 PM
Start now! Day two of 201 days. This episode and the pilot are in the list of ten essential eps according to Chris Carter here.
Nah.  I seen me plenty of X-Files back in the day already. :)
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Kaesekopf

Quote from: piabee on July 08, 2015, 01:34:28 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 08, 2015, 01:03:29 PM

Lim and I crammed almost the whole series into one summer the first time we watched. And that was before Netflix, so you have to factor in the time it takes to change a DVD.

TIL how much Piabee loves the XFiles