TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zork

Quote from: piabee on May 14, 2015, 08:29:37 PM
I like Jamie Bell but my TV list is too long as it is. And the commercials always look so boring...

Yeah, I know how that is. I only watch 1 half-hour program most days, so it's hard for me to add new shows to my 'to-watch' list.

Anyway, here is an update:

Actively watching:
Twlight Zone - Season 3
AHP - Season 4
Mad Men - Season 7
Random episode of MST3K if I have 90 minutes to spare

Started, but now backburner'd:
The Following - Season 3
Psych - Season 7

Future List:
Thriller - Season 1 and 2
AHP - Season 5
Twilight Zone - Seasons 4 and 5
Walking Dead - Seasons 4 and 5
Continuum - Season 4
Psych - Season 8
Revenge - Season 4
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

zork

Quote from: Pon de Replay on May 11, 2015, 01:36:59 PM
Quote from: zork on May 11, 2015, 11:43:40 AM
Mad Men - season 7

Same here.  These last two seasons have been middling at best, but I'm still going to miss it.  A mediocre season of Mad Men is still good TV.  And its brilliant early seasons will stand as some of the best television ever made. 

^This, though I disagree about the last 2 seasons; I thought they were great.

I'm going to miss it too. The only currently-running show I'm watching (but behind on) after Mad Men ends on Sunday will be The Walking Dead.

Anastasia

I watched season 1 of Turn and liked it at first, but towards the end it got soapy. I really don't have much interest or sympathy for the adulterous couple.
Daredevil, the Netflix series, was terrific and I can't wait for the next season.
Arrow was pretty lame this season, though I'd enjoyed the previous two. At this point, Starling City should just announce an automatic evacuation every May to avoid their annual terrorist attack.
People talk vaguely about the innocence of a little child, but they take mighty good care not to let it out of their sight for twenty minutes.-Saki.
"Meanwhile, Fate was quietly slipping lead into the boxing glove. "
— P.G. Wodehouse

Revixit

Quote from: Baldrick on May 12, 2015, 08:02:16 AM
I've been watching Wolf Hall on Amazon Prime.  It's woefully inaccurate history; but it is superbly done drama.  I feel guilty liking it so much. lol.

We've been watching Wolf Hall on PBS and, while I liked the novel  better, isn't that [almost] always the case?   We thought they did a good job compressing all the events that transpired in the novel into the series of six one-hour episodes and that the actor portraying Thomas Cromwell was very good.  Of course the dialogue was not exactly authentic for the period and who knows exactly what Henry VIII said to Cromwell about Anne Boleyn, or anything else, but why do you think it was "woefully inaccurate history"?

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have Mercy On Us

piabee

Was supposed to be the Grimm finale but I couldn't get a clear signal. DON'T TELL ME WHO DIED. Might check out Wayward Pines in a bit.

Quote from: Anastasia on May 15, 2015, 07:38:56 PM
At this point, Starling City should just announce an automatic evacuation every May to avoid their annual terrorist attack.

Hahahaha

Bernadette

BBC's Ground Force. Love that show!  ;D
My Lord and my God.

Arun

Quote from: piabee on May 15, 2015, 10:26:24 PM
Was supposed to be the Grimm finale but I couldn't get a clear signal. DON'T TELL ME WHO DIED. Might check out Wayward Pines in a bit.

Quote from: Anastasia on May 15, 2015, 07:38:56 PM
At this point, Starling City should just announce an automatic evacuation every May to avoid their annual terrorist attack.

Hahahaha

is Wayward {Pines the one that's kind of like Twin Peaks was?

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

zork

Quote from: Arun on June 05, 2015, 02:43:09 AM
Quote from: piabee on May 15, 2015, 10:26:24 PM

is Wayward {Pines the one that's kind of like Twin Peaks was?

Yes, or at least seems to be from the promos I saw.

piabee

I've only seen the first few episodes of Twin Peaks. I've heard Wayward Pines described as Truman Show meets The Prisoner. The characters are not all as quirky and secretive as TP because everyone is stuck in the town, so most of them sympathize with the agent. Next week is the big reveal episode so we'll see!

piabee

Flipping from X Games to the A's game at my sister's place. I want cable. Jealous.

...and they just referred to one of the players as The Green Monster. How apropos.

zork

Psych - Season 7
Golden Years - 1991 mini-series by Stephen King
Beyond the Veil - "lost" 1958 anthology hosted by Boris Karloff; a proto-Thriller, which would premiere in Fall 1960.

LoneWolfRadTrad

A few new shows on SyFy and AMC, hmm...

Arun

watched the leaked s02e01 episode of Rick and Morty today... awesome as always. looking forward to the actual season kicking off. most adult swim is total shite but Rick and Morty always entertained me.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

LoneWolfRadTrad

Mr. Robot.  Pretty entertaining, if not a bit full of despair.

zork

Psych - Season 7
Z Nation
Between
Beyond the Veil