TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

I am watching Burn Notice.  I like the main character and premise. It reminds me of Macgyver in some ways.  Unfortunately, it is set in Miami and has a lot of women in bikinis and otherwise immodestly dressed, so I do not recommend it for anyone who would have a problem with this.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

red solo cup

Southcliffe with Sean Harris who played Micheletto in the forgettable Borgias. And Shirley Henderson who was marvelous.
About a mass murder in a small English town. How peoples lives were shattered. Very real. Grim and depressing. Some of the scenes
were hard to watch.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Jayne on August 17, 2014, 06:46:15 AM
I am watching Burn Notice.  I like the main character and premise. It reminds me of Macgyver in some ways.  Unfortunately, it is set in Miami and has a lot of women in bikinis and otherwise immodestly dressed, so I do not recommend it for anyone who would have a problem with this.

It's so fun.

The ending is pretty legit too.  (Like, the series).  One of the few well-done endings of a show.

And, cmon.  Bruce Campbell!
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Heinrich

Has Hell on Wheels ever been mentioned? Mrs. H and I are wrapping up season 3 on Netflix. Fine show.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Chestertonian

i have been addicted to top gear lately. 

Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 17, 2014, 12:47:22 PM

It's so fun.

The ending is pretty legit too.  (Like, the series).  One of the few well-done endings of a show.

you had me at bruce campbell, i will have to chec k it out

wonder.... if you could accurately portray something taking place in miami without women in bikinis... i mean, if you had all the women wearing those burquini uber modest ladies suits would it be accurate?

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

zork

Currently watching:

Alfred Hitchcock Presents - season 2
Psych - season 5
Continuum - season 3
Twin Peaks - season 1
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Daniel

I just watched the finals of the 2014 Pokémon World Championships video game tournament on Twitch.

edit - Oh, it's not over yet...

Jayne

It's so fun.

I don't always like Bruce Campbell, but I like him in this.

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Jayne

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 17, 2014, 01:11:06 PM
i have been addicted to top gear lately. 

It's so fun.

you had me at bruce campbell, i will have to chec k it out

wonder.... if you could accurately portray something taking place in miami without women in bikinis... i mean, if you had all the women wearing those burquini uber modest ladies suits would it be accurate?

Every episode, they do establishing shots that don't have anything to do with the plot, panning over women in bikinis.  These could be left out.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Stu Cool

Lynne

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 17, 2014, 03:08:13 PM
Quote from: Lynne on August 17, 2014, 02:27:59 PM
Watching the Yankees!  8)

Aren't you from Massachusetts?

My husband is from Jersey. He flipped me...  :D
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Lynne