Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead

Started by tmw89, February 02, 2014, 04:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 03, 2014, 11:33:58 PM
Quote from: Sockpuppet on February 03, 2014, 11:21:30 PM
Also, there can be some intriguing scenarios appear with celebrity deaths. Chris Farley died of an overdose after a night of cavorting with a prostitute. When his dead body was found, his hand was clutching a rosary.

I question how a guy who was found dead from a drug overdose and had spent the previous night with a hooker (and apparently couldn't...  aherm, get it up) had and acquired rosary beads before he died.  (Also, Internet claims his brother wrote about it in his book).

He was Catholic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Farley#Early_life

Hopefully he was begging Our Lady for help, and God willing, is in Purgatory due to her intercession and giving of grace so he might make an act of perfect contrition.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Gardener on February 04, 2014, 12:12:15 AM
Also, there can be some intriguing scenarios appear with celebrity deaths. Chris Farley died of an overdose after a night of cavorting with a prostitute. When his dead body was found, his hand was clutching a rosary.

I question how a guy who was found dead from a drug overdose and had spent the previous night with a hooker (and apparently couldn't...  aherm, get it up) had and acquired rosary beads before he died.  (Also, Internet claims his brother wrote about it in his book).

He was Catholic.

Hopefully he was begging Our Lady for help, and God willing, is in Purgatory due to her intercession and giving of grace so he might make an act of perfect contrition.

Hopefully indeed.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

MilesChristi

Quote from: Gardener on February 04, 2014, 12:12:15 AM

He was Catholic.

Last words were "Please don't leave me." Absolutely devastating
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.