Help with keyboard

Started by red solo cup, August 16, 2020, 05:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

The Mrs. spilled a half cup of tea on her keyboard last night. She shut it off immediately. What's the best way to proceed?
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Daniel

You mean computer keyboard, right?

I'd just wait for it to dry out, then plug it back in and see what happens. Maybe there's no problem.

Kaesekopf

Once it's all dried, it should be OK?
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

paul14

Is it an external (desktop) keyboard or a laptop keyboard?  If it is an external keyboard and it it broken just replace it; they are cheap as chips.

red solo cup

I opened it up. It has a least one membrane maybe two so everything was fine. It running great.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Daniel

edit - Ninja'd

Quote from: paul14 on August 17, 2020, 04:02:58 AM
Is it an external (desktop) keyboard or a laptop keyboard?

Yeah, re-reading his post I'm thinking it was a laptop. That's an entirely different can of worms. Ideally you'd probably want to open it up and dry it with a towel ASAP, so that nothing corrodes. But I think it's too late for that at this point. I'd just make sure it's completely dry and then try powering it up.

Quote from: paul14 on August 17, 2020, 04:02:58 AM
they are cheap as chips.

Depends on the keyboard and what you consider "cheap". The one I use (this one) cost me around $50 I think, which I don't consider cheap. The keyboard is very nice though. But some keyboards can get to be over a hundred.

I do also have a cheap wireless keyboard which was maybe $5 or so, and it's actually not bad, though it feels cheap (plastic is very lightweight) and a few of the keys do get jammed at times.

paul14