I want a higher post count.

Started by Penelope, December 29, 2012, 04:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penelope

Well, I haven't posted one of these yet and I want to up my post count, so, here we are.

What brings you to SD? Displeasure with other trad fora and sympathy with Kaesekopf and others afforded me an invitation to be on the planning committee of this forum. 

Are you a member of other Internet fora? If so, care to mention which one(s)? Technically I'm still a member at Fish Eaters, but I haven't been an active poster there in well over a year.

Why did you choose your username and avatar? Penelope comes from an old family story about my birth; my avatar is St. Charles Borromeo because I want to develop a stronger devotion to this great saint. His feast day is my birthday; the seminary named for him (which I imagine was once a great place for the formation of priests) is located in the Archdiocese in which I grew up; he is the patron saint of those with digestive disorders, which I have, so I pray to him regularly; and he was instrumental in the continuation of the Council of Trent and oversaw many of the documents that came from said Council. Great saint.

What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning? Single, but only when it comes to taxes. I'll be married this coming August.

Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!) Delaware.

Personality type? Grumpy.

Favorite books? James Agee's Let Us Now Praise Famous Men, Betty Smith's A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

Favorite movies? I don't watch many movies.

Favorite TV shows? I also don't watch nearly as much television as I used to, but when I do, I like The Big Bang Theory.

Favorite sports/teams? I don't follow sports particularly closely, but when asked to choose, I'll always choose the Philly teams, no matter how terrible they are in any given season.

Have any hobbies? Crafts!

Pet peeves: There are so, so many. I don't want to try to list them all. It'll put me in a bad mood.

Fun random fact about yourself: My favorite cartoon as a child was Tom and Jerry.

Vetus Ordo

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Penelope

Ben

lol

QuoteTechnically I'm still a member at Fish Eaters, but I haven't been an active poster there in well over a year.

Have you tried signing in to make sure?

Penelope

Yes. I'm always signed in. I still browse there every now and then, but I know so few people there any more and the community has changed so much that I don't feel the desire to contribute.