Language Resource Jackpot!

Started by Bernadette, April 12, 2017, 05:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

Learnoutloud has provided these language learning programs for FREE! German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and way more. 62 programs in all (many being different levels of a particular language). Enjoy!

http://www.learnoutloud.com/publisher_retailer.php#Penton-Overseas
My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

Page Not Found

Sorry. The Web Page You're Trying to Access Could Not Be Loaded. Please Click Back and Try Loading the Page Again.
:(

Correction: I found it manually.  ;)
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Bernadette

Also, I've rediscovered Duolingo. So much fun!  ;D They're planning to roll out a Japanese course in May. :) Currently I'm studying Spanish and French, but might branch out into Russian and German at some point.
My Lord and my God.

ludimagister

Quote from: Bernadette on April 18, 2017, 01:29:22 PM
Also, I've rediscovered Duolingo. So much fun!  ;D They're planning to roll out a Japanese course in May. :) Currently I'm studying Spanish and French, but might branch out into Russian and German at some point.

Yes, Duolingo is good because the target setting gives you a competitive incentive.

Can you study two languages on the same app (at different times obviously)? I haven't worked out how.

Heinrich

Bernadette, what languages, other than English, do you speak fluently? What is your degree?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bernadette

Quote from: Heinrich on April 21, 2017, 02:47:33 PM
Bernadette, what languages, other than English, do you speak fluently? What is your degree?

I've studied Spanish, French, and Italian to a level of being comfortable with them, but they're rusty. I studied classical Latin and Greek (simultaneously) in college, but they're both so rusty that they're practically useless. Now my current obsession is Japanese, but I know that Spanish will be more practically useful, so I'm trying to resurrect it. There was Esperanto, in my teens, but I got over that quickly.  ::) :P

I've never been tested for proficiency in any of these, so I don't know how I'd hold up IRL.  :shrug: I never completed a degree; I was just getting ready to declare a major (English) when life intervened.
My Lord and my God.