Happy Feast Day!

Started by Bernadette, February 11, 2016, 07:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Kaesekopf

I was able to make it to an (outdoor) grotto in honor of the feast day today, where I prayed for y'all. 

Photo attached.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Chestertonian

Wow that is a really beautiful groyyo
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Chestertonian on February 11, 2016, 08:00:33 PM

Yeah.  It's at the Sisters of Providence Motherhouse on the campus of St Mary-of-the-Woods.  They're all raving liberal heretics now, but the Catholic facade remains...  :/

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Chestertonian

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 11, 2016, 08:13:36 PM

Yeah.  It's at the Sisters of Providence Motherhouse on the campus of St Mary-of-the-Woods.  They're all raving liberal heretics now, but the Catholic facade remains...  :/
Ah I did a summer internship with the oblate sisters if providence at one ofyhut schools

is that the same
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Chestertonian on February 11, 2016, 08:18:16 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 11, 2016, 08:13:36 PM

Ah I did a summer internship with the oblate sisters if providence at one ofyhut schools

is that the same

Luckily, no.  The Sisters of Providence are different from the Oblate SoP.

dymphna17

Happy feast day 3 hours and 36 minutes late.  You all were with me all day, I just didn't get on here about it in time.   :-[  Thank you for the thread Bernadette!   :pray3:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Rose

Totally missed this one, sorry everyone... I prayed the novena faithfully but with being ill I completely forgot about the shrine visit.
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Chestertonian

Quote from: Rose on February 12, 2016, 06:49:44 AM
Totally missed this one, sorry everyone... I prayed the novena faithfully but with being ill I completely forgot about the shrine visit.
you can create a mini shrine in an Altoids tin

that's what my wife did for me one year wasn't our lady of lourdes but you could do one

Kaesekopf

How would you do that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Kaesekopf

You can always pray in front of the Blessed Sacrament come sunday and fulfill the "obligation" ;)

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on February 12, 2016, 07:36:24 AM

that's what my wife did for me one year wasn't our lady of lourdes but you could do one

Clever! "Pocket shrines" used to be really popular, back in the day:

https://www.google.com/search?q=antique+pocket+shrines&newwindow=1&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiq0-XP1vLKAhXGdh4KHZdsBM0Q_AUICCgC&biw=1003&bih=461
My Lord and my God.

Jayne

There is an Our Lady of Lourdes parish not far from me.  I think this statue is meant to represent a grotto, but we are supposed to imagine most of it.

I spent some time praying by the statue and I went to the Mass at the church. 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Kaesekopf

Nice :) 

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Chestertonian on February 12, 2016, 07:36:24 AM

My two older girls each made one of these as a craft with their Little Flowers group.  One of my favorite crafts they have ever made. They each keep theirs on the shelf attached to their bed frame. You could even store a small Rosary in it. Mine keep saint medal in theirs.