Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

Tried to watch The Keep. Only made it through twenty minutes or so. Just awful. Then watched The Gambler with Mark Wahlberg. Better than nothing.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

misericonfit

Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens. I will need to watch it again to understand it, because its relation to the first 6 films is not too clear.   
Receive, O Lord, all my liberty. Take my memory, my understanding, and my entire will. Whatsoever I have or possess Thou hast bestowed upon me; to Thee I give it all back and surrender it wholly to be governed by Thy Will. Give me love for Thee alone, with Thy grace, and I am rich enough and ask for nothing more.

- St Ignatius Loyola.

Hiero of Syracuse

How so? They're sequels. A new chapter in the saga.

Anyway, the last film I saw in theatres was the Force Awakens. Though the last film I watched was Beckett.

misericonfit

Quote from: Hiero of Syracuse on January 05, 2016, 06:40:54 PM
How so? They're sequels. A new chapter in the saga.

## True, but as 40 years or so pass between the end of 6 & the beginning of 7, the relation of the events that begin 7 to the events that close 6 is not clear. I *assume* that the Thrawn Trilogy would fill in some of the gap - but those are books, not films; and might not be canon. Reading the SW wikia, though interesting, has complicated things. At least SW 8 & 9, if ever they are made, should explain things.
Receive, O Lord, all my liberty. Take my memory, my understanding, and my entire will. Whatsoever I have or possess Thou hast bestowed upon me; to Thee I give it all back and surrender it wholly to be governed by Thy Will. Give me love for Thee alone, with Thy grace, and I am rich enough and ask for nothing more.

- St Ignatius Loyola.

Hiero of Syracuse

I believe that the old expanded universe (now dubbed "Legends") has now been made non-canonical. They are only part of the Star Wars canon insofar as they agree with the new material coming out.

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

red solo cup

Elite Squad: Enemy Within starring Wagner Moura, the guy who played Pablo Escobar in Narcos. Surprisingly watchable.

Heinrich

Quote from: red solo cup on January 07, 2016, 09:51:14 AM
Elite Squad: Enemy Within starring Wagner Moura, the guy who played Pablo Escobar in Narcos. Surprisingly watchable.

Great movie. Stupid title.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Sagradocorazon

The Passion of Joan of Arc.It is a silent film from 1928 and is such an amazing and moving film. It has quickly become my favorite movie of all time! And it's also the only movie that i've watched over and over again and still haven't gotten tired of it.
Jesus, Mary I love You, save souls

red solo cup

Anchorman 2: The Legend continues. I usually don't care for Will Farrell but this was funny. I actually laughed out loud.

Hiero of Syracuse

Quote from: Sagradocorazon on January 08, 2016, 12:34:43 AM
The Passion of Joan of Arc.It is a silent film from 1928 and is such an amazing and moving film. It has quickly become my favorite movie of all time! And it's also the only movie that i've watched over and over again and still haven't gotten tired of it.

An amazing film!

I've also been rewatching a large number of classic Catholic movies. I'm hoping to start Quo Vadis fairly soon. I've already seen the 1948(?) film about Joan, and I've watched "A Man of All Seasons," and Beckett (and I highly recommend that those who have not seen them do so; and those who have, to see them again).

dymphna17

The Aviator - the life story of Howard Hughes, released in 2004.  Leonardo DiCaprio played Mr Hughes.  I just don't care for Leonardo DiCaprio's acting and showing Mr Hughes as having bright blue eyes, when they were actually brown, was a little off putting.   From what I remember of the 1977 movie The Amazing Howard Hughes, I prefer Tommy Lee Jones playing Howard Hughes.   His life story really is quite interesting.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Elizabeth

Just watched Nanny McFee for the first time, and cried the whole way through.  It was so beautiful.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: red solo cup on January 10, 2016, 11:11:56 AM
Anchorman 2: The Legend continues. I usually don't care for Will Farrell but this was funny. I actually laughed out loud.

Cats are the chickens of the railyard
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."