Anti Jewish litmus test for "true" Catholicism

Started by Greg, September 10, 2018, 02:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

This made me laugh.  Discovered at the other place.

When discerning whether to jump to sedevacantism, one has to get one's priorities straight.   ;D

"One thing I've noticed about sedevacantists is that they don't appear to less Judaized than other traditional Catholic groups. One of the striking signs I'd think one would find among the true remnant of Catholics would be a pronounced anti-Jewishness that sets them apart".
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Ches and Jayne.  You think these morons wouldn't be pushing you into the showers in 1944, think again.

These are just the sort of useful idiots that the SS hired to do the job.  Quote any old saint of your choosing at them and that is about as deep as they will think it through.

People who think the earth is flat or the sun orbits around it can be convinced of ANYTHING that fits their myopic view.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Jayne

Quote from: Greg on September 10, 2018, 02:52:08 AM
Ches and Jayne.  You think these morons wouldn't be pushing you into the showers in 1944, think again.

These are just the sort of useful idiots that the SS hired to do the job.  Quote any old saint of your choosing at them and that is about as deep as they will think it through.

People who think the earth is flat or the sun orbits around it can be convinced of ANYTHING that fits their myopic view.

Doesn't your great skill at reading people tell you that Ches takes this nonsense seriously and is distressed by it?  Don't you think he suffers enough without you bringing such things to his attention?

I, on the other hand, dismiss it as an aberration which is not at all typical of traditional Catholics.  The poster you quoted in the OP has such distinct and unusual views that I knew precisely who had written it, even though you had not identified him.  The vast majority of members here, and even on Cathinfo, see me as their sister in Christ and would pose no danger to me whatsoever.  You quoted a single individual, so obsessed with Jews and Judaism that he keeps a file on me to keep track of my "incriminating" posts.  I would be very surprised if there is anyone else like this.

You habitually focus on the kooky, the stupid and the perverted.  You consistently post on such topics and treat them as the norm rather than exceptions.  The bad stuff among Catholics does not represent Catholicism.  But it sure is convenient for you to act as if it does.  It is your excuse for rejecting any authority over you, leaving you free to dismiss the dogmas and moral teachings of the Church whenever it pleases you.  It allows you to position yourself as an isolated sane person surrounded by craziness. It lets you see yourself as a good person merely for going to Mass, being married and having children.

We should have our eyes on Christ, not be looking for people to feel superior to.  When we have the right focus, we understand that we are unworthy.  There is no reason to look down on anyone.

Since I am a convert, I am very aware, almost envious, of your advantages as a cradle Catholic.  You have a formation that makes some virtues second nature to you while I have to struggle with practically everything.  But I have one gift as a convert.  I don't take being Catholic for granted.  It feels like a miracle to me.  I am filled with gratitude and awe.

I can't stand the way you talk about traditional Catholics and the way you treat the Church. I can't take it any more. Pon predicted that I would reach my limit some day.  Nevertheless, I have the same objections that I always have to his preferred solution of a perma-ban poll.

So here is my deal for you:  However many posts you make in a day is my posting limit for the following day.  You have complete control over how often I post to this forum.  Given that you have said that you can take or leave this forum (and even written a post announcing that you quit) and given all the things that you have written about me, you should stop posting.  You would be giving up something that is no sacrifice in order to remove someone you consider a blot on the forum.

From now on, every post you make is a statement that I am not really so bad after all.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Jayne

And Heinrich, this is the perfect thread for you to make little digs at me, so you don't have to keep sticking them in threads where they are irrelevant and off-topic.

Greg

Quote from: Jayne on September 10, 2018, 11:05:35 AM

So here is my deal for you:  However many posts you make in a day is my posting limit for the following day.  You have complete control over how often I post to this forum.  Given that you have said that you can take or leave this forum (and even written a post announcing that you quit) and given all the things that you have written about me, you should stop posting.  You would be giving up something that is no sacrifice in order to remove someone you consider a blot on the forum.

I agree to your terms without reservation.

Assuming Jayne is good for her word forum members the last should ever hear from her is Wednesday 12th September.  It's my parting gift to you all.

Make tomorrow's posts count Jayne, if you intend to keep to your promise.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

"I've put this off for far too long."

I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell."

"Goodbye."

Jayne

I see that Greg has taken the Tolkein reference.  That leaves the Star Trek clip for me:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GHoW_x86eU[/yt]

Heinrich

Well, this is clearly a lose-lose surprise. One, we lose Greg. Two, Jayne I do not believe will not keep her "word".
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

clau clau

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

PerEvangelicaDicta

Yes, it is lose-lose.

Objectively speaking, Jayne is a staunch defender of the Faith, regardless of personal feelings about her (fwiw, I have great respect and affection for her, but I care for you too Heinrich.) 

And as entertaining as Greg can be, he is not, and has recently been rampaging throughout countless threads. His anger is perfectly understandable - we all share it - but he uses it in a scandalous manner.  He still believes that Christ is present Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity in the Host, and I cling to that in my prayers for him, but he encourages the atheists and <some> schismatics that are treating SD Catholics with contempt, cooperating in the promotion of their errors.  Fwiw, the forum rules state "Error has no rights."  The forum is not permitted to be used to undermine the Faith, but I think that only applied when there was moderation. That seems to be out the window for some reason.

So on this particular forum for traditional Catholics, we lose big time with this bet - Jayne's excellent solid Catholic commentary and Greg, our brother in Baptism, slipping into apostacy.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

christulsa

Edit:. By the way, my great-grandfather was gased at Auschwitz for being racially half Jewish (he was Lutheran) and protesting Hitler in the streets in defense of the Jews. True.

Wow, Christulsa.  Your great-grandfather died at Auschwitz?!  My sympathies. 

::)

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Greg on September 10, 2018, 02:47:48 AM
"One thing I've noticed about sedevacantists is that they don't appear to be less Judaized than other traditional Catholic groups. One of the striking signs I'd think one would find among the true remnant of Catholics would be a pronounced anti-Jewishness that sets them apart".

There's nothing wrong with that quote.

At least, on a historical level. Anti-Jewish sentiment has been an integral part of Christianity, East and West.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Chestertonian

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on September 10, 2018, 02:49:02 PM
Yes, it is lose-lose.

Objectively speaking, Jayne is a staunch defender of the Faith, regardless of personal feelings about her (fwiw, I have great respect and affection for her, but I care for you too Heinrich.) 

And as entertaining as Greg can be, he is not, and has recently been rampaging throughout countless threads. His anger is perfectly understandable - we all share it - but he uses it in a scandalous manner.  He still believes that Christ is present Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity in the Host, and I cling to that in my prayers for him, but he encourages the atheists and <some> schismatics that are treating SD Catholics with contempt, cooperating in the promotion of their errors.  Fwiw, the forum rules state "Error has no rights."  The forum is not permitted to be used to undermine the Faith, but I think that only applied when there was moderation. That seems to be out the window for some reason.

So on this particular forum for traditional Catholics, we lose big time with this bet - Jayne's excellent solid Catholic commentary and Greg, our brother in Baptism, slipping into apostacy.

The Jews are at fault for this.  Somehow.
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Jayne

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 10, 2018, 03:42:34 PM
Quote from: unnamed Cathinfo poster
"One thing I've noticed about sedevacantists is that they don't appear to be less Judaized than other traditional Catholic groups. One of the striking signs I'd think one would find among the true remnant of Catholics would be a pronounced anti-Jewishness that sets them apart".

There's nothing wrong with that quote.

At least, on a historical level. Anti-Jewish sentiment has been an integral part of Christianity, East and West.

The words, in themselves, are reasonable enough.  Any problems come from the context and poster history.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 10, 2018, 03:59:12 PM
Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on September 10, 2018, 02:49:02 PM
Yes, it is lose-lose.

The Jews are at fault for this.  Somehow.
:lol:

Optatus

We're not exactly living through the converso crisis. If a Jew converts to the Faith today, what have they to gain from it apart from Christ Himself? Why shouldn't they be treated as a sincere converts worthy of warm welcome?