I am who I am, says gay priest in property row with his former lover

Started by Habitual_Ritual, October 18, 2014, 03:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habitual_Ritual

QuoteIt was, perhaps, one of the most bizarre property disputes in a country with more than its fair share of such legal arguments; a Catholic priest suing his former Franciscan friar lover for the rights to a cottage.

For Fr Gabriel Rosbotham, who stands to lose everything including his position as a curate in the Church, it was a legal action about which he had no regrets.

Yesterday a judge ruled that he was entitled to a 27pc share of Rose Cottage, a renovated bungalow with a conservatory in the foothills of Donegal's Bluestack Mountains.

His former lover, ex-Franciscan Hugo Crawford, had shared the house with Fr Gabriel on and off between 1994 and 2002.

But he was no longer willing to give him a financial share of it; and opposed this through a 10-year legal battle in the courts.

"I am pleased with the result," said Fr Gabriel as he left the court.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/i-am-who-i-am-says-gay-priest-in-property-row-with-his-former-lover-30673480.html
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Pheo

I can't even imagine what needs to happen in order to cleanse the Church of all this crap.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Habitual_Ritual

" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Prayerful

Fr Gay seems certain enough of a supportive bishop. It's probably immensely silly to expect even a token upholding of the priestly office.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.