Illuminations Treasures Of The Middle Ages BBC

Started by Neopelagianus, May 28, 2015, 04:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neopelagianus

Indeed, the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators: they are traditionalists. - Saint Pius X

I am a ?????

"Not to oppose error is to approve it, and not to defend truth is to suppress it, and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them."
-Pope St. Felix III

"I would rather be a street-sweep rather than be a head of your schismatic church" (Prefiero ser lampazero a ser la cabeza de su jerarquia cismatica)

- Bishop Jorge Imperial Barlin, first native Filipino bishop  to Gregorio Aglipay after the latter offered the him to be the "bishop" of his "church".

PolishCrusader

Quote from: Neopelagianus on May 28, 2015, 04:20:01 PM

Could this actually be a BBC documentary about the Middle Ages that isn't just secularist leftist propaganda?
"Have the courage to face a difficulty lest it kick you harder than you bargain for."

-King Stanislaus of Poland

"Even if my own father were a heretic, I would gather the wood to burn him"

-Cardinal Carafa

Neopelagianus

Quote from: PolishCrusader on May 28, 2015, 11:03:59 PM
Quote from: Neopelagianus on May 28, 2015, 04:20:01 PM

Could this actually be a BBC documentary about the Middle Ages that isn't just secularist leftist propaganda?

I did not see anything leftist here except perhaps when they referred to Rowan Williams as "archbishop".

N.
Indeed, the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators: they are traditionalists. - Saint Pius X

I am a ?????

"Not to oppose error is to approve it, and not to defend truth is to suppress it, and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them."
-Pope St. Felix III

"I would rather be a street-sweep rather than be a head of your schismatic church" (Prefiero ser lampazero a ser la cabeza de su jerarquia cismatica)

- Bishop Jorge Imperial Barlin, first native Filipino bishop  to Gregorio Aglipay after the latter offered the him to be the "bishop" of his "church".

PolishCrusader

That's good that they actually kept it objective for once. They have some really bad ones, though. Their documentary about the Crusades is a huge example of this.
"Have the courage to face a difficulty lest it kick you harder than you bargain for."

-King Stanislaus of Poland

"Even if my own father were a heretic, I would gather the wood to burn him"

-Cardinal Carafa

Neopelagianus

Quote from: PolishCrusader on May 29, 2015, 01:35:19 AM
That's good that they actually kept it objective for once. They have some really bad ones, though. Their documentary about the Crusades is a huge example of this.

Another Documentary from the BBC to avoid. Thanks for sounding the alarm :toth:

Although they really do make some good documentaries, like the one about Pugin.

N.

I am a ?????

-Pope St. Felix III

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Neopelagianus on May 29, 2015, 03:33:44 AM
Although they really do make some good documentaries, like the one about Pugin.

N.

That was the documentary to end all documentaries.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WevOim4F3dk[/yt]