New film on Fr. Patrick Peyton opening today

Started by FamilyRosary, October 09, 2020, 02:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FamilyRosary

https://www.praythefilm.com/?fbclid=IwAR2A6XsHqZsjan8CrkBgXVU9juU32_tbq1JHfbjvJUnlSkfG0LTFZLTkKhQ

I won't be able to see it in the theater but hopefully it will be streamed soon or available on YouTube.

I have been intrigued by Fr. Peyton since I was young. I have several books about and by him, including an autographed copy of "All for Her", and the brief biopic offered by his order the Congregation of the Holy Cross and narrated by Loretta Young. Older Latin Americans still remember his Rosary Crusades there, and many of his techniques, such as holding huge outdoor rallies with Catholic-themed films and motivational speakers, sending laypersons door-to-door and signing pledge cards to pray the Rosary together, have been imitated by the evangelical movements who took Latin America by storm after the bishops lost interest in Fr. Peyton and his message of family prayer and the Rosary.

The family that prays together stays together.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Maximilian

It's showing at the theater nearest to me! That's a pleasant surprise.