Started by Frank, April 02, 2024, 10:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

Greg

Let's see what happens.

Hard to guess what they might do and what NATOs next crazy move will be.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

james03

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Greg on April 03, 2024, 02:32:05 AMLet's see what happens.

Hard to guess what they might do and what NATOs next crazy move will be.

Maria (aka Mommy) stated today that the French Foreign Legion, in conjunction with the Romanians, will enter southwest Ukraine this month

My immediate reaction is, if true, there is no country in the world that is afraid of attacking another country, in the chance that Romania might defend that country.

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

drummerboy

I wonder if the Legion will be able to sustain the casualties they should expect
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on April 03, 2024, 09:18:25 AMI wonder if the Legion will be able to sustain the casualties they should expect

There's 9000 of em. They're very good, tough as nails, but that means F all when a FAB-1500 is landing on your head

- MaximGun

james03

The US Army could also join in.  Probably will give Russia a pause for concern:

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: james03 on April 03, 2024, 10:46:52 AMThe US Army could also join in.  Probably will give Russia a pause for concern:

Russians trembling in their boots

- MaximGun

Greg

I can never think of the French Foreign Legion without thinking of Laurel and Hardy.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

drummerboy

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 03, 2024, 09:41:42 AM
Quote from: drummerboy on April 03, 2024, 09:18:25 AMI wonder if the Legion will be able to sustain the casualties they should expect

There's 9000 of em. They're very good, tough as nails, but that means F all when a FAB-1500 is landing on your head

Oh I don't doubt their abilities, but they're not a force you waste by throwing into a meatgrinder either.  They'll have to have assignments picked to avoid this.  I doubt most legionnaires have experience in the type of war going on in Ukraine either, in contrast to alot of counter-terrorist/insurgent operations.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

clau clau

Quote from: Greg on April 03, 2024, 07:46:58 PMI can never think of the French Foreign Legion without thinking of Laurel and Hardy.

This oasis must meet the situation with determination.
Every man must play his part.

-- https://transcripts.thedealr.net/script.php/sons-of-the-desert-1933-6On

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gi3ggH1s-sM
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)