Only One Online

Started by TerrorDæmonum, January 12, 2022, 12:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

I've said that this forum is quite slow compared to historical forum usage, and there are many times I am the only member logged in. It is very lonely. I am not, obviously, aware of how often other people are the only one online, as I am not online during those times and wouldn't see it.

I actually make posts and threads during this kind of time sometimes. It is amazing that people have complained I post too much. I should have complained other people don't post enough. This is a forum!

Anyway, this is the "Only One Online Game".

My online status is hidden, so I know it is me:

1 User (1 Hidden)

People seem to have collectively forgotten what forum games were and why posts do not count here. But this is it, and this is the loneliest game, from a lonely forum user. Only post here if you are the only one logged in according to the forum stats at the bottom of the index page.

(This would have been quite tricky in the olden days.)

TerrorDæmonum

I'm again the only one online on at this time. I am going to log off soon, but the forum is very peaceful like this.

TerrorDæmonum

I log into a literal echo chamber.

Stanley

Prayerful

I never both logging in or out. Probably forgotten the password. I just close the tab.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

TerrorDæmonum

This is a forum game, and the rule is that one must be the Only One Online at the time of posting. It is not a discussion thread. Respect the rule of the game. This is The Gaming Corner.

The forum software tracks online users by activity, not sessions.

Stanley

You know what happens when you "assume".

TerrorDæmonum

What was assumed? I was referring to the post that was made when the forum had more than one person on it. Did you assume I was referencing another post that was posted earlier?

Bernadette

Wow, I'm the only one online right now. Never thought I'd see this happen.
My Lord and my God.

TerrorDæmonum

It happens multiple times a day most days. The forum is quite peaceful when one is alone (at least, when I am alone).

TerrorDæmonum

And here is a daytime example. There were people active shortly before this and they'll likely return, but the low level of activity results in lulls quite frequently.

EDIT: Screenshot added after posting, such that this post is the "Latest Post" in the screenshot.

Jayne

I can't do screen shots but I am the only one online.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Bernadette

It happened again! Only me!
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

TerrorDæmonum

It happens quite frequently if one is attentive.

The question is: does the forum exist if nobody is on it?

(The answer is: no.)