January 19th

Started by christulsa, January 09, 2021, 11:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

1.  Let's assume that Trump was going to use the Insurrection Act.  The latest he would do it was on Jan. 5.  He would have stopped the certification, exposed the fraud (which I freely admit was widespread), and thrown the election to the House, which votes by State.  The House would have voted him President and he'd be legally, irreversibly the President for the next 4 years.  In the meantime he'd take down the Deep State and get reforms.

That didn't happen.  The electors got certified.  Biden is now President elect.  If Biden doesn't swear in, Harris becomes President.  If you arrest her, Pelosi becomes President.  But in no case does Trump remain the legal President.  So why wait an extra 2 weeks and lose the legitimacy?   You wouldn't which means Trump is not going to act.

2.  Legitimacy in an uprising.  The only time any reader here should take part in an armed uprising is if a Governor declares secession.  Or if Trump invoked the insurrection act and deputized millions of private militia.  To do this because of a retired General is fool hardy.  What is the strategy?  Suppose you march on DC and occupy the capitol.  Then what?  Who will support you?  If Trump asked us to have an armed march against DC, I'd do it.  But not some retired General.  Absolutely don't get involved.  You can't fight against armored cars, drones, helicopters, and mortar teams, let alone Javelin missiles.  Until Trump tells you to act, sit tight.  And don't be surprised if Biden gets sworn in.  Sometimes you have to take the L.  It's possible some Governors will rebel when the left goes too far too quick.  Have hope in that.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

GiftOfGod

Quote from: james03 on January 10, 2021, 04:43:01 PM
You can't fight against armored cars, drones, helicopters, and mortar teams, let alone Javelin missiles.
Yes, you can. The Vietcong, Taliban, and Chechens are proof. Even the Indians to a certain extent. The Indians who held-out and continued waging warfare got peace treaties and reservations out of the US Government. If Christopher Dorner could make every cop in a 500 miles radius p*ss their pants in fear, then imagine times 1000; a Christopher Dorner in every county. But Americans feel that they have too much to lose to risk their lives in that fashion.

Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

james03

Non sequitur.

I'm not arguing about resisting a police state.  That is very possible.  I'm arguing against concentrating your forces and showing up in DC to storm the capitol.  In that case you are very much exposed to APC's and all the rest.  And you will lose big time.

Look up "context", as in

QuoteIf Trump asked us to have an armed march against DC, I'd do it.  But not some retired General.  Absolutely don't get involved.  You can't fight against armored cars, drones, helicopters, and mortar teams, let alone Javelin missiles.
Your aren't very bright.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

christulsa

FBI if you're listening, I'm not advocating for an armed march on DC.   :)

diaduit

Quote from: christulsa on January 10, 2021, 06:51:42 PM
FBI if you're listening, I'm not advocating for an armed march on DC.   :)

I finish my phonecalls to my awakened friends with 'I love the Government and they can stick 20 vaccines in my eyeballs' and we end the phonecall on a laugh.  Its good to laugh.

I'm by no means military but Goggy has a point about the tanks and jets.  However they will have the vaccinated people who continue to be restricted and have no freedoms doing the boots on the ground type of work.  Propaganda can turn your teacher friend or stay at home mother neighbour against you very quickly.  Over Christmas not one of my neighbours called to me and I have reached out to them.