Auto Mechanics Recreate Renaissance Paintings

Started by Fleur-de-Lys, June 22, 2019, 12:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleur-de-Lys

Auto Mechanics Recreate Renaissance Paintings

https://www.sadanduseless.com/renaissance-recreations/

Photographer Freddy Fabris had always wanted to pay homage to the Renaissance masters with his photos in some way, but he wasn't sure how until he stumbled upon an auto-mechanic shop in the Midwest. This led to a brilliant series of funny portraits with auto mechanics.

Michael Wilson

The first one is irreverent; the rest are very good.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Vetus Ordo

No, the first one is the best.

It's this one:

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 22, 2019, 08:05:18 PM

It's this one:

Yes, I couldn't get that one to show up for some reason. Thank you, Vetus.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on June 22, 2019, 08:28:03 PM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 22, 2019, 08:05:18 PM

It's this one:

Yes, I couldn't get that one to show up for some reason. Thank you, Vetus.

:toth:
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Sempronius

Very nice, the lightning and the poses makes it look like from another era.

Michael Wilson

They're nice pictures, but the last one is also a bit irreverent.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers