Picture file posting puzzle

Started by misericonfit, January 20, 2016, 02:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misericonfit

When trying to post pictures or videos on SD, I notice that the preview of tbe intended post never shows any of the code for picture or the video. All that is visible is the accompanying text, as in a words-only post. Can someone please spare a moment to say what I'm doing wrong ? Thank you :)
Receive, O Lord, all my liberty. Take my memory, my understanding, and my entire will. Whatsoever I have or possess Thou hast bestowed upon me; to Thee I give it all back and surrender it wholly to be governed by Thy Will. Give me love for Thee alone, with Thy grace, and I am rich enough and ask for nothing more.

- St Ignatius Loyola.

Lynne

I find at while I am at work, many times I cannot see photos posted here on SD or on certain blogs. Are you trying to do this at work or at home?

Which browser (and version) are you using? PC or Mac?
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: misericonfit on January 20, 2016, 02:28:34 PM
When trying to post pictures or videos on SD, I notice that the preview of tbe intended post never shows any of the code for picture or the video. All that is visible is the accompanying text, as in a words-only post. Can someone please spare a moment to say what I'm doing wrong ? Thank you :)

PM sent.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

misericonfit

Quote from: Lynne on January 20, 2016, 04:09:39 PM
I find at while I am at work, many times I cannot see photos posted here on SD or on certain blogs. Are you trying to do this at work or at home?

Which browser (and version) are you using? PC or Mac?
At home, on my Ipad, mainly - I haven't tried on my laptop. I find that when on Facebook attachments sometimes don't show up - not being terribly computer-savvy, I don't know why. I am writing this on my Ipad.
Receive, O Lord, all my liberty. Take my memory, my understanding, and my entire will. Whatsoever I have or possess Thou hast bestowed upon me; to Thee I give it all back and surrender it wholly to be governed by Thy Will. Give me love for Thee alone, with Thy grace, and I am rich enough and ask for nothing more.

- St Ignatius Loyola.