? Changing behavior

Started by angelcookie, July 24, 2014, 03:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

I have a restless m i get provigil to stay awake. Otherwise I'll sleep all day.. Bit I rarely get more than am hour or so of sleep at a time
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

The Curt Jester

Quote from: angelcookie on July 24, 2014, 03:32:13 PM
How would one attempt to switch from being a night person to a morning person? Thanks!

You get a job that requires getting up early in the morning.  Thanks to that method I have succeeded in usually getting to sleep about two hours than I did before, though I'd still classify myself as a night owl (12 AM instead of 2 AM!).  Necessity and all that.   Optimally your new job should be seven days a week to prevent you from going back to old habits on weekends.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Basilios

Sometimes I wish I were more of a night person. No matter what, by 10pm I am falling asleep. It's okay for weekdays but come weekends it means I get up as usual at like 6am. Sometimes you just want to sleep in.
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: The Curt Jester on July 25, 2014, 09:55:03 PM
How would one attempt to switch from being a night person to a morning person? Thanks!

You get a job that requires getting up early in the morning.  Thanks to that method I have succeeded in usually getting to sleep about two hours than I did before, though I'd still classify myself as a night owl (12 AM instead of 2 AM!).  Necessity and all that.   Optimally your new job should be seven days a week to prevent you from going back to old habits on weekends.
Um Sunday is for Rest...its not optimal to work on sunday
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Archer

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on July 26, 2014, 04:53:27 AM

This. I'm not sure I know many people who could work 7 days a week without a real break.  I've done it while deployed and you burn out quick. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

The Curt Jester

Quote from: Archer on July 26, 2014, 07:42:53 AM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on July 26, 2014, 04:53:27 AM

This. I'm not sure I know many people who could work 7 days a week without a real break.  I've done it while deployed and you burn out quick.

Um.

I was joking.    It's hard to believe anyone could read what I wrote and take it seriously.   Maybe I should have said EIGHT days a week so it would be extra obvious.

Aquila

10 mg of melatonin :(. I'm a big guy though...don't know if that dose is safe for everyone. It's bad, but I'm a night owl even though I don't want to be.
Extra SSPX Nulla Salus.
Dogmatic Sedeplenist.

Archer

Quote from: The Curt Jester on July 27, 2014, 06:51:21 PM
Um.

I was joking.    It's hard to believe anyone could read what I wrote and take it seriously.   Maybe I should have said EIGHT days a week so it would be extra obvious.

It's the interwebs man.  Sometimes it's hard to tell.   
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Elizabeth

Another night owl here.

Unfortunately not like the holy souls who deprived themselves of sleep as a mortification or penance. 

The Curt Jester

Quote from: Archer on July 28, 2014, 09:20:29 AM
Quote from: The Curt Jester on July 27, 2014, 06:51:21 PM
Um.

It's the interwebs man.  Sometimes it's hard to tell.   

Actually in my case, it's not just the internet.  In person I will say entirely outlandish things with a completely straight face and people don't know whether or not I'm serious.   I still haven't gotten used to it.