HI there again

Started by Spera In Deo, August 31, 2022, 12:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spera In Deo

OK, this is going to be confusing to some here.

I accidentally logged into an old account I thought KK and I had put out to pasture when I was going through my ugly divorce.  I knew I had posted here after 2014.  I just knew it.  So I used my secondary email to see if I had another user name here, and I found it.

I posted most of my content on this forum under this name, so this is where I will stay.  I chose this name from the opening Psalm of the TLM, Spera In Doe, or my hope is in God.  Because that reminded me of where my hope has to come from.  Not family, money, jobs, anything of this world.

It is good to be back.
"What Catholics once were, we are. If we are wrong, then Catholics through the ages have been wrong.
We are what you once were. We believe what you once believed.
We worship as you once worshipped. If we are wrong now, you were wrong then. If you were right then, we are right now".

Robert DePiante

Justin Martyr

Welcome back. Seems like a lot of people are returning.
The least departure from Tradition leads to a scorning of every dogma of the Faith.
St. Photios the Great, Encyclical to the Eastern Patriarchs

CANON I: As for all persons who dare to violate the definition of the holy and great Synod convened in Nicaea in the presence of Eusebeia, the consort of the most God-beloved Emperor Constantine, concerning the holy festival of the soterial Pascha, we decree that they be excluded from Communion and be outcasts from the Church if they persist more captiously in objecting to the decisions that have been made as most fitting in regard thereto; and let these things be said with reference to laymen. But if any of the person occupying prominent positions in the Church, such as a Bishop, or a Presbyter, or a Deacon, after the adoption of this definition, should dare to insist upon having his own way, to the perversion of the laity, and to the disturbance of the church, and upon celebrating Pascha along with the Jews, the holy Synod has hence judged that person to be an alien to the Church, on the ground that he has not only become guilty of sin by himself, but has also been the cause of corruption and perversion among the multitude. Accordingly, it not only deposes such persons from the liturgy, but also those who dare to commune with them after their deposition. Moreover, those who have been deposed are to be deprived of the external honor too of which the holy Canon and God's priesthood have partaken.
The Council of Antioch 341, recieved by the Council of Chalcedon

Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

diaduit

Quote from: Spera In Deo on August 31, 2022, 12:24:44 PM

I accidentally logged into an old account I thought KK and I had put out to pasture when I was going through my ugly divorce.  I knew I had posted here after 2014.  I just knew it.  So I used my secondary email to see if I had another user name here, and I found it.

I posted most of my content on this forum under this name, so this is where I will stay.  I chose this name from the opening Psalm of the TLM, Spera In Doe, or my hope is in God.  Because that reminded me of where my hope has to come from.  Not family, money, jobs, anything of this world.

It is good to be back.

Often wondered how you were getting on.  Hope your family are all good.

Spera In Deo

Quote from: diaduit on August 31, 2022, 03:18:02 PM
Quote from: Spera In Deo on August 31, 2022, 12:24:44 PM

I posted most of my content on this forum under this name, so this is where I will stay.  I chose this name from the opening Psalm of the TLM, Spera In Deo, or my hope is in God.  Because that reminded me of where my hope has to come from.  Not family, money, jobs, anything of this world.

My family is a hot mess.  If you want details, you can message me.  Bottom line: ALL 5 kids have left the faith.  Please pray for them.

It is good to be back.

Often wondered how you were getting on.  Hope your family are all good.

Family is a hot mess.  Bottom line: ALL 5 kids left the faith.  Please pray for them.  If you PM me, I will give more details.
"What Catholics once were, we are. If we are wrong, then Catholics through the ages have been wrong.
We are what you once were. We believe what you once believed.
We worship as you once worshipped. If we are wrong now, you were wrong then. If you were right then, we are right now".

Robert DePiante

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Kephapaulos

Welcome back, Spera in Deo!

Elizabeth

Jmartyr

Dang it. You changed the doe. I was going to give a smartass comment.   :)
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

Michael Wilson

Welcome back, and for your family:  :pray2:
I'm terribly sorry to hear.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers