Goodbye

Started by dellery, June 05, 2022, 03:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Quote from: diaduit on June 08, 2022, 07:00:44 AM
It was a question from Heinrich.

Dellery had already responded (in reply #37) to Heinrich's question so it did not make sense to ask Dellery why he did not answer it.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Jayne

There was a question earlier about rash judgment, apparently implying that people are guilty of this if they think that MaximGun and Greg are the same person.  Rash judgment means making a judgment with insufficient evidence.  In this case, there is a great deal of evidence, such that many reasonable people have reached the same conclusion.

Here is an example from today:

Quote from: MaximGun on June 08, 2022, 06:09:47 AM
Start buying decent second hand bicycles.  You'll double your money by autumn.

And collect firewood this summer and stack it in the garden and cover it up with a tarp.  It will be worth a lot of money to people with wood burning stoves come the winter because they cannot collect wet wood and burn it.

compare to:

Quote from: Greg on April 08, 2020, 11:16:08 AM
Top tip.

If you have any home exercise equipment and are willing to deliver it in a 30 mile radius of your home put it on eBay.  People are paying stupid money for it currently

I just sold a TS01 running machine with incline I paid 155 pounds for in 2017 for 480 pounds including delivering it 8 miles away.  Last month I sold an erg for 500 quid but that was before lockdown.

Punch bags, weights, dumbells, exercise balls, bikes, sell it now and buy it back later when lockdown is over and there is a glut of it being sold and it will be much cheaper.

Paranoid middle classes all competing on line for crap to keep them entertained.  Good time to sell DVDs, video games, laptops, PCs, homescooling books and other stuff as people cannot get it from closed stores.

Good time to buy cars.

It is reasonable to suspect that these posts were written by the same person.  When one sees such similarities over and over again, this is sufficient evidence to reach a conclusion without it being rash.

Perhaps the most telling piece of evidence is the fact that neither Greg nor MaximGun has ever explicitly denied it, in spite of many people accusing or speculating about it.  The closest they came to a denial was in response to me saying that I would assume they were the same person unless I saw denials from them.  At that point Greg said "Don't be paranoid" and MG said "I have never met Greg".  These give the impression of denial without actually denying.

diaduit

Reply 37 does not answer heinrichs question....

dellery

This is a pretty faggy thread. My apologies.

This thread is evidence that I do need to be leaving though.
I'm a straight-up basket case. The necessities of life force me to keep my problems in check, but it's too easy to let them effect my behavior on the internet. Giving a little bit of ground to my demons, even on the internet, is too much.
People can poke fun at me for having issues, they can judge me for frequently drinking and having smoked pot, it doesn't bother me at all. I don't have any shame. Having suffered catastrophic emotional injuries several times over, among other hardships, I'm still on my feet and moving forward.
The last 12 years have been so hard. 2010 to 1015 almost broke me. Throughout my entire time posting on Catholic forums, I've been dealing with too much baggage to even be embarrassed by it anymore.

The Traditionalist Movement has become deeply upsetting to me and I now think it's wrong. Not that I think Tradition is wrong. You can't get me to assist at a New Mass save for exceptional circumstances. The Traditionalist Movement though appears to be nothing but a dead branch.
Honestly, look at the Church nowadays, it looks like nothing but clerical infighting over the laity who's support they need. The Church is infested with clerical leaches from the New Order parishes to the Traditional ones. This isn't to say there are no good priests, I know many, but the entire system seems set up to compete for the last few Catholics in order to guarantee retirement.

The divisions within Tradition are utterly foolish. So what a Sedevacantist doesn't think Pope Francis is the Pope? Are they claiming another man besides Benedict XVI is the Pope?? If not then who cares? It should be fairly understandable to see why somebody would think Francis, although occupying the Seat of Peter, has effectively lost the papacy. So what a person doesn't feel comfortable resisting Pope Francis? It should be equally understandable to see why somebody would not feel comfortable resisting the Pope himself and choses not to. Likewise, it should be easily understandable as to why some people still think Pope Benedict XVI is still Pope. These are all stupid, superficial, disagreements that don't even touch on doctrine. Of course the SSPX, Sedevacantists, and NO priests will tell you otherwise, but that's because they're afraid you'll give your money to the other guys. Anybody who had the best interests of the Church at heart would negate these disagreements and build unity around doctrine and Tradition themselves without ever forcing divisive political, and, or disciplinary expectations on people. 

Anyhow, I thank Kaesekopf for allowing me to post on here for so long.

My apologies to the many people I have offended and have been a jerk to.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Julio

^God bless, brother. Posting while high or drunk is the reason "Woodstock" lost its charm. Substance abuse is it and we just need to be obedient to His will. Whatever you do just remember, "Thy will be done."

MaximGun

So a man with drink, drug, emotional issues, is telling people he likes 'Tradition' but not the entire movement that allows it to continue to exist.  Which is mostly made up of sober large families who contribute their sons and daughters and dead widow's real estate to supply the masses and sacraments he attends and the books, videos and writing he consumes.

Don't ask what Traditionalists can do for you, but rather what you have done for Traditionalists.

diaduit

Quote from: dellery on June 08, 2022, 09:10:59 PM
This is a pretty faggy thread. My apologies.

The divisions within Tradition are utterly foolish. So what a Sedevacantist doesn't think Pope Francis is the Pope? Are they claiming another man besides Benedict XVI is the Pope?? If not then who cares? It should be fairly understandable to see why somebody would think Francis, although occupying the Seat of Peter, has effectively lost the papacy. So what a person doesn't feel comfortable resisting Pope Francis? It should be equally understandable to see why somebody would not feel comfortable resisting the Pope himself and choses not to. Likewise, it should be easily understandable as to why some people still think Pope Benedict XVI is still Pope. These are all stupid, superficial, disagreements that don't even touch on doctrine. Of course the SSPX, Sedevacantists, and NO priests will tell you otherwise, but that's because they're afraid you'll give your money to the other guys. Anybody who had the best interests of the Church at heart would negate these disagreements and build unity around doctrine and Tradition themselves without ever forcing divisive political, and, or disciplinary expectations on people. 

Anyhow, I thank Kaesekopf for allowing me to post on here for so long.

My apologies to the many people I have offended and have been a jerk to.

I was not making fun of you for smoking pot, I was saying it as a point for posters to understand that's part of the 'door slam'.....sometimes someone acting like this needs a slap across the face with a glove...that was why I said 'ah shut up'......not that it matters but it wasn't personal and I'm not offended.

As for your last paragraph.....wholeheartedly agree, its like I say to trads sometimes, I don't give a flying fig if the pope wears red shoes or not...I go to the mass of all ages coz we really haven't a clue what is the absolute right side in this last battle.

Miriam_M

I have been waiting for someone to say this.

Quote from: MaximGun on June 08, 2022, 10:16:18 PM
Don't ask what Traditionalists can do for you, but rather what you have done for Traditionalists.

Heinrich

Quote from: diaduit on June 08, 2022, 07:00:44 AM
It was a question from Heinrich.

Right. And Dellery provided not one shred of evidence that he is doing valiantly sacrificial work to restore all things to Christ. This gaping hole in his Crusader application is quite telling since he's denigrating everyone in Traddom.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Jayne

So why is the pile on continuing after dellery apologized? 

Personally, I find his general criticisms of trads less problematic than the sort of personal attacks and false accusations of fellow forum members that we so often see here.  Oddly enough, some of the people most active in making and/or thanking attacks on individuals are the ones most involved in giving dellery a hard time for his general remarks.

diaduit

They were not general attacks, his op is full vitriol against trads and he has since apologised which I'm glad he has done.

Melkor

I mean, trads are straight up bat-sh*t crazy. At least by the standards of the world. Who has 10 kids and is in their right mind? However, our main problem is that we have no real guidance or figure to look to. The situation is a complete mess and there are no tangible, clear answers. I can also understand dellery's frustration with some trads. Let's be real; there are some friggin' weirdos out there in traddom. So many LARPing little cults like the 'resistance' that are completely out of their mind. Anyhow dellery, I wish you all the best going forward and stay strong. God bless.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

clau clau

Quote from: diaduit on June 09, 2022, 11:07:15 AM
They were not general attacks, his op is full vitriol against trads and he has since apologised which I'm glad he has done.

see:oil of vitriol
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Jayne

Quote from: diaduit on June 09, 2022, 11:07:15 AM

And aren't some of the personal attacks posted here full of vitriol?  I have seen some extremely ugly things here (and I've seen you thank them).

Heinrich

Have you ever noticed that most normal posters here don't  give a crap about your needless contrarian byte points?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.