Danny Roxo: The Phantom of the Forest

Started by Vetus Ordo, September 29, 2020, 05:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

Francisco Daniel "Danny" Roxo (1933–1976), a legend within the Portuguese Army and SADF, was a highly decorated SF soldier who fought against communist insurgents all over Africa in span of 10 years. He created, trained and led his own militia (Coluna Infernal) with one objective: to kill communists.

The training Roxo put his men through was utterly merciless. He would shoot at their feet unexpectedly in order to not flinch under fire. He forced them to jog, climb mountains and wade upstream through rivers for hours, all while wearing backpacks filled with heavy boulders. Accidentally making a noise during practice ambushes was punished by a vicious beatdown. As a result, Roxo's men could move in complete silence, cover huge distances and still have enough energy to immediately attack the enemy upon arrival. Roxo firmly believed in fighting fire with fire, prisoners were rarely taken and he always reminded his men "If you see anyone taking me prisoner, shoot me." He had a $100,000 bounty on his head and only lost 3 men under his command.

The Coluna Infernal would don rags or enemy uniforms and stealthily join the victims of communist mass abductions, only to later slaughter the unsuspecting terrorists in their own camps. The man himself did not miss a single chance to participate— 15 were personally killed by Roxo during one attack. His soldiers' kill-count exceeded that of all Portuguese regiments stationed in Mozambique at the time.

In 1976, during a patrol near the Okavango river, his Wolf (APC) hit a landmine and was tipped over, crushing Roxo beneath it. The rest of the crew tried to lift it free, but it was too heavy. Roxo simply lit a cigarette and smoked it until he died. Not a single moan or complaint.

Side note: During one of his hunting trips in the wilderness, he was attacked by a leopard. With both knife and gun out of his reach, he strangled the beast with his bare hands.

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

drummerboy

The only logic communists understand and promote is violence, its the best way to deal with them vice versa.  When was the last time anyone had an honest discussion of compromise with communists?
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne