The Irish Revolution

Started by red solo cup, May 23, 2018, 04:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

Quote from: mikemac on February 27, 2019, 07:11:59 PM
Quote from: red solo cup on February 27, 2019, 03:17:41 PM
Not a problem Mike. Good discussion sometimes follows it's own path. I've learned a lot from you and awkward.

Thanks red solo cup.  I could have continued with quite a bit more.

See that show 'Rebellion', about the Easter Rising is on Netflix as a series.  I'm about half way through it.  I may watch the rest of it tonight.
What do you think of it? Is it accurate? Is it well done?
non impediti ratione cogitationis

red solo cup

mikemac

Quote from: red solo cup on March 07, 2019, 06:31:37 AM
Quote from: mikemac on February 27, 2019, 07:11:59 PM
Quote from: red solo cup on February 27, 2019, 03:17:41 PM
Not a problem Mike. Good discussion sometimes follows it's own path. I've learned a lot from you and awkward.

Thanks red solo cup.  I could have continued with quite a bit more.

See that show 'Rebellion', about the Easter Rising is on Netflix as a series.  I'm about half way through it.  I may watch the rest of it tonight.
What do you think of it? Is it accurate? Is it well done?

It was quite detailed.  You could probably determine whether it was accurate better than I.  I think you'd say yes.  I was kind of surprised with the communist element in the Easter Rising.  It ended in 1922 with them getting into a cache of rifles to assassinate Michael Collins.  They said the martyrs didn't die just to win an Irish Free State as a Dominion of the British Commonwealth of Nations.  I did a bit of research after watching it.  I hadn't realized that Ireland didn't become a republic until 1937, then officially in 1949.  "It had the status of Dominion until 1937 when a new constitution was adopted, in which the state was named "Ireland" and effectively became a republic, with an elected non-executive president as head of state. It was officially declared a republic in 1949, following the Republic of Ireland Act 1948."
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

red solo cup

red solo cup

red solo cup

red solo cup