Normandt' Catholic Meditations

Started by Normandt, September 20, 2020, 12:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normandt

190. Let's meet the sheep

Jesus said to the twelve Apostles:
"Go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. As you go, make this proclamation: 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'" Matthew, chapter 10, verses 6 to 7

Let's go to the people who seek God. There are some who are like children of God without a shepherd. All the baptized or not are in search to discover faith in themselves.

Let's proclaim that the Kingdom of God is near, that salvation has come, that Jesus is the Good News and that he is gathering his people for eternal joy!

Book : Here, where we are
Normand Thomas
God says : I Love you
___

Thank you Lord for Loving me
and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

191. Fear the unknown

John invites us to be cautious when comes time to choose. We have the choice to follow Christ or another way. He tells us about people who were with the Apostles, but who are no longer with them:
"They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us." 1 John, chapter 2, verse 19

Sometimes, even in our churches, there may be people who are not with us, that is to say, who follow another doctrine than that of Jesus Christ.

Since we're called not to judge, only God can know whether a person lives his faith authentically or not. We can, however, propose ourselves this question: "Does the person follow the Love of God and let the Holy Spirit work in his life?" Otherwise, here are some very good opportunities to pray. We have around us, in the church, an ideal place to practice observing and listening to the faith of others.

John knows Jesus:
"The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world came to be through him, but the world did not know him." John, chapter 1, verses 9 to 10

Jesus is the true Light, but there are people who don't know him.

Now, how do we make sure that these people do not lead us in another direction, other than in the Light of Christ? Let's be as careful for ourselves as these people can drive us off the road.

May the grace of God invade us as he covered Mary and kept her totally pure and sinless. May grace, just like the Word and the Eucharist, transform us every day, to become "image of God" in the world and for the world.

Let's personally decide to live in Love, Peace, Truth, within the Life that Christ transmits to us and to move freely on the Way where he leads us.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

192. To live in Love

Offering our life to God is the answer he seeks. In this way, he can fulfill his dream in people. Then, let's invite people to let themselves be loved and open their hearts to the Presence of God. Let's invite them to give their lives to God.

Let's tell them that his Love is free and perfect.

He gave us the gift of his life and he expects from us the answer to his Love. May we offer him our life in answer to his Eternal Life for us. Let's offer love in response to his Love. Let's also observe the fruits that the Spirit transmits to people and we'll discover God present in them.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

193. Be a beacon and listen

The true disciple is in the middle of the world as a lighthouse that attracts to conversion. He is also the one who listens to the human heart. He helps the person to tell himself and share his sufferings. It helps him to find his answers.

It's necessary, however, that the listener refrain from elaborating on his own difficult experiences so as not to block the opening or the passage that is created in the one who shares his suffering.

Let's become aware of what others live. Let's be attentive and sensitive to the difficulties he has.

However, transient difficulties are nothing compared to the life that God offers us. God shares us infinitely more than anything we can hope for. The grace of God is overflowing when, despite suffering, we cling to him and make him known.

May the mission continue, as long as people do not know Jesus. Let's continue his works.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

194. Seeking the sheep

Today, Jesus tells us:
"What is your opinion? If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray, will he not leave the ninety-nine in the hills and go in search of the stray?" Matthew, chapter 18, verse 12

We are invited to learn each day by simply reading passages or books from the Bible. Some books in this library (Bible) contain very few pages.

We receive the Word whenever we open the Bible, go to Mass, and on many other occasions. We are studying it. Let's also develop the ability to transmit the Word to the people of our time. We can offer it and transmit it to the people, since we are here now:
"I fed you milk, not solid food, because you were unable to take it. Indeed, you are still not able, even now." 1 Corinthians, chapter 3, verse 2

Paul proposes to give milk and not solid food to new disciples. It would be important to remember this recommendation which is of prime importance. Paul's text is very good for anyone who wants to advance in faith and share it.

Because, milk is usually given to babies, if we understand the meaning that Paul wants to give it. The baby cannot take a bottle. The parent does not stop watching and listening to the baby to fully understand his immediate needs. And for steak, we'll have reached a certain age to consume it.

The missionary will always give milk and not steak to all the new people he meets because he doesn't know anything about them. This helps to verify where the person is rendered in the faith. If he practises his faith, he will want to share it.

If the person doesn't know a lot about faith, he will either let the evangelist continue if it remains simple or close up, because he doesn't join him with words too difficult or trying to stuff in all the words he knows from the dictionary.

It's a question of being attentive to these two poles of opposite reactions to place ourselves in front of this person, in order to discover the real depth of his faith. The ultimate goal of evangelization is to keep people awake in the faith by offering small steps to achieve.

For every little step that a person makes, we rejoice. Jesus will heal that which slows the people of a fulfilling life, so that these people become empowered, in faith. Every contrary movement tells us what is to be handed over to Jesus. Whenever we meet a person, whom we evangelize, we can update what is to be corrected in our approach, in general.

Let's be assured that we are never wrong when evangelization is done simply, with simple words and gestures. On the other hand, what is complicated repels people and this can affect their experience of faith.

Beef steak is eaten by the person who has gained experience. So, we're going to feed people to faith, little by little, until these people have gained experience. Our mission is to offer what Jesus gives us, a little portion at a time.

The progression of faith is similar. At first, people see themselves in a situation that requires a lot of effort. Every little achievement requires some coordination between the heart, the body, the soul and the spirit.

It's better for us to be sensitive to the reality and inner movement of the person to adjust the progress of faith in him than to want him to learn everything, too quickly and with a single stream of words.

Let's think of all the efforts that a baby will undertake to succeed in walking, all the coordination of the functions of his body that this requires, in order to succeed a single step forward. That's what we need to think about when we first meet someone, whether they're believers or not.

It's also useful for people who are believers or might believe they know everything. It brings them back to the essential, to the simplicity of faith. Let's be patient with ourselves and with others. Although simple in itself, the experience of faith is complex for the beginner or for the one who, without being aware of it, is leaving the church.

If we're listening since the beginning, we offer ourselves opportunities to discover where their faith is. If we do not see results, it's a sign that we must continue to deeply listen and be more attentive and precise in the information we're collecting. It's not time yet to talk too much. Better we pray for these people.

We are invited to do good to humans. All that we do well in God helps us to become more humble and happy.
We are the servants of God and he can only want the best for us and for the world. To offer faith in the name of God is to give ourselves the means to become saints.

Let's develop our Catholic faith and seek Jesus by reading and sink deeper into his Word. Jesus did not say many words to people, but he was precise in saying the right words at the right time.

Let's continue to receive the Eucharist so that our hearts will open more to the Love of God on us and for our neighbour.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

195. Being simple

We are invited to let go of pride. The release that this will accomplish will allow us to use the gifts and charisms we receive from God for others.

God comforts us:
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and God of all encouragement, who encourages us in our every affliction, so that we may be able to encourage those who are in any affliction with the encouragement with which we ourselves are encouraged by God." 2 Corinthians, chapter 1, verses 3 to 4

When there's an opportunity to let Jesus take care of our distress, our fears, our sorrows, pride, God comforts us. Or rather, we discover that God comforts us, since we've surround ourselves again with his Heart.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

196. Comforting

When we are comforted, we can think of comforting others. It's a beautiful exchange that begins with God. He transforms us to be open to others and allows them to live the comfort of his Presence, thanks to the encounter we have with them.
Paul pushes even further:
"If we are afflicted, it is for your encouragement and salvation." 2 Corinthians, chapter 1, verse 6

So even in distress, if we are in the Lord, we can be people inviting our contemporaries to salvation, supported by the comfort of God.
We can say:
"I will bless the Lord at all times; praise shall be always in my mouth. My soul will glory in the Lord that the poor may hear and be glad." Psalm 34, verses 2 to 3

Blessing the Lord at all times and even misery will be transformed for the glory of God and the salvation of the world.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

197. Who are our friends?

"If you greet your brothers only, what is unusual about that?" Matthew, chapter 5, verse 47

It's not uncommon to regularly sit in a group and share continuously with the same people. Although it's less pleasant and without putting them aside, it's recommended, on occasion, not to sit with the same people all the time. This will create new relationships.

Let's try to eat with different people and by telling our friends that we are not leaving them, that we'll be back. We'll discover new interesting exchanges and we'll learn to know new people.

This allows discovering the wonders that Jesus realizes in their heart. Even if they are not naturally talking about their faith or the presence of Jesus in them, let's listen to them all the same. Let's listen to their silence. They have something to tell us. They allow us to pray for them.

Not only the priest, but everyone, we are invited to visit the people of our parish. The light of Jesus is there in their hearts. We discover charity, peace, joy? We can reveal to them how Jesus is present in their lives.

That said, it's also important to have sincere friends that we sometimes eat and share with. But, above all, we raise the danger of always going to the same homes. We risk leaving other people behind. This is of great importance for the sowing mission to continue.

Let's share the little we earned from Jesus and our faith will grow with others. Let's share our welcome with others and the sense of welcome will develop, listening and it will increase, patience and we will become wise.

Let's share with others what God puts in us and we'll discover that God is also in others. Sometimes, it may take a while, but let's not be afraid to sow what God offers us. Much delicately, because the place in which we sow is the heart.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.