TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

Indian Detective on Netflix. Meh.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

red solo cup

Godless on Netflix starring Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary Crawley on Downton Abbey). Some brief nudity but still very good.

Greg

Decided to ditch Netflix for good.  For a while it seemed like they had no overarching agenda to push homosexual subplots and so I could watch a show without needing to worry about skipping over main characters sodomizing each other, but after some online research today it very much appears Netflix are following the BBC in their determination to push and normalise turd burglars at every opportunity.

Not prepared to pay them to be propagandized.  Not that I am paying, (our nanny is).

Might have to start watching Russian movies with subtitles.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Jayne

Quote from: Greg on January 03, 2018, 09:30:11 AM
Decided to ditch Netflix for good.  For a while it seemed like they had no overarching agenda to push homosexual subplots and so I could watch a show without needing to worry about skipping over main characters sodomizing each other, but after some online research today it very much appears Netflix are following the BBC in their determination to push and normalise turd burglars at every opportunity.

Not prepared to pay them to be propagandized.  Not that I am paying, (our nanny is).

Might have to start watching Russian movies with subtitles.

I agree.   :eek:

I gave up on Western entertainment and switched to South Korean TV with subtitles.  And I started to learn Korean.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Bernadette

BBC's Father Brown series. They've changed the stories quite a bit.  :-\
My Lord and my God.

Jacob

Quote from: Bernadette on January 03, 2018, 06:50:28 PM

Father Brown is Father Dowling in Britain, minus Sister Steve, but plus a village full of quirky English.  I watched two episodes and then said no more.

Tonight I watched The X-Files.  This season actually promises to go somewhere. :D
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

red solo cup

La Mante on Netflix. Not bad. Lots of French angst.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Jacob on January 03, 2018, 09:56:59 PM

Father Brown is Father Dowling in Britain, minus Sister Steve, but plus a village full of quirky English.  I watched two episodes and then said no more.

Tonight I watched The X-Files.  This season actually promises to go somewhere. :D
No they actually made new series and they are quite enjoyable. I love the actor who plays Fr. Brown. And yes they have changed the stories a lot but at least you don't get bored.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

red solo cup

The Frozen Dead on Netflix. Not bad.

red solo cup

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell on Netflix. Vey good. Much better than the book.

Lynne

Quote from: martin88nyc on January 09, 2018, 03:45:47 PM

No they actually made new series and they are quite enjoyable. I love the actor who plays Fr. Brown. And yes they have changed the stories a lot but at least you don't get bored.

The stories are always salacious and Father Brown seems rather ecumenical...  :(
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

maryslittlegarden

Been on a West Wing kick for awhile.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

red solo cup

Tried to watch Altered Carbon on Netflix. Looked promising but got dumber and dumber as it went along.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Lynne on January 29, 2018, 02:32:53 PM

The stories are always salacious and Father Brown seems rather ecumenical...  :(
Yes I have noticed that by now, especially his toleration of "voodoo"
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Lynne

Quote from: martin88nyc on February 12, 2018, 02:49:30 PM
Quote from: Lynne on January 29, 2018, 02:32:53 PM

Yes I have noticed that by now, especially his toleration of "voodoo"

Oh brother! I was disappointed because I liked all the characters but the storylines are bad...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"