TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It's funny but not as funny as everybody is saying.

maryslittlegarden

Star Trek Original Series Season 1
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

MundaCorMeum

Poor old Jonah.  Now he's all alonah. 

On Tuesday, we'll be watching the Veggie Tale short about St. Patrick.  That one is probably our favorite.  We like the pirates one, too....we left it at the beach a few summers ago, though 😕

verenaerin

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on March 15, 2015, 10:18:30 PM
Poor old Jonah.  Now he's all alonah. 

On Tuesday, we'll be watching the Veggie Tale short about St. Patrick.  That one is probably our favorite.  We like the pirates one, too....we left it at the beach a few summers ago, though 😕

Mr T watched it with the kids yesterday, he said it was pretty good.

dymphna17

Face Off    It's a show on the SyFy channel where contestants work through different challenges using makeup and prosthetics on models.  Some people are so talented!  It's amazing what these people can do in such a short time.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Jacob

I watched The Untold Story of The Sound of Music last night on ABC.  Diane Sawyer took Julie Andrews back to the abbey church where they filmed the wedding.  I was interested to see that the high altar was still in place.  There seemed to be something up there in front, but I couldn't make it out as a table altar.  Diane went on to visit Nonnburg Abbey.  Mother Abbess was in a full habit; there is only a small group of nuns left.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Jacob on March 19, 2015, 07:14:31 AM
I watched The Untold Story of The Sound of Music last night on ABC.  Diane Sawyer took Julie Andrews back to the abbey church where they filmed the wedding.  I was interested to see that the high altar was still in place.  There seemed to be something up there in front, but I couldn't make it out as a table altar.  Diane went on to visit Nonnburg Abbey.  Mother Abbess was in a full habit; there is only a small group of nuns left.

Nonnberg Abbey is pretty inside.  A little bare, as I recall, but nonetheless pretty. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

piabee

Dying (pun intended) to watch iZombie. C'mon, Sunday!

erin is nice

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 16, 2015, 10:13:15 PM
Face Off    It's a show on the SyFy channel where contestants work through different challenges using makeup and prosthetics on models.  Some people are so talented!  It's amazing what these people can do in such a short time.

I love this show.

I'm now in season 2 of Battlestar Galactica, and they just killed off the hottest guy on the show  :lol:

Jacob

Quote from: erin is nice on March 19, 2015, 06:42:30 PM
I'm now in season 2 of Battlestar Galactica, and they just killed off the hottest guy on the show  :lol:

You like guys who are younger? ;)
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Hiero of Syracuse

So does anybody here like Gravity Falls? I find it to be highly enjoyable. The writing is pretty clever and it is highly rewatchable with all the secret codes and what not.

For those who have not watched it, it is sort of like a mixture between Twins Peak and the X-Files with a little Simpsons thrown in. I especially like the focus on Mabel and Dipper, the shows two protagonist. Usually siblings don't get along very well in TV shows, but the portrayal of their relationship is quite sweet.

Bonaventure

Killing Jesus later tonight.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Bonaventure on March 29, 2015, 01:12:58 PM
Killing Jesus later tonight.

*Spoiler* Already been done - He came back.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Anastasia

The new Flash has been meh so far, but the episode with Mark Hamill was really funny.
People talk vaguely about the innocence of a little child, but they take mighty good care not to let it out of their sight for twenty minutes.-Saki.
"Meanwhile, Fate was quietly slipping lead into the boxing glove. "
— P.G. Wodehouse

Limoncello

The Emperor of All Maladies.