TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zork

Still working on Twilight Zone Season 1 and Alfred Hitchcock Present Season 2. (I don't watch them every day.)
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Relicario

I've been watching an anime called Tokyo Ghoul.  There is a lot of violence in the show so it's not for everyone.

totiusque

Just started Arrow.  So much better than Agents of Shield, as far as comic book TV shows go.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

The Harlequin King

Quote from: totiusque on July 18, 2014, 12:15:21 AM
Just started Arrow.  So much better than Agents of Shield, as far as comic book TV shows go.

Yes, yes it is.

Basilios

Season 2 of Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Basilios on July 18, 2014, 07:50:39 AM

I miss The Last Airbender. Spoiler alert: Zuko is in the currently ongoing season of The Legend of Korra.

Basilios

Quote from: The Harlequin King on July 18, 2014, 08:30:00 AM

I miss The Last Airbender. Spoiler alert: Zuko is in the currently ongoing season of The Legend of Korra.

Apparently Zuko stops firebending and moves on to become the leader of some lost group of kids or something...

Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

Cesar_Augustus

I'm watching the current season of The Legend of Korra.

How they are going to surpass the level of danger of the second season villain?

Recovering NOer

Quote from: Cesar_Augustus on July 18, 2014, 09:55:10 AMHow they are going to surpass the level of danger of the second season villain?

That's what I'm wondering.  On top of that, there is at least one more season guaranteed after this one.

Jayne

Quote from: The Harlequin King on July 18, 2014, 07:18:10 AM
Quote from: totiusque on July 18, 2014, 12:15:21 AM

Yes, yes it is.

I tried Arrow again, based on your recommendation, and I really like it.  I think I missed the first couple of episodes when I tired it before so I did not get into it.  But this time  I started right at the beginning.

Agents of Shield greatly improved in the episodes that aired after Winter Soldier.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Jayne

Zuko was my favourite character in TLA so I was really pleased to see him in Korra.

totiusque

Quote from: Jayne on July 19, 2014, 09:50:36 AM
I tried Arrow again, based on your recommendation, and I really like it.  I think I missed the first couple of episodes when I tired it before so I did not get into it.  But this time  I started right at the beginning.

Agents of Shield greatly improved in the episodes that aired after Winter Soldier.

Funny, that's about when I stopped watching Agents of Shield.  Perhaps I should give it another try.  I just didn't really care about any of the characters except Coulson.

I prefer Arrow because of how they integrate his backstory on the island into the current plot.  I could do without all the romantic triangle garbage, but I guess it could be worse considering it's the WB.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Jayne

Quote from: totiusque on July 19, 2014, 10:02:00 PM
Quote from: Jayne on July 19, 2014, 09:50:36 AM

Funny, that's about when I stopped watching Agents of Shield.  Perhaps I should give it another try.  I just didn't really care about any of the characters except Coulson.

I prefer Arrow because of how they integrate his backstory on the island into the current plot.  I could do without all the romantic triangle garbage, but I guess it could be worse considering it's the WB.

Now that I am into second season, I find that the sexual immorality of the characters is bothering me more and more.  The protagonist has had sex with 4 different women over 2 years and this is not portrayed as a bad thing.  It is taken for granted as normal behaviour.  Also some lesbian relationships are introduced and all the good guys are completely fine with it.  Just knowing how this sort of subtext erodes people's understanding of right and wrong really interferes with my ability to enjoy the elements of the show that I would otherwise like.

The Harlequin King

You've gotten further than me, Jayne. I've only seen the first episode of season 2 so far.

Jayne

Quote from: The Harlequin King on July 24, 2014, 10:43:16 AM
You've gotten further than me, Jayne. I've only seen the first episode of season 2 so far.

I'll be interested in your opinion as you get further into it.