The importance of teaching children that the Novus Ordo is bad.

Started by GiftOfGod, November 18, 2020, 03:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiftOfGod

I know of one woman who was raised sede but left the Faith for the Novus Ordo. I don't know details of how she was raised but I don't think that her parents taught her how bad the Novus Order is, so she was sheltered in that respect. I have also read about similar problems online. I think some trads, sedes in particular, ignore how bad things are getting in the Novus Ordo. Sedes think that it's a false counter-church and that's all their kids need to know. R&Rs think that they should listen to their R&R priests/bishops only and ignore Francis. A problem arises when the kids grow up and see that "cool" and "normal" people are Novus Ordo Catholic. They see that NO Catholics are in bliss attending the New Mass, so they try it out and get suckered-in. I think everyone who converted to the traditional Catholic Faith did so out of pain, prayer, and lots of education. Cradle trads have no idea of the heresy and apostasy exhibited by so many (most?) Novus Ordo clergy. To me, it's the equivalent of some boy never hearing a word about drugs at home or homeschool and deciding to try a joint when it is offered to him by a neighbor kid.

I don't know if I am getting my thoughts across but I think that children should be catechized on the Novus Ordo, Second Vatican Council, Modernism, etc. To my knowledge, no such thing exists. Has anyone seen such problems with cradle trads? How have you educated your children on the Novus Ordo?
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: coffeeandcigarette on November 18, 2020, 05:12:05 PM
Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 18, 2020, 03:12:08 PM
left the Faith for the Novus Ordo.

:o :o :o :doh: :doh: :doh: :crazy2:

My thoughts exactly. It's a painful time for the family, so I haven't inquired for specifics yet. I have a hunch that the family didn't educate their kids on all the stuff that converts are aware of experts on.
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 18, 2020, 05:26:28 PM

My thoughts exactly. It's a painful time for the family, so I haven't inquired for specifics yet. I have a hunch that the family didn't educate their kids on all the stuff that converts are aware of experts on.

No, you misunderstood me completely. I do not think going to the NO is leaving the Faith. I know lots of NO people who try very very hard to love God and are wonderful Catholics. They are not getting what they should be getting from their bishops, nor are they participating in the highest form of thanksgiving and worship...but they have not left the faith.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: coffeeandcigarette on November 18, 2020, 08:01:43 PM
Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 18, 2020, 05:26:28 PM

No, you misunderstood me completely. I do not think going to the NO is leaving the Faith. I know lots of NO people who try very very hard to love God and are wonderful Catholics. They are not getting what they should be getting from their bishops, nor are they participating in the highest form of thanksgiving and worship...but they have not left the faith.

You just need to learn to communicate with words, not emoticons.  Novus Ordites are a completely different breed. Do you not know about the abominable New Mass? Read Fr. Cekada's book called Work of Human Hands. For other mockeries of the real sacraments, read this: https://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/catholicchurch/new-sacraments/ The fact is that people cease to be Catholic if they are heretics. Almost without exception, Novus Ordites are heretics. That is a completely reasonable assumption based on how every "Pope" they have followed since 1958 has spread heresy and even apostasy. The Novus Ordo is a Counter-Church, a Frankenchurch, and nothing about its substance is Catholic. It is Catholic In Name Only. Just because they took over the buildings doesn't mean that they are legitimate. You are duty-bound to advise the Novus Ordite that their souls are in danger for it doesn't matter how devout one is to a false religion.

I have nothing in common with people who believe that all souls go to Heaven, who believe that we are all God, and who kiss Korans. Why do you?

mikemac

Sedes are Protestants.

There is a specific part of this forum just made for you and all Sedevacantist topics.  I suggest you post there.

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?board=6.0
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

GiftOfGod

Quote from: mikemac on November 18, 2020, 11:18:09 PM
Sedes are Protestants.

If sedes are Protestants then why aren't they restricted to the "non-Catholic" forum? Why are sedes assisting at TLMs worldwide? I know of some SSPX priests who are sedes. So long as they don't make it public, they are allowed to stay in the SSPX. Are there any Protestant SSPX priests? I highly, highly doubt it.

And if sedes are Protestants then why are you spending time on a forum that asks you to "Pray for the repose of the soul of Fr Cekada, mikemac"? Fr. Cekada (RIP) was a sede, in case you didn't know.

Non Nobis

I don't believe that the forum owner claims that all sedes are prots, mikemac. Obviously not since he asks us to pray for Fr. Cekada. But you are right, the subject is confined to the special subforum. GiftOfGod, take note.

I was born and baptized before Vatican II and went to the English New Mass when it became the only Mass in our Church. It was what an obedient Catholic family would do. But my family was blessed in that my mom's brother was a conservative priest ordained before the changes in the Church and knowledgeable about their problems. He became one of the first traditionalist priests and travelled around saying the TLM and consulting with people. He never said the Novus Ordo in his life. He wrote an intro/forward to a book questioning the validity of the English Translation of the new Canon of the Mass. The book convinced first mom, and later my dad, but of course not our parish priest.  We left our parish and went to a Ukrainian Catholic Church for decades, at the suggestion of my uncle. I now go to the SSPX.  I don't hold to sedevacantism, even if I am sympathetic.

I was a Catholic all through this. It is presumptuous to say that all who attend the Novus Ordo are not Catholic, as an absolute.

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Non Nobis on November 19, 2020, 04:05:00 AM
I was a Catholic all through this. It is presumptuous to say that all who attend the Novus Ordo are not Catholic, as an absolute.

I have nothing in common with people who believe in universal Salvation, who believe that we are all God, and who kiss Korans. Why do you?

Stubborn

Sedes are Protestants.

I don't think so mikemac, not exactly.

Sedes are actually those who cling to a certain belief and it is this belief which in and of itself is not Catholic. This I think, makes them sedes, not prots. Does this belief make them not Catholics or heretics? That's been debated for as long the belief has been around, for about 50 years or so.

Beyond that the OP is correct, the NO and everything that has anything to do with it has already been condemned by the Church, summed up it's been condemned as the heresy of Modernism and parents should teach their children to completely avoid everything that has anything to do with the NO.

Even after a long life of sin, if the Christian receives the Sacrament of the dying with the appropriate dispositions, he will go straight to heaven without having to go to purgatory. - Fr. M. Philipon; This sacrament prepares man for glory immediately, since it is given to those who are departing from this life. - St. Thomas Aquinas; It washes away the sins that remain to be atoned, and the vestiges of sin; it comforts and strengthens the soul of the sick person, arousing in him a great trust and confidence in the divine mercy. Thus strengthened, he bears the hardships and struggles of his illness more easily and resists the temptation of the devil and the heel of the deceiver more readily; and if it be advantageous to the welfare of his soul, he sometimes regains his bodily health. - Council of Trent

Daniel

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 19, 2020, 05:04:30 AM
I have nothing in common with people who believe in universal Salvation, who believe that we are all God, and who kiss Korans. Why do you?

But what about the NO mass-goers (as well as the NO priests and NO bishops) who don't believe in universal salvation and pantheism and more pantheism?

As I see it, parents are in a tight spot. (More reason not to get married in this day and age, I suppose. Though I guess even more reason not to become a priest either.) Problem is, the Church has not yet condemned the NO counterchurch, nor has she even acknowledged the existence of a counterchurch. (And how could she? She has apparently been bound and gagged by that same counterchurch!) So the existence (and evilness) of the NO counterchurch falls under opinion. But should parents really be teaching opinion to their kids? What if the parent's opinion turns out to be wrong?

To this day I still can't tell who is right and who's wrong. The sedevacantists make the most sense. But who am I to pick sides? And who am I to be picking sides for my children? Maybe the sedevacantists are wrong and the SSPX is right. Or maybe the SSPX is wrong and the FSSP is right. For all I know, maybe even the NO conservatives could be right. And so some might pick sides without being sure. And those who do not pick sides shall inevitably waver back and forth, from sedevacantism the one day to NO the next, then to SSPX or FSSP, and back to sedevacantism, never knowing whether he's on the path or off. And we fail to teach our children that which we ourselves do not know. It's amusing except for the fact that many will be damned because of it.

Armor of Light

A problem arises when the kids grow up and see that "cool" and "normal" people are Novus Ordo Catholic.

I...I don't see that happening. They see the same TV-News-Anchor types. Nobody thinks Catholics of any stripe are cool or normal.
If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned.

Thomas à Kempis

mikemac

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 19, 2020, 01:17:12 AM
Sedes are Protestants.

If sedes are Protestants then why aren't they restricted to the "non-Catholic" forum? Why are sedes assisting at TLMs worldwide? I know of some SSPX priests who are sedes. So long as they don't make it public, they are allowed to stay in the SSPX. Are there any Protestant SSPX priests? I highly, highly doubt it.

And if sedes are Protestants then why are you spending time on a forum that asks you to "Pray for the repose of the soul of Fr Cekada, mikemac"? Fr. Cekada (RIP) was a sede, in case you didn't know.

I know; that's why I posted what I did.  It's not my forum.  I don't have to agree with everything the owner does.  I don't attend an SSPX chapel, and wouldn't.  Sedes are Protestants.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 18, 2020, 08:19:05 PM

I have nothing in common with people who believe that all souls go to Heaven, who believe that we are all God, and who kiss Korans. Why do you?

What a leap...I hope you didn't put your back out. I said there are many good, holy people who are trying very hard to love God through confusing times. They go to regular adoration, they pray the family rosary every night, they home school, they teach their children about heaven and hell. Nobody mentioned "all" souls going to heaven, and nobody said the majority or NO people are good Catholics. We are all god, kissing the Koran? See, now you are confusing the terrible mistakes of a few popes with the entire religion of Catholicism. The people I am talking about are good Catholics. They may have been ideologically abandoned by the current pope, but that doesn't mean they are less Catholic, he is.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: coffeeandcigarette on November 20, 2020, 11:38:09 PM
I said there are many good, holy people who are trying very hard to love God through confusing times.
I could say the same about Protties; doesn't mean that they have the one true Faith.

They go to regular adoration,
OK but they are just adoring bread due to the lack of validity of the New Mass, lack of validity of the New Rite of Ordination (of priests), and the lack of validity of the New Rite of Episcopal Consecration (for bishops). See more here:

[yt]
[/yt]

they pray the family rosary every night
Probably with the Luminous Mysteries, which "Saint John Paul the Great" (as Novus Ordite call him) added as a mockery of the design given by Our Lady. It just amazes me that he had the gall to do that but then I realized that "Pope Saint Paul VI" (as Novus Ordites call him) completely revised the Mass, in violation of dogma (Council of Trent). Dogma comes from God, so revising the Mass is changing what God decided.

they home school, they teach their children about heaven and hell.
I could say the same about Protties; doesn't mean that they have the one true Faith.

Nobody mentioned "all" souls going to heaven, and nobody said the majority or NO people are good Catholics. We are all god, kissing the Koran? See, now you are confusing the terrible mistakes of a few popes with the entire religion of Catholicism. The people I am talking about are good Catholics. They may have been ideologically abandoned by the current pope, but that doesn't mean they are less Catholic, he is.
It's not the current "Pope". It is all "Popes", "bishops", and most "priests" since the 1960s. The religion of Catholicism is untainted and intact but not in any building that is in communion with the apostate heretic named Francis. The Vatican II religion is not Catholic but a Counter-Church that is a Frankenchurch; a Freemasonic mixture of Protestantism and Catholicism.

Our Lady of La Salette, an approved apparition, said "Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the Antichrist."

WAKE UP, SISTER!