Church Militant: The SSPX is sympathetic to perverts

Started by Mr. Mysterious, April 22, 2020, 08:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Michael Wilson on April 22, 2020, 03:59:49 PMAu contraire, it has a lot to do with it. The relaxation of the discipline of the clergy, and of the life of prayer in religious institutes as well as the loosening up of the screening process of applicants to seminaries was a direct result of the reforms undertaken in the Church because of Vatican II. This resulted in the admission of unworthy candidates into the ranks of the clergy, which bore disastrous fruits in the years that followed the Council.
What Jane stated about celibacy not being the cause, is correct. Its the abandonment of the life of prayer and the practice of the sacraments especially Confession, which leads little by little to the loss of the sense of venial sin, then of Mortal sin; then to the falling into perversion.

Do you really think there weren't abuses and cover-ups before Vatican II? You can't be seriously that naïve.

Furthermore, the SSPX has been covering up their cases of abuse and God knows what's going on in the sedevacantist orders. Did they all relax the discipline of the clergy too? Please, kindly explain to us how Vatican II caused sexual abuse to be perpetrated and covered up by traditional priests.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Jayne

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on April 22, 2020, 04:12:37 PM
Quote from: Jayne on April 22, 2020, 03:50:59 PM
Clergy of religions that permit them to marry have just as much sexual abuse.  Also teachers, coaches, boy scout leaders, etc. have as much or more sexual abuse and cover-ups than Catholic priests.

The old canard that the others are just as bad or worse. This won't solve anything.

It is not a canard.  Is is obvious to anyone who looks at the statistics on the subject.  This does not excuse the sins of Catholic priests, but it means we should not pursue false solutions like attacking priestly celibacy.

One thing is certain: if we continue doing things exactly as we've done thus far, the problem will continue. Good luck with that.

Michael Wilson identified the direction for seeking a solution.  It lies in promoting personal holiness of priests by such means as good seminary formation and frequent Confession.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Jayne on April 22, 2020, 04:22:33 PM
One thing is certain: if we continue doing things exactly as we've done thus far, the problem will continue. Good luck with that.

Michael Wilson identified the direction for seeking a solution.  It lies in promoting personal holiness of priests by such means as good seminary formation and frequent Confession.

This already happens in traditional orders.

The result? Eppur fanno abuso. The same abuses and the same cover ups as in the mainstream orders and parishes. It seems something else is required.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Mr. Mysterious on April 22, 2020, 12:08:50 PM
Patrick Coffin's recent screed against the SSPX on Twitter.

The only thing PC is notable for is his hatred for traditionalists and his many efforts to defeat us.

QuaeriteDominum

Voris hates the SSPX and defends the Pope in all matters. What more do you need? This hit piece, containing ALL old news against a couple of priests, is filled with insinuation and calumny against other priests who are not accused or implemented in any crime. Because he does not have enough current material, he adds a bunch of stuff about laymen. Give me a break. And then to drag up Fr. Rizzo out of whatever place he dwells to talk about Nazi-infatuated priests from 30 years ago ... seriously?

P.S. - Fr Novak is the most selfless, kind, spiritual, and caring priest you could ever expect to meet. If any snowflakes here are offended that he grabbed a high school boy by the collar and told him to "wise the heck up", you belong on CAF.

Jayne

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on April 22, 2020, 04:29:16 PM
Quote from: Jayne on April 22, 2020, 04:22:33 PM

This already happens in traditional orders.

The result? Eppur fanno abuso. The same abuses and the same cover ups as in the mainstream orders and parishes. It seems something else is required.

There is no reason to think that this "something else" is getting rid of celibacy.  Philip Jenkins a (non-Catholic) professor of history and religious studies has studied this issue extensively and written a couple of books about it.  He writes ""research of cases over the past 20 years indicates no evidence whatever that Catholic or other celibate clergy are any more likely to be involved in misconduct or abuse than clergy of any other denomination—or indeed, than non-clergy. However determined news media may be to see this affair as a crisis of celibacy, the charge is just unsupported."

This author is known for his balanced and objective approach. Also his conclusions match my own based on what I have read on the subject.  There just isn't an objective basis for seeing a connection between celibacy and abuse.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

abc123

Quote from: QuaeriteDominum on April 22, 2020, 04:52:39 PM

P.S. - Fr Novak is the most selfless, kind, spiritual, and caring priest you could ever expect to meet. If any snowflakes here are offended that he grabbed a high school boy by the collar and told him to "wise the heck up", you belong on CAF.

Not sure if the snowflake comment was directed toward me but I actually had in mind the other allegations not involving the "roughing the kid up."

I agree with you regarding Fr. Novak. That was my experience of him as well. That is the reason I was shocked to see the allegation and why I tend not to believe it.

Maximilian

Quote from: QuaeriteDominum on April 22, 2020, 04:52:39 PM

This hit piece, containing ALL old news against a couple of priests, is filled with insinuation and calumny against other priests who are not accused or implemented in any crime. Because he does not have enough current material, he adds a bunch of stuff about laymen. Give me a break. And then to drag up Fr. Rizzo out of whatever place he dwells to talk about Nazi-infatuated priests from 30 years ago ... seriously?

It's obvious what happened. They wanted to write a hit piece on the SSPX. So they did a little quick google searching and came across the Fidelity article from the early Nineties. A little cut-and-pasting, and presto they have their recycled slander.

Maximilian

Quote from: Mr. Mysterious on April 22, 2020, 08:47:18 AM

If these allegations are true, it's tragic, disheartening, heinous, use whatever synonyms you can think of.

Anyone who has been a traditional Catholic for more than a few years will have already come across these accusations from decades ago. They were recycled more frequently, almost continuously it seemed, fifteen or twenty years ago.

We should be aware that this is not a test of the SSPX, but of us. The devil tests our souls with slanders, libels, calumnies and rash judgments. In my experience, very few pass the test. Most are weeded out. It is only their own loss, however, not the loss of the person being attacked.

Mr. Mysterious

Quote from: Maximilian on April 22, 2020, 06:07:58 PM
Quote from: Mr. Mysterious on April 22, 2020, 08:47:18 AM

If these allegations are true, it's tragic, disheartening, heinous, use whatever synonyms you can think of.

Anyone who has been a traditional Catholic for more than a few years will have already come across these accusations from decades ago. They were recycled more frequently, almost continuously it seemed, fifteen or twenty years ago.

We should be aware that this is not a test of the SSPX, but of us. The devil tests our souls with slanders, libels, calumnies and rash judgments. In my experience, very few pass the test. Most are weeded out. It is only their own loss, however, not the loss of the person being attacked.

My own thoughts are that however this plays out, whether some of this is true and some of it false, possible libel suits, etc, it's a reminder that the Traditional circular firing squad is still at work and the old quote "Behind all of this is the grinning face of the devil" is spot on.   
"Take courage! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Gardener

For those who think celibacy is the problem, I ask:

What's your personal threshold for no sexual activity before you start wanting to molest kids?

——

The fact of the matter is celibacy has nothing to do with abuse rates. It's been shown over and over, despite the claim being repeated.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Kreuzritter

Quote from: Gardener on April 22, 2020, 07:18:48 PM
For those who think celibacy is the problem, I ask:

What's your personal threshold for no sexual activity before you start wanting to molest kids?

——

The fact of the matter is celibacy has nothing to do with abuse rates. It's been shown over and over, despite the claim being repeated.

Forced deprivation of female sexual contact in a population increases the incidence of homosexual and other deviant acts (prison populations evidence that), and these tend to lead those who practise them deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole of perversion (this is pretty basic Pauline theology).

Padraig

I agree that this is all old news, reignited recently by an unstable girl's Facebook post. I do worry whether hard times are ahead for St. Mary's anyhow. "Ongoing investigations" are rarely a good thing to have in your parish and town.
I was surprised to see that someone I worked with when I lived in St. Mary's is now actually in prison. I knew him to be a good man and a good Catholic, and I don't believe the charges of abuse for a second.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Kansas on April 22, 2020, 02:44:44 PM

I know of an FSSP priest who recently lost his faculties and was sent back to the district house because he was accused of "boundary issues" with children.

Was said priest previously in Vancouver?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie