Rosary giveaway!

Started by Gardener, July 23, 2021, 09:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

We did this last year and it's time to do it again. "The Rosary is not an option" - Fr. Isaac Mary Relyea.

I have greatly appreciated the Rugged Rosary brand offerings, and believe they are superior to other similar brands.

For the choice of the winner(s), ANY offering from Rugged Rosaries, as available here (https://ruggedrosaries.com/) are up for grabs. If out of stock, I will give the winner a choice of in-stock or waiting til they come back in stock.

Same rules as last year:

Rules:

*Be a member of Suscipe Domine with at least 5 posts.

*One entry per member. All you need to do is post in this thread one time. Entries end at 9pm mountain standard time on 23 August. Any entry showing after 9pm on 23 August 2021 on my browser will not be counted.

*I would like a small blurb about how the Rosary benefits your life or otherwise a story about Our Lady's intercession and impact on your love for Jesus.

* In your entry post, please post which rosary you want and up to two extra medals as available on the site.

* This is open to International shipping; the Queenship of Our Lady and Kingship of Our Lord know no geographical boundaries, and neither will this contest.

QuoteFORMAT FOR ENTRY:

Rosary (and medal choice):

Story of the Rosary prayer's impact on your life:
On the evening of 23 August or morning of 24 August, I will count the number of posts. I will then go to a random number generator and have it generate a number between 2 and X, since post 1 is this post, X being the final post number. The post number(s) chosen will be the winner(s).

I will then post the winners in this thread AND send a PM to the winners.

I can either have the rosary sent directly to the winner so they may have a priest of their choice bless it, or I can have an FSSP priest bless it.

THE CONTEST STARTS NOW - ENDS AT 9pm/2100 MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME on 23 August 2021
*I reserve the right to modify the contest post/rules as necessary, including but not limited to: grammar and punctuation changes, modification of rules, etc. Entry implies no guarantee of winning.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Elizabeth.2

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Gardener on July 23, 2021, 09:10:08 PM
We did this last year and it's time to do it again. "The Rosary is not an option" - Fr. Isaac Mary Relyea.

I have greatly appreciated the Rugged Rosary brand offerings, and believe they are superior to other similar brands.

For the choice of the winner(s), ANY offering from Rugged Rosaries, as available here (https://ruggedrosaries.com/) are up for grabs. If out of stock, I will give the winner a choice of in-stock or waiting til they come back in stock.

Same rules as last year:

Rules:

*Be a member of Suscipe Domine with at least 5 posts.

*One entry per member. All you need to do is post in this thread one time. Entries end at 9pm mountain standard time on 23 August. Any entry showing after 9pm on 23 August 2021 on my browser will not be counted.

*I would like a small blurb about how the Rosary benefits your life or otherwise a story about Our Lady's intercession and impact on your love for Jesus.

* In your entry post, please post which rosary you want and up to two extra medals as available on the site.

* This is open to International shipping; the Queenship of Our Lady and Kingship of Our Lord know no geographical boundaries, and neither will this contest.

QuoteFORMAT FOR ENTRY:

Rosary (and medal choice):

Story of the Rosary prayer's impact on your life:
On the evening of 23 August or morning of 24 August, I will count the number of posts. I will then go to a random number generator and have it generate a number between 2 and X, since post 1 is this post, X being the final post number. The post number(s) chosen will be the winner(s).

I will then post the winners in this thread AND send a PM to the winners.

I can either have the rosary sent directly to the winner so they may have a priest of their choice bless it, or I can have an FSSP priest bless it.

THE CONTEST STARTS NOW - ENDS AT 9pm/2100 MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME on 23 August 2021
*I reserve the right to modify the contest post/rules as necessary, including but not limited to: grammar and punctuation changes, modification of rules, etc. Entry implies no guarantee of winning.

Dear Gardener,
Great to see you again! :cheeseheadbeer:
You have been missed! We need you in the PRAYER section! We are all in need of prayers! :pray2:
Thanks for this thread & contest! :thumbsup:
I love the Blessed Mother & the Holy Rosary! :pray2: :pray3:
May God Bless you, Gardener.
And may the Blessed Mother watch over you & your lovely family! :pray2:

diaduit

I would pick the paracord Knights of Columbus in black.  These would be in storage for my husband for when he converts.

I've said many a rosary as I grew up saying them and have seen many a miracle prayer being answered.  Probably the most profound one that sticks in my memory is when my mother was dying three years ago in Sept.  We were around her bedside and as was always family tradition, each one of us said a decade from eldest to youngest.  Between an oldest brother not wanting to participate and another being dead, we said each decade accordingly.  My mother hadn't spoken or moved in two days more or less so my sister the youngest was last who thankfully at that moment was sitting close to mum with her hands on the bed.  This sister who had left her husband in adultery 2 years before and had stopped going to mass (relationship was long gone at this stage of course) started her decade and my mother suddenly raised her hand and grabbed my sisters hand and held it through the whole decade while not being able to speak or open her eyes.  I know my mother died praying for her.
Two years later and my sister and her husband are on the road to patching things up, due to the unbelievable generosity of her husband but ultimately I believe my mothers prayers on her death bed are paying off now.

My mother had the same beads for 30 years and my sister has them now.

Bernadette

Battle Beads floral version St. Therese medal and 5-way devotional cross.

I love telling this story every chance I get. To me, it's proof that prayer and sacrifices do pay off.

In the fall of 2014 my grandma became ill with kidney failure. She was the source of the Faith in our family, having been raised Catholic in Japan. She lapsed when she married my grandpa, and seemed very bitter. It became my mission to see her reconciled with the Church before she died. This was especially difficult because my aunt wouldn't let my priest anywhere near the house to talk to my grandma. I stormed heaven for this intention. I offered all of my suffering through the hands of Our Lady, and entrusted the situation to her. I placed a rosary and a picture of Our Lady of Good Counsel on my grandma's night table. When she went into the hospice I knew time was running out. Finally the priest went by to visit her, and offered her the Last Rites. And she accepted. She was annointed on a Wednesday and died the following Sunday. Our Lady had won.

Also, when I was living with my mother in a very toxic situation at age 13, I instinctively turned to the rosary for comfort, despite never having been taught to pray it as a child. It was my only connection to the Faith, since my mother wou.ldn't take me to church. And when I reverted in college, the first thing I did was buy a rosary and have it blessed. I said it every day. It brought me such peace.
My Lord and my God.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

mikemac

WWI Battle BeadsĀ® - St. Benedict Crucifix

I hope you don't mind me using the same testimony as I did with the last Rosary giveaway.

A couple of years ago a 54 day novena worked for me in a big way; it changed my life.  The first 27 days you pray the Rosary for the intentions and the last 27 days you pray in thanksgiving as if your intentions have already been answered.  For some reason I knew it was going to come about as I was praying the 2nd half of the novena.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

MundaCorMeum

I like the Joyful Mini Rosary.

Our Lady has been by my side through many trials and sufferings, including when I didn't even give her the time of day.  She is far more devoted to me than I am to her. She has protected me from things I probably will never even realize this side of Heaven.  Ave Maria!

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Bernadette on August 24, 2021, 06:19:09 PM
Do we know who won?

I was wondering about the giveaway yesterday!

Gardener

Had an unexpectedly busy day and just got home.

I'll get this solidified this evening and put up the winners.

My apologies on the delay!
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Gardener

Assuming that all posters aside from KK intended to participate, the winners are:

Elizabeth.2

AND

diaduit!

If Elizabeth.2 did not intend to participate, I will let the random number generator choose another winner.

Here are the post numbers w/ user name and the random numbers generated:

(elizabeth.2)
(diaduit)

I'll PM the winners to confirm their preferred Rosary.

If any winner does NOT want me to send it to them (for privacy sake), but have Rugged Rosaries send it and I just pay, I will coordinate w/ RR to make sure the winner is handled and I'll pay on my end.

Bernadette

Congrats to the winners! :)
My Lord and my God.

mikemac

Yeah congratulations to the winners.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Lynne

Thank you, Gardener, for doing this!  :cheeseheadbeer:
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"