To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melkor

Gone viral. Great country song. You can hear the pain in his voice. He is one month sober as of writing this song; worked shiftwork in factories his whole life.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Acolyte

Quote from: Melkor on August 20, 2023, 08:27:46 PM

Gone viral. Great country song. You can hear the pain in his voice. He is one month sober as of writing this song; worked shiftwork in factories his whole life.

Yeah, I just got finished playing electric bass along with that song.

Getting ready to do the same with this similar one.

https://youtu.be/1Lwzn5nLRPw?si=LGl-HVSN5eGDAof8

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Acolyte

Disregard, off topic
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

LausTibiChriste

Feeling a little homesick today

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Melkor

Oh we're doing Canadian music for karaoke tonight? Gottit.

[yt]uYsVspA-lps[/yt]

Billy Talent? Yes please!

[yt]pdrzeqfumtQ[/yt]

Corb Lund, Canadian country at its best.

[yt]3oq-7PJ4wug[/yt]

Go for a soda....

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

LausTibiChriste

How about some Matthew Good

Or Our Lady Peace

Or The Tea Party

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Melkor

Melkor

Ok I'm an idiot, slightly inebriated, and can't figure out how to post YT videos with the thumbnail present....help?

LausTibiChriste

I'm just pasting the link and it's showing up

- MaximGun

Lynne

Quote from: Melkor on August 25, 2023, 06:45:49 PMOk I'm an idiot, slightly inebriated, and can't figure out how to post YT videos with the thumbnail present....help?

This link won't display correctly because it has a parameter in the url, i.e. the stuff starting with the question mark (?)

https://youtu.be/lToLs8DOlOw?si=1uCSOf0cnKV2KtUi

if we remove ?si=1uCSOf0cnKV2KtUi it should display properly.

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

LausTibiChriste

Made it a habit to fall asleep every night with this playing. Does wonders

- MaximGun

Melkor

LausTibiChriste

I want to kick my own ass for listening to this Eurotrash garbage, but it's so good

- MaximGun

awkward customer

Eurotrash garbage.......!

How about this Europagan garbage?

I can't help finding this incredibly moving.  It's about dying and being helped on your journey to Odin's halls by your loved ones 'singing' you on your way.  Even Tolkein admired Pagans for their courage.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: awkward customer on September 07, 2023, 09:12:06 AMEurotrash garbage.......!

How about this Europagan garbage?

I can't help finding this incredibly moving.  It's about dying and being helped on your journey to Odin's halls by your loved ones 'singing' you on your way.  Even Tolkein admired Pagans for their courage.

That was fantastic, thank you for sharing.

You're on the hook for the town I'm about to pillage, though.

- MaximGun