I could have written this article myself

Started by Acolyte, November 19, 2018, 09:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acolyte

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/what-catholics-can-do-whove-lost-faith-in-their-bishops-and-even-the-pope

Exactly how I feel.

"We, as Catholic laypeople, are just going to have to be better stewards of our donations. That means being more alert and aware of what's going on in our Church. YES, there are some good parishes and dioceses out there, and they deserve to be funded! But here's the deal. If you're giving money to a parish, diocese or organization that is corrupt, you're a very big part of the problem. You're financing corruption with your money and you're doing it willingly. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you. Rather, you are underwriting the rape and corruption of teenage boys, along with a plethora of homosexual liaisons between priests and others, coupled with all the financial malfeasance that goes along with it. You're funding it — voluntarily! This has got to stop. So what we need to do is start looking at our parishes and dioceses very closely. If something smells fishy, even just a little fishy, it probably is. Like the saying goes; where there's smoke there's fire! If something is smoldering in your parish, don't fund it. Give your donations to another parish instead. If something is smoldering in your diocese, don't fund it. Send your money to a different diocese instead. If it's not clean, don't fund it! Be responsible with your donations for heaven's sake! Finally, don't give a dime to the USCCB or the CCHD. These organizations have proved to be Leftist front groups that confuse the faithful and back things the Church opposes. If you want to fight poverty, give that money to a local Catholic soup kitchen instead. At least there you'll be able to see the results.
Lastly, this leads me to the final step. Once you know who to not fund, you'll also know who to walk away from. It's time to walk out of corrupt parishes and corrupt dioceses, and yes, there is a canonical way to do this. You can leave the corruption without leaving the Catholic Church, and this is where so many former Catholics have erred. You don't need to leave your baptismal birthright as a Catholic to be relatively free of those Judas clergy corrupting the Church. There are canonical options available to you, and if you're smart (you need to be smart in times like these) you can make use of them. I cannot give you a checklist for how to find a good parish and bishop. That's not how it works. But as the Scriptures say, you shall know them by their fruits. There are certain outward signs that a parish and diocese will display that indicate a strong Catholic identity, and less of a likelihood for homosexualist corruption. It's not a guarantee (nothing is), but it does radically improve the odds. I've outlined them extensively here.
My last post was an open letter to the US Catholic Bishops which I wrote to them the week before the Baltimore Conference. I didn't expect any kind of response from that, but what we got was even far worse than what I imagined. We literally got nothing — a great big fat zero — along with plenty of hints from both the Conference and Rome that cover-up will continue to remain the status quo. I ended by saying this would be my last letter to them, and I have no desire to communicate any further. I meant it. As the title of this essay says, I've lost faith in them entirely. So that open letter was the last they'll ever hear from me.

This post, directed toward my regular readers, is likewise intended to be my last essay on the subject of homosexual abuse and cover up. This is mainly because I really have nothing more to say. I've already said everything I can on the matter. I may update my social media feeds with some of the latest current events on this topic, but I really don't have any more essays to write or recommendations to make. This whole mess will soon play out with law enforcement, and perhaps a little divine intervention along the way. So there is nothing more that I can add.

We have been burdened to live through the saddest era in the history of the Catholic Church. What has happened is worse than the Arian Heresy, and I believe future generations will acknowledge that. For the Homosexualist Heresy, and all the sexual sin that accompanies it, especially the sexual abuse of minors, is a challenge to the very nature of Christianity itself. If homosexuality (sodomy or "gay sex") is not a sin, then there is no such thing as sexual sin at all, and the entire 2000 years of Christian teaching on the matter has been one big lie. If sexual sin does not exist, then the sacrifice of Christ's crucifixion is cheapened. The need for the gospel is lessened, and the disciplines of the Church are irrelevant. The entire Christian faith hinges on this matter. For if there is no sexual sin, then most people don't sin at all. The average person doesn't murder, or steal, or slander others. The average Catholic goes to mass on Sundays, honors his parents, and rarely ever uses the Lord's name in vain. What is adultery when a man can "marry" another man? What is adultery when a married woman can have a fling with her girlfriend on the side? If all of this is to be made permissible, against the Scriptures and Catechism, as the homosexualists desire, then the Church itself becomes nothing more than a social accessory, totally optional to the Christian who can define his "personal relationship with Jesus Christ" any way he likes. Jesus himself becomes just another Buddha or Krishna for the modern man to choose at his personal discretion. I have no desire to be part of a "church" that looks like this. Either there is such a thing as sexual sin or there isn't. Either what the Scriptures tell us is true about homosexuality (sodomy or "gay sex") or the Scriptures are false. Erase the condemnation of homosexuality from the Bible, and you erase the sacrifice that atoned for it on the cross.

I know the truth. I believe what the Scriptures tell us. I believe what the Catechism teaches us. I believe what the Catholic-Christian faith has always taught us. I will not support those who deny these things, either by word or deed, and they won't get a dime of my money, nor will I regularly attend their parishes and cathedrals. I have lost faith in them. I've decided to move on now, strictly to orthodox parishes and bishops who are accountable and transparent. I've checked out of the corrupt-mainstream Catholic Church. There is nothing more I can do or say. If you're reading this, and you're ready to leave the corruption behind, this is how you do it legally and properly."

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Kreuzritter

"I believe what the Catechism teaches us"

Speak for yourself.

St.Justin

6 Precepts of the Church

1.  To respectfully and devoutly assist at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass on all Sundays and Holydays of Obligation.

2.  To fast and abstain on the days appointed.

3.  To go to Confession at least once a year during the Easter Season.

4.  To receive the Sacrament of the Most Holy Eucharist at least once a year during the Easter Season.

5.  To contribute financially (i.e. give money) to the support of the Catholic Church.

6. To never violate the laws concerning the Sacrament of Matrimony.

Acolyte

Quote from: St.Justin on November 20, 2018, 12:07:53 PM
6 Precepts of the Church

1.  To respectfully and devoutly assist at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass on all Sundays and Holydays of Obligation.

2.  To fast and abstain on the days appointed.

3.  To go to Confession at least once a year during the Easter Season.

4.  To receive the Sacrament of the Most Holy Eucharist at least once a year during the Easter Season.

5.  To contribute financially (i.e. give money) to the support of the Catholic Church.

6. To never violate the laws concerning the Sacrament of Matrimony.

My money goes to the building maintenance fund and the Perpetual Adoration Chapel.

The Archdiocese doesn't get a cut of that I don't think.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Traditionallyruralmom

Quote from: Acolyte on November 20, 2018, 01:58:07 PM
My money goes to the building maintenance fund and the Perpetual Adoration Chapel.

The Archdiocese doesn't get a cut of that I don't think.

I give our good diocese priest gas cards, to help him bring Jesus to the homebound and do his other business.  I also give money to our PEA, as well as have masses said and give the holy priest a nice stipend. 
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.